Thread: Ever been robbed at gunpoint?

Default Ever been robbed at gunpoint?

On vacation to see the fam in north Houston area (Conroe) this week. Sitting at a table at Pappas bbq eating my babybacks and 3 masked men barge in and proceed to rob the place with extended clip pistols. They then went from table to table empying everyones pockets including my 12yo nephew. They got $700+ from our table alone. No one hurt. The cops caught all 3 within 15 mins. All money was recovered. Although impressed with the police force not too impressed with the locals. Has anyone else ever had anything like this happen?

That kind of situation is my absolute worst nightmare. I often tell myself I want to get a Conceal and carry permit for such an occasion, then you have to weigh in your mind the possible impact of your reaction. I'm sorry you had to go through that.
    NEVER SATISFIED RACING
    Fine Design 32 V-Hull 4082+6s

Quote Originally Posted by Tamelesstgr View Post
    That kind of situation is my absolute worst nightmare. I often tell myself I want to get a Conceal and carry permit for such an occasion, then you have to weigh in your mind the possible impact of your reaction. I'm sorry you had to go through that.
    Honestly, would $700 have even been worth the potentially deadly confrontation? I'm pro C&C and believe it's a constitutional right that's long been squashed here in Chicago/IL, but a cell phone and a few bucks are no where near that important to me. Not sure I would have wanted another customer to pull out a gun and start a shootout while eating with my family either.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Agree, that's why I am on the fence with C&C, you better understand what can happen to you personally as liability and how your decisions will potentially affect others cause you didn't use your head.
    NEVER SATISFIED RACING
    Fine Design 32 V-Hull 4082+6s

Quote Originally Posted by Tamelesstgr View Post
    Agree, that's why I am on the fence with C&C, you better understand what can happen to you personally as liability and how your decisions will potentially affect others cause you didn't use your head.
    My business partner went through the certification last year. That very subject is what a majority of the classroom training is about. Your life must be in immediate danger. The retired cop teaching the class told everyone to expect to be taken to court and sued by the person or the family of the person you shoot.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

My wife and I both carry and hope we never, ever have to use them. We also have insurance in case we do.

Sorry to hear this happened to you. Glad to hear nobody was hurt.
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    District 13 Director 2011- present
    IMPBA National Records Director 2009-2019
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

Thanks guys.... Well in the end the small town Sherrif did not like this happening in his town. Bail is extremely high and they are adding additional charges for shooting at cops and civilian cars out back of the resturaunt. IMG_0518.jpg