Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This FE boat ting is gonna be FUN.

Thumbs up This FE boat ting is gonna be FUN.

Just took my AQUACRAFT MC out for its maiden run and all I can say is pretty damn cool boat,After days of research and and reading this forum for things to look for and correct on this boat, I can say was very well worth the time spent only real issue was flexcable to motor alignment, and no gap at strut, and loose motor mounts, and dry flexcable.Other than that everything else seems good to go,also running stock prop for now,Ran a couple venom 5000mah 30c packs for starters, boat looked to have decent speed without any adjustments to strut or rudder, was a balmy 34 degrees out so as far as esc and motor temps that will have to wait,only ran those two packs and I'm hooked on this FE boating,So if any of you guys new to boating are not sure of something search this forum and research before taking that boat out of the box and right to the water only to have a bad experience due to being in a rush to rip across the water.

Very well put. Really glad your experience is good, watch out though, it gets better.

Shawn

Quote Originally Posted by brian340 View Post
    Just took my AQUACRAFT MC out for its maiden run and all I can say is pretty damn cool boat,After days of research and and reading this forum for things to look for and correct on this boat, I can say was very well worth the time spent only real issue was flexcable to motor alignment, and no gap at strut, and loose motor mounts, and dry flexcable.Other than that everything else seems good to go,also running stock prop for now,Ran a couple venom 5000mah 30c packs for starters, boat looked to have decent speed without any adjustments to strut or rudder, was a balmy 34 degrees out so as far as esc and motor temps that will have to wait,only ran those two packs and I'm hooked on this FE boating,So if any of you guys new to boating are not sure of something search this forum and research before taking that boat out of the box and right to the water only to have a bad experience due to being in a rush to rip across the water.

Been testing and adjusting the Motley for about 3 months now; and it keeps getting better. Lots of fun... Enjoy...

Quote Originally Posted by srislash View Post
    watch out though, it gets better.
    ...and more expensive
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Aint that the truth! My initial purchase of my Voracity made me buy a Zelos 36 and a HE Richardson tug as a rescue boat....along with all the Revo batteries, trim tabs and props for the mono.....mods for the tug boat.....and I am only 30 days in!! LOL
    Proboat Voracity, Proboat Zelos 36, H.E. Richardson Tug Boat for a rescue boat.

Quote Originally Posted by Hemifear View Post
    .and I am only 30 days in!! LOL
    atta boy! Charger addiction will set in soon, then the need to optimize how much stuff gets taken to the lake, so things like a new multi-boat transmitter and tools take over your online shopping.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Just ordered a MC...couldn't beat the deal from Hobbyzone. Are you running on 3s? I've seen vids with this boat on 4s, but I have no idea if the stock esc would handle it.

Quote Originally Posted by Prodrvr View Post
    Just ordered a MC...couldn't beat the deal from Hobbyzone. Are you running on 3s? I've seen vids with this boat on 4s, but I have no idea if the stock esc would handle it.
    Out of the box; the electronics is setup for 2 x 2S lipos running in series = 4S.

Seen other vids where people use 5S but you need to keep an eye out for temps on all the gear... Think it's on the edge with 5S with stock electronics...

Haven't seen any 3S parallel setups tho... I have seen 3S in series = 6S with upgraded electronics & gear...

Have fun...

My LUCAS OIL CAT (same hull) blows over around 60mph...My Avatar is a GoPro still frame of that boat during a massive crash at 60mph+, and let me tell you...AQ hulls are layed up thin, and won't handle too many blowovers without damage. It's still an awesome boat for a RTR, and I think they handle fairly well, in the turns especially.
    ENJOY!!!! And Yes, like others say, get your checkbook out!
    NEXT STOP..........6s!

Happy Boating!!!
    -Chad

only ran a couple 2s packs at 30c with stock prop due to weather,but for a first time rtr boat I'm impressed with the speed and no adjustments boat seems to turn and handle without issue more fun will follow as warmer weather approaches,did order new flex cable prop set up off here,also waiting for a CNC x440 prop to try and may also try the grim 42x55 prop if I can get it to run in the 40 50 mph range I will be happy with those speeds Ha just outta the box was good with speed but a little extra mph never hurts.just not looking for higher speeds that increase a chance for blowovers.

I run a castle 1515 and Raider 150 with an M445 in my MC, it rips. I suggest reinforcing the motor mount it is very flimsy and will twist easily. I flipped the mount, threw in some larger screws, and backed it with a piece of aluminum. Very sturdy now.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ1TRXSAton View Post
    Out of the box; the electronics is setup for 2 x 2S lipos running in series = 4S.

Seen other vids where people use 5S but you need to keep an eye out for temps on all the gear... Think it's on the edge with 5S with stock electronics...

Haven't seen any 3S parallel setups tho... I have seen 3S in series = 6S with upgraded electronics & gear...

Have fun...
    Thanks for getting back to me. I think my goal is to keep this boat at or just below 65 mph. The fastest boat I've ever driven was a friend's rigger with a Butch 26cc in it. Ran 68 mph and was so stable. It's a respectable speed, but I have the need to scrape up some change for an 80+ mph boat one day.

I wonder if it's at all possible to cut the tub out, line the inside of the hull with cf, then reinstall the tub without it looking like a 5 year old did it?

Quote Originally Posted by FORT-26 View Post
    My LUCAS OIL CAT (same hull) blows over around 60mph...My Avatar is a GoPro still frame of that boat during a massive crash at 60mph+, and let me tell you...AQ hulls are layed up thin, and won't handle too many blowovers without damage. It's still an awesome boat for a RTR, and I think they handle fairly well, in the turns especially.
    ENJOY!!!! And Yes, like others say, get your checkbook out!
    NEXT STOP..........6s!

Happy Boating!!!
    -Chad
    Your avatar pic is cool man! That's certainly a view you do not want to see if you were racing a full size skater!!

I wonder if it's at all possible to cut the tub out, line the inside of the hull with cf, then reinstall the tub without it looking like a 5 year old did it?
    Like this? Roofintrash just did it.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Quote Originally Posted by brian340 View Post
    for a first time rtr boat I'm impressed with the speed and no adjustments
    You ran it as is from the box?

Plenty of people have cut the tub out. Not sure about epoxying it back in. Tony (propperchopper) is going on like his 6th race season with the same MC hull, he still uses the tub. It probably add's some rigidity being all one piece. If you plan on going 6s crazy with a large motor than it would probably be beneficial removing it/going to an adjustable motor mount, but its already a pretty thin hull if you're going to remove the tub I would definitely reinforce everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Mxkid261 View Post
    Plenty of people have cut the tub out. Not sure about epoxying it back in. Tony (propperchopper) is going on like his 6th race season with the same MC hull, he still uses the tub. It probably add's some rigidity being all one piece. If you plan on going 6s crazy with a large motor than it would probably be beneficial removing it/going to an adjustable motor mount, but its already a pretty thin hull if you're going to remove the tub I would definitely reinforce everything.
    Yeah, I might not even try to do all that work to the hull. Probably better off buying a hull that's ready for high speed like that TFL zonda I was looking at.

Yeah, I might not even try to do all that work to the hull. Probably better off buying a hull that's ready for high speed like that TFL zonda I was looking at.
    Before I cut mine up I really considered getting a mean machine or a comparable hull. It would have been a lot less work, but I already had this sitting here so out came the tub. I can't wait for it to warm up so I can give this thing the beatings it deserves. I ran the carbon all the way up to the top deck and it really toughened the hull up, and the real motor mount is the best part.
    Rick

Now you just need to find some guys to race with. Getting together with hobbyists that dig toy boats is......................priceless.
    Noisy person

Quote Originally Posted by roofintrash View Post
    Before I cut mine up I really considered getting a mean machine or a comparable hull. It would have been a lot less work, but I already had this sitting here so out came the tub. I can't wait for it to warm up so I can give this thing the beatings it deserves. I ran the carbon all the way up to the top deck and it really toughened the hull up, and the real motor mount is the best part.
    A little epoxy in each sponson tip may not be a bad idea either.

Quote Originally Posted by Mxkid261 View Post
    A little epoxy in each sponson tip may not be a bad idea either.
    Already done my friend, with a little chopped up carbon mixed in too.
    Rick

Quote Originally Posted by roofintrash View Post
    Already done my friend, with a little chopped up carbon mixed in too.
    Should hold up well.

Quote Originally Posted by T.S.Davis View Post
    Now you just need to find some guys to race with. Getting together with hobbyists that dig toy boats is......................priceless.
    True! This gets a bit boring when running by yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by fweasel View Post
    Like this? Roofintrash just did it.
    Yes!!

IMG_6884.jpg

Tub-removal is my next step...This boat is retired for now, but this is what I did:
    -Tub still in tact
    -Cut stock esc table out, then CFd
    -Battery placement forward now
    -Still Loops at 60mph!

You just have to get all that weight down to the bottom of the hull, I think, to hit 65+

-Chad

Quote Originally Posted by FORT-26 View Post
    IMG_6884.jpg

Tub-removal is my next step...This boat is retired for now, but this is what I did:
    -Tub still in tact
    -Cut stock esc table out, then CFd
    -Battery placement forward now
    -Still Loops at 60mph!

You just have to get all that weight down to the bottom of the hull, I think, to hit 65+

-Chad
    So what you're saying is, the MC will turn into an airplane above 60. The AM Avenger pro I had did the same damn thing. I could not get it to stop.

filled my hull with foam and added some reinforcement to the motor mount.
    this thing crashed several times at 70+,no probs so far with this cheap and dirty method...

https://youtu.be/nj6YnRMlgGI

[QUOTE=danthem;698947]filled my hull with foam and added some reinforcement to the motor mount.
    this thing crashed several times at 70+,no probs so far with this cheap and dirty method...

Good Job with that one! Gotta be one of the fastest if not the fastest Crew on the water! Awesome Job!
    TFL Zonda (124mph), Miss Geico Zelos 36 (108mph), Veles 29 (91mph), Zelos Twin 36 (90mph), Miss Geico 29v3 (83.5mph), Sonicwake 36 V2 (83mph), Blackjack 42 (81mph), TFL Pursuit (79mph), UL-19 (75mph), Sonicwake 36 (73mph), Motley Crew (47.5mph), AquaCraft Rescue 17

thanks man,but i have to admit you have to be a bit lucky with the equal filling of the foam to keep the balance;
    last year i had the lucas oil prepared with the same method-it was not that stable.furthermore this is a rather heavy setup(2x 6 s 3800 mah in parallel,
    so the boat lost some cornering performance.anyways,this thing is a tank+it is unsinkable.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast