Thread: Hobby king

Default Hobby king

Anybody have any issues with them?? I ordered a boat from them and it still has not arrived, when I check my order status is says complete but no tracking number and no phone number to contact them?? Is the only way to contact them the online chat?? I used it once in the past, and I don't believe the person on the other end of the chat was fluent in English. Any ideas, thoughts...

What warehouse was your boat shipping from? The items I've purchased from HK that shipped from US warehouses usually came on time, along with tracking info. The items that shipped from overseas took a long time, as expected, and I recall the order process and tracking updates was slow as well.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

I waited for it to come into the USA Warehouse. It's funny that the rudder I ordered from Hong Kong is already delivered but the boat has yet to arrive when it is shipping from USA.

I've been dealing with the live chat with no issues and they are pretty fluent in English.A friend of mine bought and received a bad motor so I got in touch with them via chat and they replaced it in record time.
    GO FAST AND TURN RIGHT !
    www.grsboats.com.br

I did order some Bats that they back ordered. after 60 days they cancelled the order when I complained that I had not received them. They had them at the US warehouse at a higher price. So basically they did not honor the original price. I did get a refund though.

Well I am still unsure what is happening as FedEx is investigating what happened to the delivery. They are trying to see if it went to the wrong address or if it was stolen off the front porch. Hobby king needs a non receipt claim but that has to come from Fedex which I still haven't heard back from though they did assign a case number for the investigation. Problem is Hobby King never supplied a tracking number so the boat was missing three days before I found out it was delivered.

Bummer. I've had two recent warranty claims, one battery, one ESC, and both were handled quickly. Maybe try to get involved with the FedEx side of things directly to help the process along.

I have contacted FedEx they say they are trying to get in contact with the driver to see what happened. They aren't sure if he delivered it to the right address.

Just an update FedEx states they will take care of the lost item and all Hobby king needs to do is call them and it will be taken care of. Hobby king states they have no phones to call FedEx? How do you run a business and not a phone you can use???

Quote Originally Posted by Newboater View Post
    Just an update FedEx states they will take care of the lost item and all Hobby king needs to do is call them and it will be taken care of. Hobby king states they have no phones to call FedEx? How do you run a business and not a phone you can use???
    Not outside the realm of possibility if their call center is overseas that they wouldn't have outside lines. Play by their rules, get a name and email address for your FedEx contact and have HK contact them that way. I'd get FedEx's response in wirting somehow, perhaps an email or fax to you, and make notes of case ID's, employee names, ID's, etc.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Just an update as of 3/14 FedEx is now getting annoyed that Hobby King has not notified them to close out the claim. On line chat at HK always states the same canned response that Logistics is working on it. What a load of crap. Hobby King is really pathetic in their customer service department. I guess I will have no choice but to open a paypal dispute, really a shame because I would have like to have bought a princess yacht, it looked like it had nice potential to modify it.

I ordered my Persuit form Global warehouse to Canada by Air Parcel. Will see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by runningman View Post
    I ordered my Persuit form Global warehouse to Canada by Air Parcel. Will see what happens.
    I would think you would be okay, the whole outfit can't be as pathetic as their customer service otherwise I think the whole business would fold.

Hope your problem resolves positive way.

It's mostly automated.
    Nortavlag Bulc

Just an update as of 3/14 FedEx is now getting annoyed that Hobby King has not notified them to close out the claim. On line chat at HK always states the same canned response that Logistics is working on it. What a load of crap. Hobby King is really pathetic in their customer service department. I guess I will have no choice but to open a paypal dispute, really a shame because I would have like to have bought a princess yacht, it looked like it had nice potential to modify it.
    One way or another, get your funds back and then watch for when someone sells one of these second hand, many to be had.

I've had it with hobbyking after a 2014 battery boondoggle.

They cut out the free lunch on battery sales and stopped carrying many things I was interested in. Have you tried Bang Good or TomTop for direct sales? I thought it was a TFL product anyway???
    Nortavlag Bulc

I am asking Steve at OSE to see how much one is, yes it is a TFL product. I have ordered from bang good in the past but they can't really seem to get anything they don't have listed on their website. Never tried TomTop. To be honest I am getting tired of the Chinese online chit chat of " Good day Sir David how may me help you today" and "me sorry for your frustration I understand can I help you with something else"
    really just fed up with the whole ordeal at this point

I am asking Steve at OSE to see how much one is, yes it is a TFL product. I have ordered from bang good in the past but they can't really seem to get anything they don't have listed on their website. Never tried TomTop. To be honest I am getting tired of the Chinese online chit chat of " Good day Sir David how may me help you today" and "me sorry for your frustration I understand can I help you with something else"
    really just fed up with the whole ordeal at this point
    Yep, me too. Fed up.
    Nortavlag Bulc

Just received my Pursuit from Global warehouse. very fast. Had to pay $45 CAN customs to Canada Post though.

just order all your stuff from OSE, the fastest, the best customer service, the best website , it tells you exactly whats in stock and whats not. Good pictures for pretty much everything, and despite being a redsawx and patriawts fan hes actually a really good guy!!!!
    We call ourselves the "Q"

DA Best!!!
    Nortavlag Bulc

If you do a PayPal dispute you will get there attention quicker than a phone call. They will send you another boat or give you a refund. Businesses don't like PayPal disputes because PayPal will hold up their money.

Mark

Paypal wasn't really able too do much as the FedEx tracking states it was left on the front porch and that counts as delivered. Hobby King has offered credit towards half of a new boat. Might order the boat again as I think it is pretty nice looking with some good modding potential. Gonna think about it for a few days.

Paypal wasn't really able too do much as the FedEx tracking states it was left on the front porch and that counts as delivered. Hobby King has offered credit towards half of a new boat. Might order the boat again as I think it is pretty nice looking with some good modding potential. Gonna think about it for a few days.
    What happened to FedEx's initial reply that they were going to take care of you?
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

It seems to me your invoice from HK when you bought the boat should be good enough for fed ex.

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by fweasel View Post
    What happened to FedEx's initial reply that they were going to take care of you?
    I don't really know for sure. Hobby king was suppose to reopen the FedEx claim as they were the shipper. FedEx stated they never got any response or an invoice from HK, from the initial request they sent to HK. FedEx said they only hold a claim open for two weeks if the information they request is not supplied, then they close the claim out.
    I had a very hard time with HK customer service as they kept telling me I needed to supply the invoice to FedEx even though I made it perfectly clear only the shipper can send the invoice.
    HK did ship the original boat, so it is not all their fault. The boat was left on the front porch for about three days as we were not home which was a mistake on our part also. Sometimes things come up in life you just can't plan for.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkF View Post
    It seems to me your invoice from HK when you bought the boat should be good enough for fed ex.

Mark
    FedEx will only allow the seller/shipper to make the claim for lost or stolen items. You can make a claim if the item arrives is damaged or is incorrect