Thread: new to rc boating need some help with Auqacraft motley crew!

Question new to rc boating need some help with Auqacraft motley crew!

Hello to all,Im new to rc boating ran cars and planes prior just purchased a Aquacraft Motley crew and trying to find out info,so far from what I'm seeing on here is flex shaft problems with stock cable so 1st should I just go ahead and replace the flex cable and prop? or remove it regrease it and hope for the best,2nd I'm looking at the motor and coupler,when looking from stern of boat, motor and flex cable look to be tweeked to the left which to me does not look right,shouldnt it be straight and even or is this for motor tuorqe.also if its an issue that needs to be corrected should I just contact aquacraft for a replacement boat! Cant see paying that much for something that needs to be reworked when it has not even been in the the water yet.

A guy in the club recently burned up two motors before he found the misalignment in the shaft just behind the motor. Must have caused friction and high current draw. Do you think you can do the tweaking yourself?
    Ron - The Villages, FL

https://castawaysboatworx.org/

I actually spent most of the day on here looking at pics and researching as much as I could, this is great site for info and ideas,,And I think I have it the way it needs to be,I pulled the flex cable(not much lube on it) removed the motor mount(will reinforce with a backplate of carbonfiber or sheet of 1/8 aluminum for strength) and did some slight bending & twisting and glad I did cuz two of the screws that hold motor bracket were loose,The motor is now straight and angle seems good I can now put flex cable in and lines up without having to move it in the collet,also found the gap between prop and shaft less than the 4to5mm called for in manual, WOW who assembles these things quality control is terrible,weather permitting tommarow looking to get her in the water for a go And go from their.

You're a fast learner.
    Ron - The Villages, FL

https://castawaysboatworx.org/