Thread: thunder tiger: OLYMPIAN

Default thunder tiger: OLYMPIAN

I finally got on!!! What do you guys think of the OLYMPIAN, and do any body know what size the prop shaft is??

I have had 4 boats,from 17in. to the new TRAXXAS M41. I just want a boat that you do not half to spend a lot

of extra money to make it go right like the TRAXXAS SPARTAN. the OLYMPIAN seem to have it ALL, what do you

think???

thanks Steve

Making my purchase soon. Done a ton of boat research and have come up with the same conclusion. Best bang for the buck.

Yeah it's awesome. Ordered and should be here next Tuesday!!! Anxious!

I'm excited.. should be getting mine delivered today, any feedback from you owners??

boat looks nice ,i would look around and see if anyone makes a one piece flex shaft for it .
    volantex vector pro ,proboat veles 29 , traxxas spartan, hobbyking/tfl pursuit ,ft009 with rescue rigging

Default Thunder Tiger Olympian

Quote Originally Posted by boatsrnew2me View Post
    boat looks nice ,i would look around and see if anyone makes a one piece flex shaft for it .
    Thanks for your response! I really have no idea what that part of the boat looks like, but I will definitely take your advice and see what I can do. I will also likely want to change out the prop, but again, no idea till I actually have it in my hot little hands!!

all the best

Hi again,

Well I have the Olympian her now, and can see that it has a solid prop shaft that is connected to a flex shaft. So are you saying that I should remove the solid shaft and flex shaft, and simply put in a longer flex shaft?

What's the advantage of a one piece flex shaft?

Anybody have one for a while yet

Quote Originally Posted by Mobywon View Post
    I'm excited.. should be getting mine delivered today, any feedback from you owners??
    After 5 runs, the shaft locked up. Prop won't spin, acts like it's jammed. I haven't investigated. Hopefully, it's nothing major, like a burned up ESC or motor I'm new at this. Can anyone advise where to start?

Quote Originally Posted by Ramjet View Post
    After 5 runs, the shaft locked up. Prop won't spin, acts like it's jammed. I haven't investigated. Hopefully, it's nothing major, like a burned up ESC or motor I'm new at this. Can anyone advise where to start?
    The shaft is supposed to be greased after each run. If you didn't do that, there lies your problem. try taking it out and you'll be
    able to tell for sure. if the motor shaft wont turn after you disconnect the shaft, you know the rest! Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Ramjet View Post
    What's the advantage of a one piece flex shaft?
    easier to grease the flex shaft .usually a 2 piece requires more disassembly to grease .a one piece you simply loosen the collet and slide it right out .couldnt be any more easy .sorry the reply came so late .
    volantex vector pro ,proboat veles 29 , traxxas spartan, hobbyking/tfl pursuit ,ft009 with rescue rigging

easier to grease the flex shaft .usually a 2 piece requires more disassembly to grease .a one piece you simply loosen the collet and slide it right out .couldnt be any more easy .sorry the reply came so late .
    thanks for the info, much appreciated.