Thread: Super Modified Shockwave 36 with Twin TLF P1 sterndrives!!

Default Super Modified Shockwave 36 with Twin TFL P1 sterndrives!!

I finally found a mint condition Shockwave 36 fiberglass boat and ripped out all the Primitive Nitro Equip and installed Dual TFL P1 sterndrives. Even on 3s per side she she still runs 32mph! This boat weighs in a just under 8Lbs. it drive very scale smashes small chop easily. I had to plug all the holes and then start over with a clean transom. I did all the paint myself and was a pain in the butt, however I am happy with it. The boat now has a "WET" exhaust system since i plumbed all the cooling lines to dump out through the new pipes. I did also CNC machine the exhaust pipe outlet rings and transom plates for the drives to mount to giving them a little more set-back. I also made the driver figures on a 3D printer at work after I drew them up in SolidWorks. They may be a little crude but they look better than the stock "lexan" drivers!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by sfileccia; 03-05-2017 at 06:33 PM.

Beautiful work, I saw this boat a some time ago on Facebook I think, Steve from OSE snapped a pic of it and posted it on his FB page. Those exhaust / cooling ports look great, love the outdrives too. Any plans to upgrade props or try 4s?
    NEVER SATISFIED RACING
    Fine Design 32 V-Hull 4082+6s

Thanks a lot! Steve snapped the pictures during a race here in Michigan. I do plan on getting some CNC Alloy 2 blade ones soon to see if the performance improves any.. The Plastic ones work great for now and are actually stiff and hook up well at 32MPH on GPS. 4s may be too much. I was really surprised a the 3s speed! I try to achieve a scale speed and handling. being heavy it climbs up on plane in a scale fashion. even coming off plane, it drops with the nose high and tail low. Such a fun boat to run.
    Last edited by sfileccia; 03-02-2017 at 08:09 AM.

Looks awesome. Any pictures of the inside?
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

I have one of these and doing a twin like this is very cool !
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s