Thread: Expresscraft Lightning Cat converted to brushless and MHZ Drive speedmaster #6

Default Expresscraft Lightning Cat converted to brushless and MHZ Drive speedmaster #6

Here is ANOTHER project boat that I have actually ran already. My Expresscraft boat had a GAS engine and an MHZ USA drive. I took out the "Primitive" gas motor and dropped in a Proteus 56-90 Brushless running on 8s. I can say the boat runs MUCH better as electric and the balance and cornering is fantastic. The acceleration is crazy good as well. I had this boat sitting for years before I finally decided that Electric Tech was at a point to do this.
    Very happy with this boat now.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice clean build! Looks great. I know how you feel, last year I resurrected my old gas deep-V (Enforcer 46") and thought it would just be fun to see it run regardless of speeds, totally blew me away, way faster and handles better, feels great to have the old friend back in action. Would love to see a vid of your's running, nice work!

Quote Originally Posted by Lone-Wolf View Post
    Nice clean build! Looks great. I know how you feel, last year I resurrected my old gas deep-V (Enforcer 46") and thought it would just be fun to see it run regardless of speeds, totally blew me away, way faster and handles better, feels great to have the old friend back in action. Would love to see a vid of your's running, nice work!
    Thanks, I am glad your electric project worked out well too! I do have a video but it was just a shore mounted camera so the boat is kind of small. I will get a new on recorded when it warms up here.
    I agree it is nice to have my first big boat back in action!