Thread: Bonzi Epic 60" with twin Electric Brushless and ArrowShark M8 Drives project

Default Bonzi Epic 60" with twin Electric Brushless and ArrowShark M8 Drives project

Here is my OTHER project boat, an Epic 60 hull that was built with no stringers installed. I had to make all the wood parts, CNC cut all the motor and stuffing tube mounts, then install the one piece custom ordered Wrap. The wrap took 4 hours to put on and was a giant PAIN IN THE BUTT,..............still cheaper than paint and i think it looks snassy. I had seen this wrap on a full size Sunsation 32 foot boat and asked if they could scale it down for my boat......Yes was the answer so I am pretty sure I will have the only one like it on this
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by sfileccia; 02-28-2017 at 12:52 PM. Reason: add picture

Oh man, way way too cool! What a beauty! How long until she see's some water?

Jealous! Nice size boat, I need to upgrade, tired of my ape hands not being able to fit in tight places in smaller boats haha.
    NEVER SATISFIED RACING
    Fine Design 32 V-Hull 4082+6s

Thanks,
    I need to install both ESC's and mount the servo. Here in Mi the ice is finally melting. I need about 3-4 weeks I guess to send her off!

Very nice, love the wrap.

Nice!

That looks great! Let us know how those drives work out. What part of Michigan are you in? I'm in southeast Harrison twp.

Cool project, nice work!
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    District 13 Director 2011- present
    IMPBA National Records Director 2009-2019
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

Well thank you! I hope the drives are good. The fit and finish are not as nice as the MHZ drives. I had to take both apart already to realign the assemblies. Both were crooked! I live in Oakland county near Pontiac. I even ordered the matched Prop set from them and even they are different by a huge amount! One hub is way thicker than the other and even the drive dog slots were extremely rough and the depth of them were WAY off from each other. Hand finished to very low standards.

I'm in macomb county. Not to far out, there's a lot of lakes that way to run in. I've only ran mye boat in lake st Clair. I have two sets of CR props and both the hubs and drive dog slots differ from each other as well, always wondered if that would make a difference in performance.

That is cool to be able to run on the "Big Lake". I used to run my 21 foot Skater Cat out there nearly every weekend for years. For R/C, living in Waterford, we are surrounded by nice RC lakes and ponds.

Nice! I do a little work out there now and then and I'm always like "you lucky bastards I'd love to have a mini lake for my toy boat!" Do you run for sport or race? I'm hoping to get my gas 65" apache back up and running to play with a bit this year if I can escape the lady and baby.

Cool. I only run for sport. I could not bear racing as I put all my efforts into scale running offshore boats. I love the long builds and making custom parts and creating looking boats. I would love to have purchased a slightly larger hull like the apache! I think my twin set up would be nicer on your boat hull! Mine is lower profile. I like the taller boats instead. Is your boat on these threads? Would like to see it.

Same here, top speed for mine before was 40mph. My build is over on jims rc boat dock. I would have loved to put nicer drives on mine but it was out of my price range. The apache boats have always been my favorite. The next boat id like to get is the 66" sv 43 but I've read it's really difficult to obtain from this builder.
    Short video with hardly any good footage but here's mine running a single drive

Easter day first run with epic 60!! Went great, look at pic's...............i am haaapppyyy!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Awesome!!! Boat looks great!!! Hope to see some video soon!!!!

What a beautiful boat. Question on the m8s? Can you let me know what size props you are running as well as motor Kv and what size lipos? Thanks!!

Very nice Apache ! I'm on the way to do the same job on my 56''