Thread: New Traxxas M29 hull modified from a M41

Default New Traxxas M29 hull modified from a M41

Here is a new Prototype Traxxas M41 Hull with the Transom extension/swim platform CUT OFF and replaced with a new flat transom to hold 2 outboards.
    The bottom cable exit pod was also shaved off and filled in flat to tunnel bottom since is it is not needed. I need to add the servo and ECS's and such and adjust the CG so that it is corrected to running specs.
    Enjoy!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by sfileccia; 02-28-2017 at 11:33 AM. Reason: add picture

Not a fan of the graphics, but it is an M41 afterall. LOVE the rest of it. What an awesome looking poker run scale boat!
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

love it!
    NEVER SATISFIED RACING
    Fine Design 32 V-Hull 4082+6s

Are those custom made stand offs? I'm working on a blackjack 26 setup with the same outboards and need to figure out a clean way to mount them.

Quote Originally Posted by forescott View Post
    Are those custom made stand offs? I'm working on a blackjack 26 setup with the same outboards and need to figure out a clean way to mount them.
    I tried one of these outboards on my blackjack 26.... It sucked. The hull is very tippy and handled like crap. Putting 2 on may be even worse. The hull is small and the tunnel is shallow. But yes, I made the standoffs for the traxxas hull exclusively. Sorry to report my bad luck with the BJ26...

Quote Originally Posted by sfileccia View Post
    I tried one of these outboards on my blackjack 26.... It sucked. The hull is very tippy and handled like crap. Putting 2 on may be even worse. The hull is small and the tunnel is shallow. But yes, I made the standoffs for the traxxas hull exclusively. Sorry to report my bad luck with the BJ26...
    No, I appreciate your input. I did a similar build with proboat outboards on a proboat thundercat. The handling was not so good either. Does the m41 handle ok? I may look for a different hull then. I just bought a bare blackjack 26 nitro hull and hatch but I can always use it for something else.

If you have any suggestions for a hull to match the motors I'm all ears. Im not opposed to a v-hull either. Just want something unique that looks semi-scale. Would be content with 30-40 mph as well.

Quote Originally Posted by forescott View Post
    No, I appreciate your input. I did a similar build with proboat outboards on a proboat thundercat. The handling was not so good either. Does the m41 handle ok? I may look for a different hull then. I just bought a bare blackjack 26 nitro hull and hatch but I can always use it for something else.
    No problem. I can honestly say I love the way it runs.
    Corners great too. To keep the balance correct I needed to put the batteries way way up front. Well worth it. Traxxas sells the hull and hatch in WHITE or colored.