Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mmeu 2017 supplement rules

Default Mmeu 2017 supplement rules

This will be applicable to the Michigan Cup also for those planning to attend.

It defines M spec, offshore, and 10th scale as none of those exist in IMPBA.

MMEU 2017 SUPPLEMENTAL RULES.pdf
    Noisy person

I like the 8 lap offshore rule.

Not that I have a horse in the race but, why 1700kv instead of 1800kv limit in 1/10th scale? That rules out the use of a Aquacraft 1800kv motor which was being used previously and people may still may have?

Just curious

Terry

Any word yet from TP on there change of the length of the 3630 Motor??

We know that it is the same motor, they just made the can longer.

Larry
    Past NAMBA- P Mono -1 Mile Race Record holder
    Past NAMBA- P Sport -1 Mile Race Record holder
    Bump & Grind Racing Props -We Like Em Smooth & Wet

Ball,
    The 1800kv motor was never approved for 1/10 scale. Only the blue 1700kv motor was approved. That is why we chose to stay within that kv limit

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Fleury View Post
    Ball,
    The 1800kv motor was never approved for 1/10 scale. Only the blue 1700kv motor was approved. That is why we chose to stay within that kv limit
    Yep, it relies on a degree of honesty too. We wont be out there KV testing to prove it's right. The class only exists on MMEU water so no worries I think. We'll see how it settles out but that Dynamite1500 is so good in scale I can't see anything working better. Great torque for what are typically boats with a lot of surface to free up.

Larry, I'm pretty sure they ask you now which can you want when you order the TP. Steve, might have the right ones on the shelf too. He knows the deal on them.

BTW, I wouldn't say there was any noticeable advantage to the TP over the Dynamites in Phoenix. That's not to say there wont or can't be. We just didn't find it yet. I know I was less concerned about prop choice over the old 2030 can when running the 1950 TP. Might be some more speed there with some prop work but haven't gotten there yet.
    Noisy person

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Fleury View Post
    Ball,
    Quote Originally Posted by T.S.Davis View Post
    Yep, it relies on a degree of honesty too. We wont be out there KV testing to prove it's right. The class only exists on MMEU water so no worries I think. We'll see how it settles out but that Dynamite1500 is so good in scale I can't see anything working better. Great torque for what are typically boats with a lot of surface to free up.

Larry, I'm pretty sure they ask you now which can you want when you order the TP. Steve, might have the right ones on the shelf too. He knows the deal on them.

BTW, I wouldn't say there was any noticeable advantage to the TP over the Dynamites in Phoenix. That's not to say there wont or can't be. We just didn't find it yet. I know I was less concerned about prop choice over the old 2030 can when running the 1950 TP. Might be some more speed there with some prop work but haven't gotten there yet.
    Ahhhh gotcha. I forgot about that.

Will there be any 1/8 scale legislation? Like motor, hull type, prop size. FE T- hydro worked well at the CanAm, of course that leaves the door open for just about anything. We all new it was for FE 1/8th scale.

open motors for scale Jay. Flier is done. Just getting the sanction right. Then I'll post it.
    Noisy person

Sorry. I stand corrected. No 1/8 scale for the cup.
    Noisy person

Quote Originally Posted by T.S.Davis View Post
    Sorry. I stand corrected. No 1/8 scale for the cup.

I think what should be done is offer both 1/8 Scale and T FE Scale and go with the class with more sign ups.

Nope. Done with it. Let it die off.
    Noisy person

Murderer!

So, Jay Moffat brought this to my attention, and I made a mistake. The 1/8 scale motor rules are subject to technical check. It is an MMEU race, and Terry is the CD so he can bend the rules accordingly. This is not a nationals, so the motors do not need to be checked.
    Last edited by Todd Fleury; 02-28-2017 at 01:47 PM.

Why not just call it S+T Sport hydro??

Larry

Sure would like to see the 1/8 scales at the cup race. Even if its just following the IMPBA motor rules. Why not put it out there and see if we get enough signed up.?? As said above if there are others with different setups run a T-Sport. I hate seeing this 1/8 scale just sitting in the garage and not being able to race it. The cup race was the only place that I could race it and now we're going to eliminate it. Can we talk about this?? What is the reason behind eliminating the class? Don't understand......

Too much controversy. Not having the debate any more.

There are 4 of these in the district that ever race. Only one is legal. None of those traveling are legal.
    Noisy person

There are three boats in the club that are legal. All the boats traveling for the cup are legal except for one.

None are registered but one and even if they were it is not possible to verify as there is no list of registered boats on planet earth. Compliance to all of the rules can not be verified under any circumstances. It is not possible.
    Noisy person

Then this issue should have been voted on by the club.

Excluding mine that leaves 1 voting member with a scale.

Talk to Tom and Kevin. Maybe they'll ask for count of guys that want to run scale.
    Noisy person

About the 62mm X 36mm rule
    Do these motors fit the rule?? ( the bearing sticks out 1.5mm out the front of the can, but the can is 36mm X62mm)

http://www.lehner-shop.com/Inrunner/.../1930::37.html
    Click on more images to see the*!**measurements.*!**

One of the guys in Florida is running one and blowing the rest of them away, and the rest of the guys in the club are quitting the stock classes because they refuse to spend $300.00 US on a stock class motor.

Maybe a $ limit is in order??
    Double price of a TP is $160.00 USD

Larry

Yep. Legal. Believe it when I see it.

Again, we will absolutely revisit this at the end of the season to assess exactly this type of thing. If something is killing everyone and not by a little we'll be looking closer.

Really tough to do a dollar limit but we may have no choice at some point. Maybe max MSRP from the source. No sale pricing. If a company really wanted to (say like Neu) they could release a motor just for these classes and set the MSRP as necessary. Then totally own the classes.

Larry, what clubs are running this spec in Florida? I thought they were all NAMBA down there.
    Noisy person

Lehner Basic XXL fits too. Little cheaper.

I just don't buy that these high zoot motors will provide enough advantage to justify investing in them. You still have to have a boat that travels and turns under 34" in length.

Guys have been putting V8's in Vegas for decades. Fun going straight.
    Noisy person

Quote Originally Posted by TRUCKPULL View Post
    About the 62mm X 36mm rule
    Do these motors fit the rule?? ( the bearing sticks out 1.5mm out the front of the can, but the can is 36mm X62mm)

http://www.lehner-shop.com/Inrunner/.../1930::37.html
    Click on more images to see the*!**measurements.*!**

One of the guys in Florida is running one and blowing the rest of them away, and the rest of the guys in the club are quitting the stock classes because they refuse to spend $300.00 US on a stock class motor.

Maybe a $ limit is in order??
    Double price of a TP is $160.00 USD

Larry
    Did you ACTUALLY measure the physical motor or are you assuming it's 62.000000 (or under). I would love to hear what measurement you get with a set of calipers.

Later,
    Ball

I would think the Lehner would be even less likely to screw around with their lengths. but it's possible. Pretty sure Todd has some in the mail somewhere and I know for sure that Kevin burned one up this past weekend. Wrong wind. I'll have him measure his.
    Noisy person

More curiosity than anything... I would hate to see someone pull the trigger on a quality motor and have it be .05mm over the limit. Although, I was looking at those motors too.

Yeah, Lehner motors are great motors but they require a different approach.

Kevin was using a TP in his Promarine kitty and just swapped in the Lehner of the same Kv. Same prop. Same everything. Ran 4 laps and baked it. With them being only 2 pole and the kv on the Lehner being rated under load it doesn't surprise me that it wouldn't be a direct swap. We would need either a bit lower kv Lehner or less prop and let it wind out. If you think back to the N2 Sport days (2008 maybe?), I was running a 5000kv Lehner with a tiny little prop.

I "think"..........it's still going to come down to the same thing it always does. The setup and can you drive that setup.

But like we've been saying. Let's put a season on it and see if we're headed the right direction........... or................NOT headed the right direction for that matter. It's going to require that we're all honest about the results we see.
    Noisy person

If you get it without the cooling fan it's way under the limit.
    Noisy person

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast