Thread: Mhz 2400 power house build

Cool Mhz 2400 power house build

OK, I'm going to jump a little in time. The large MHZ 2400 (94.5") has been completed a few months ago, but I can now post some pictures. The boat has not been tested on water yet, but its planned in a couple of weeks time. (I should get a video of that) It was a long process to get this done because of the size and a few things to consider along the way also. But she has finally been handed over to the new owner. We are hoping for some serious speeds, and for that reason everything had to be perfect and checked 100 times over.

Main Features of this boat:
    LMT 3080's
    MGM 400A Controllers
    Calculated to run 12s for sport, 14s for SAW
    Visit www.customcfparts.com | Custom Boat Building | Custom Carbon Fiber Parts | Custom Graphics | LMT Premium Dealer | MGM Premium Dealer | YouTube | Facebook
    "Follow someone's footsteps and you will always be a step behind"

Ok lets begin, as you can all imagine this is one helluva large girl! something you dont just bring home to mama, LOL well not in my car anyway. Anyhow, after looking over this hull and thinking about the layout and parts I soon realized that I had to do atleats a partial inlay in this as the carbon/kevlar did not suit one bit!!. I have to say, inlays are not something I do a lot of, and although it seems easy, its something scary if you are not used to doing it. But I somehow managed and worked my way through.

hull carbon kevlar.jpginlay 2.jpginlay1.jpg
    Visit www.customcfparts.com | Custom Boat Building | Custom Carbon Fiber Parts | Custom Graphics | LMT Premium Dealer | MGM Premium Dealer | YouTube | Facebook

For the drives I made templates to make sure I could mirror the exact position on both sides. I wanted this to be 100%

drives template.jpgdrives template 3.jpgtesting drives.jpg

Wow!!!

...and finally in

drives mounted3.jpg

A lot of time went into designing the parts, but the motor mounts was a bit of a pain. Because they were so big, I really wanted to make sure they cover the whole sponson area. I also want them to look a bit like the mounts I normally do. Besides that I had to make some really strong rear supports for the giant motors (not so giant looking in this hull)

motor mounts.jpgmotor mounts 3.jpgmotor mounts support 2.jpgmotor mounts support.jpg

Prior to the motors going in there was a bit of trial and error with the mounts, I did about 3 sets in acrylic before I was totally happy with the end result. Anyway, after it was all clued in she went off to the painters. I would hate to paint this, what a PITA LOL

testing motor mounts.jpg2246.jpg2247.jpg2255.jpg

All hardware installed after paint

drives mounted.jpgdrives.jpgWater intake.jpg

I guess now to the more interesting part. I presented a few concepts to the customer, both with paint and graphics, but in the end he wanted the green one, and carry the theme all around the boat. Again it took a few attempts with printing out the template and make sure it fitted nicely in the boat.

2066.jpg2105.jpg2171.jpg

After all the measurements worked, it was time to cut the real deal. The base mount itself that holds the ESC's was about 700mm long. The average CF sheet only 510mm, so again I had to work out a puzzle join to extend the base plate. I could go on all day about how many problems I ran into and had to recalculate, but I'll leave that part out LOL.

2301.jpg2302.jpg2315.jpg2317.jpg

Ok, so after a couple of days the adhesive set and I was ready for all the electronics. This was the stage that made me happy again, knowing that all the carbon part were in and everything fit. From here on was fairly easy.

2319.jpg2326.jpg

unbelievable. incredible work.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

ESC's and servo mounted, she could run at this stage.

2372.jpg2375.jpg

Build was finally coming to an end and the decal were applied. Another one of those things I had to do a couple of times LOL.

2385.jpg2387.jpg2389.jpg2402.jpg2404.jpg

Wow, I have no words, other than she should be called "Behemoth".

What a build...

Quote Originally Posted by Pheyd View Post
    Wow, I have no words, other than she should be called "Behemoth".

What a build...
    Holy S*** it's Big Foot LOL

Beautiful build.
    Tyler Garrard
    NAMBA 639/IMPBA 20525
    T-Hydro @ 142.94mph former WR

That is a work of art!

Thank you guys ��

I never thought I would see this!!! but here is the short maiden of the MHZ 240. I'm expecting some more footage later on. Thanks to my friends in Abu Dhabi. Speed is yet to be confirmed. But I hear she's running perfect and fast at this stage!!

https://youtu.be/ZHOMv-uqU18