Thread: Programming Swordfish 240 Amp HV 4-12S w logging by newbie (to Swordfish)

Question Programming Swordfish 240 Amp HV 4-12S w logging by newbie (to Swordfish)

My motor is a TP 4070 1650KV 5D - V2 - I will be running 6S in this boat which is a 38.5 inch Delta force DF45 MK II.
    At the present time the ESC is programmed as follows
    LVC - 6 cells LVC per cell - 3.2V Brake Type - No Timing - 6deg. (probably should be four?) Cutoff type - soft Start Type - Soft PWM - 8KHZ

On Start Type I had standard but went to soft to cut the amount of cavitation before the boat hooks up? Perhaps I went the wrong way?
    I have not tried this change yet. Also after reading in the forum it would seem that 6 deg. is too high on timing - five deg. is not
    offered so perhaps I should drop to four degrees? I do not plan to use the logging feature at this time.
    By the way what does PWM stand for?

Any suggestions pro or con with what i have so far would be appreciated. Thanks !!

PWM is pulse width modulation and relates to how many times the ESC reads or sends signal to motor(or triggers energy). It can be turned up with 2 pole motors (I believe)but I have not experimented yet. Just leave it at 8 and it will be easiest on the ESC. Higher makes the ESC work more which will result in more heat.

Timing is tied into all this too but in a simpler form, you can experiment with it and just watch temps but most just run 0 or low timing. Having the ability to go 1 degree at a time may have advantages with experimentation.

I haven't really played with the soft,medium,hard starts. Depending on the boat I'll just do the Medium or hard.

Shawn

Thank You Shawn - I appreciate your reply - you verified a couple of things for me - Good explanation on PWM !! Mike