Thread: Jae mini rigger, carbon, modified

Default Jae mini rigger, carbon, modified

SOLD

I just finished the transformation of this rigger and it came out great. When I bought the boat upon delivery, the drive line was completely damaged in shipping. Since I am not a fan of the ski concept and a fixed driveline, I changed over to a strut style. The strut is made out of carbon fiber and a piece brass tubing. I added aluminium angle to the inside and outside to support turn fin. I now have reskinned the center section with high quality carbon fiber. I cut away most of the wood from the original boat and just have the rear transome area and the front sides from the motor mount to the front still in place. The original outrunner motor setup ran very hot in a short time so I changed over to standard motor, adding water cooling. It has a Castle HV 60 speed controller. runs on 6s 1200 mah battery. I have a 6.6v 200 mah LiFe battery. It has a leopard 2860 1380kv. motor and a Spectrum mini receiver. The boat runs great now. on normal runs the motor and esc are at 95* and battery at 120* after a couple minutes. ask any questions. ASKING $175 shipped conus. I can ship any where at extra cost to buyer.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by fla350tt; 03-19-2017 at 10:03 AM.

make offers, need gone asap

price drop, make offers

what are dimensions and can you fit a larger battery and if not what kind of run times are you getting with an 1200mah 6s lipo? Also what speeds were you getting and are both batteries included so that it's all ready to go? What mode is the RX and there is no mention of a TX so I take it is not included? A friend is thinking of getting his first rigger and wants to know what else he needs if he gets this. So sorry for all the questions but I was told to ask. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Bp9145 View Post
    what are dimensions and can you fit a larger battery and if not what kind of run times are you getting with an 1200mah 6s lipo? Also what speeds were you getting and are both batteries included so that it's all ready to go? What mode is the RX and there is no mention of a TX so I take it is not included? A friend is thinking of getting his first rigger and wants to know what else he needs if he gets this. So sorry for all the questions but I was told to ask. LOL
    will have to measure it when I get home tonight.
    that is the largest battery that will fit.
    I only run it a 2-3 minutes at a time.
    speeds? i would have to gps it
    comes with both batteries.
    Spectrum receiver. I do have a transmitter i could sell with it. and charger if needed, that would make it ready to run 100%

I will try to get video and gps as soon as weather gets better.
    Last edited by fla350tt; 03-03-2017 at 05:05 PM.

max width 13.5"
    max length 20"

center section is 2 3/8" wide and 16" long

Default Videos

This first one is with GPS. The boat is a little out of balance because of the gps unit and it starts to porpoise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaOPyvXS5Ng

I am a little surprised by the max speed. 37 mph !!!

This is with out the gps unit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9o0M2HTai8

here is gps track

https://www.strava.com/activities/897412873/analysis

Hull and hardware price?
    Tommy Levescy sponsored by: RCJuice.com, Rawspeed, Scorpion Precision Performance, TC Racing, Triton RC, Oxidean Marine and Cencal Hobbies.
    Current Namba 1mile record holder: Pltd sport hydro 1:19:72 P-sport hydro 1:14:31

Quote Originally Posted by Namba328 View Post
    Hull and hardware price?
    How does $95 shipped sound

Bp9145 is having trouble posting get so he sent me an email. He made me an offer of $150 and I accept that offer.

I had been working with bp9145, he had not been able to post any reply to any thread. I got him fixed and i am aware of his email and allow this exception of the rules due to the recent forum/google issues.

Thanks for understanding
    "A quick temper will make a fool of you soon enough."
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Bruce Lee. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

It just sucks I didn't get a chance to reply back but its fine. I'll find or build one.....
    Tommy Levescy sponsored by: RCJuice.com, Rawspeed, Scorpion Precision Performance, TC Racing, Triton RC, Oxidean Marine and Cencal Hobbies.
    Current Namba 1mile record holder: Pltd sport hydro 1:19:72 P-sport hydro 1:14:31

Chris, I received the rigger today and it is awesome, very nicely built. . .can't wait to run it on my next weekend. Also, thank you so very much for the several bag full extras. . . the large new roll of hatch tape, several feet of nice water tubing, cables and bullet connectors, the prop balancer, several prop nuts and drive dogs, 3 collets- aero marine and the aluminium 4814 cnc R & L, 2050 sharpened/balanced, 2250 raw props as well as the 3 smaller ones for the rigger. .seven in all ! ! ! I know there's more . . I hit the JACKPOT ! ! . .Just like my last purchase from you. . .you're something else! ! I just want all the members to know what a great guy you are.
    Thank you very much,
    -Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Bp9145 View Post
    Chris, I received the rigger today and it is awesome, very nicely built. . .can't wait to run it on my next weekend. Also, thank you so very much for the several bag full extras. . . the large new roll of hatch tape, several feet of nice water tubing, cables and bullet connectors, the prop balancer, several prop nuts and drive dogs, 3 collets- aero marine and the aluminium 4814 cnc R & L, 2050 sharpened/balanced, 2250 raw props as well as the 3 smaller ones for the rigger. .seven in all ! ! ! I know there's more . . I hit the JACKPOT ! ! . .Just like my last purchase from you. . .you're something else! ! I just want all the members to know what a great guy you are.
    Thank you very much,
    -Brian
    Your welcome, stuffing tube is gresed up too. hope you enjoy it.

How did you get this in carbon?
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was