Thread: Voracity... Over All Length??? Break-away rudder.

Default Voracity... Over All Length??? Break-away rudder.

Can someone please go measure the "Over all length" of their Voracity? Its advertised as 36", but I do believe that is just the length of the hull. What is the length from the tip of the bow to the back edge of the rudder?

The Zelos 36 has a hull length of 36 1/2"...another 3" for the hardware.

Also, Do the newest Voracity's have a break -away rudder? If so, who is selling the ones with the break-away rudder...Horizon?

Thanks in advance for the help. Joe

i seen one with break away rudder recently ,kids selling a used one .its the only one i seen with a break away .said he bought it last November .if your buying new just ask if it has a break away .that's the one you want .it has the new revised hull supposedly

The hull measures 36 3/8" and the new rudder design is 4 1/8". The old rudder was 4 1/16" with a slightly different pivot point.

Thanks a bunch guys!

I have the Voracity and I'd like to know about the breakaway rudder as well.
    I purchased 2 parts last summer that I haven't installed and I need some advice on whether I should still install or get something else.

I bought this breakaway rudder https://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pr...prod=ose-80050

and I got these trim tabs https://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pr...d=ros-spdt-502

I'm new to rc boats and had the Voracity stock all last summer. Would it be smart to install these 2 or have they designed better parts I should be using?
    I believe I would have to drill the hull to install both parts which isn't a huge deal, I just want to make sure these are still quality upgrades..

Also, do I need a different screw for that rudder to have the "break-away" feature, or is it already setup with it? Thanks.

Any advice on the above question?

I basically have a stock Voracity and want to start modding it since I ran last summer stock. I wanted some advice on the 2 parts I bought (trim tabs and rudder).
    I heard that ProBoat makes a new style of rudder and I'm wondering if what I bought (the link above) is better than the updated one they're selling now.

I understand I would need to glue any holes (I bought some liquid nails for this), but is there a better product I should use to fill in the holes? Thanks.