Thread: How is TP on there warrenty

Default How is TP on there warrenty

Hi we run our stuff hard that's why I bought a tp motor well snap crackle and pop is the company any help thanks Chris

Chris,
    They have been pretty good to work with. I can forward you contact info if interested. Did you already try reaching out to them? What went wrong?

TG
    Tyler Garrard
    NAMBA 639/IMPBA 20525
    T-Hydro @ 142.94mph former WR

Quote Originally Posted by RaceMechaniX View Post
    Chris,
    They have been pretty good to work with. I can forward you contact info if interested. Did you already try reaching out to them? What went wrong?

TG
    I did,,, but found it odd that was asked to send them a pic of the motor & was told they would get back to be that was only yesterday but I appreciate your contact info regardless Tyler !!!thank you Chris

They probably have a big backlog of comunications to catch up with as most companies will have been on shutdown for a week or 2, for the recent Chinese new year holiday.
    Paul Upton-Taylor, Greased Weasel Racing.

Chris,

Call me if need be..
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

thanks guys look like they are going to replace it for me very easy and nice to deal with thanks again Fellows !!!

What happened?
    Nortavlag Bulc

Good to know they took care of it no problem, what were you running out of curiosity?

It is in a arrma typhon buggy I have not taken it apart yet but according to my GS it poped and he heard it sizzling you can smell its burnt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My 5860 motor burnt a wind and they asked me to ship it to NY so they could forward it to the factory in China. I wonder how long this is going to take to get my motor back.

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by MarkF View Post
    My 5860 motor burnt a wind and they asked me to ship it to NY so they could forward it to the factory in China. I wonder how long this is going to take to get my motor back.

Mark
    From my experience when ordering a special wind from them you should get it back around June, LOL.

I ordered two motors about a month ago. Received one. Emailed them the issue, got an apology and a out of stock notice after the woman on the phone clearly stated them as in stock. They said I should receive the other motor min feb. Will keep you posted.

I've got 3 tp 5860's, 840,880,970kv puffed couple of batteries, smoked 2 cc xl2's, motors have been fine, they have had a lot of "stick" only grief about tp is I sent an email asking about tp5870, never got a reply so I bought a lehner 3080, that's going in a 1/6th car, glad they didn't reply

I know its not warrantee related but have an update... After 3 more emails I have contact. The 4050 cans where out of stock and are now available. Should have my other motor in a week or two.

Mark
    how did you burn a wind?

By trying to many different props. Some of the props got the motor hot and some didn't But i think i got it hot one to many times. Will be sticking with the props I like now and no more experimenting.
    My 5870 has been great and handles everything I throw at it.

Mark

I have a question...when does a person screwing around with different setups etc and pushing for things hard, cease to become a warranty issue and should just be sacked up as part of the chances you take when doing so?

Quote Originally Posted by Doby View Post
    I have a question...when does a person screwing around with different setups etc and pushing for things hard, cease to become a warranty issue and should just be sacked up as part of the chances you take when doing so?
    When you do what I did to 4070. User error is not for warranty. I never bothered with warranty for anything unless it smokes on a test bench with no load. Some guys have had a Neu pop first try on bench and that's warranty.
    Nortavlag Bulc

When screwing around gets the motor very hot. Which I did. I don't know for sure it was my fault, but am waiting to hear from TP after they get the motor.

Mark

When screwing around gets the motor very hot. Which I did. I don't know for sure it was my fault, but am waiting to hear from TP after they get the motor.

Mark
    me 2 Mark but I feel like it;'s going to take a long time !!

Ok so.... Received my other motor yesterday. Its the right size and kv but the wrong can. Im already uncomfortable with running two motors with different mfg dates (anal) and then I get a one piece can vs a multi piece can. The color is slightly different and looks, well you know. Waiting to hear back from them on a sollution to this.

By trying to many different props. Some of the props got the motor hot and some didn't But i think i got it hot one to many times. Will be sticking with the props I like now and no more experimenting.
    My 5870 has been great and handles everything I throw at it.

Mark
    So you would warranty your batteries if I did the same?
    I try and avoid paste eaters.

No. Why would you say that?

Mark

I think what Jeff is getting at is if a motor Mfr is sent back a motor that has been abused by the owner and they are expected to cover it...why not cover abused Lipos as well?

I never said I expect them to cover it. I have been getting my Neu 1527 1D hot for 10 years. I told them what I did and I'm waiting to hear back.

Mark

Thanks Doby, I know what Jeff was getting at.
    Let me explain this a little better so some of you guys can learn. If you get your motor too hot, the first thing to go should be the rotor. It can throw the magnets or demagnetize them. A winding should not burn. But a winding can burn, if there is a nick in the wire from winding the motor at the factory or if they use cheap wire. So in a motor of this size, 5860, there is a lot of copper in the stator, and I would not expect the windings to ever burn, or in my case, a single winding got dark and the other 2 didn't. I have grenaded many Neu rotors running in saw events. But I never burnt a winding. I know some have and I will say that's probably because that motors winding had a nic in it from the factory. Sometimes these nics go unnoticed if your setup isn't running too hot. I was trying different props for an oval boat and kept my runs short. In saw racing that is different story and there I do push motors way past what they were meant to do and would never suggest the factory is at fault. I have been doing this for over 25 years. Believe me when I say, I know how to abuse a motor. And how not.:)

Mark

After allll this fun with TP I have two matching motors. But. One of the jackets does not fit.IMG_0511.jpg every time I try to fit it it just cuts the rings IMG_0513.jpg I tried heating the jacket and using liquid dish soap. The other works perfectly.