Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Naviga FE world championships

Default Naviga FE world championships

Hi all, The biennial Naviga M section (FE) world championships are to be held in Nagykanizsa, Hungary this year from the 18th to the 27th of August, the last one I went to had attendees from 27 countries around the globe and a very good time was had by all. I hope to meet some of you there.

Here is the English language invitation for anyone who may be interested in attending.

And links 2 and 3 on this page are the English and German bilingual rules, and latest addendum to the rules.

This youtube playlist shows many of the classes you can expect to see running there.
    Paul Upton-Taylor, Greased Weasel Racing.

Hi All,

the entry formular is already active...

http://navigawc2017.com/index.php/en/entry

BR

Peter Kovac- Slovakia

I know NAMBA used to be affiliated to Naviga and Americans have attended before, but I am not sure whether they still are so if you are interested speak to the Naviga M section president Walter Geens at walter.geens@telenet.be or +32473923755, he is Belgian and is fluent in English so communicating will be no problem.

Hi,

Here is our poster to FE Naviga 2017.

Cheers
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I like the dolphins

Hi.
    Erik from Norway here. Any news on rule changes with respect to battery rules in Naviga racing? Capacity limiters etc?

Best,
    Erik

there is a meeting with all the countries representatives and the committee during the world champs, hopefully there will be news of a change shortly afterwards. The rules for this world champs were set 2 years ago at the meeting during the last one so any changes made will not effect this race.

Thanks for the reply. Any rumors regarding preferred alternatives? It seems the current rules are killing the sport with limited availability and high cost. I am also wondering if readily available (heavier) cells become more competitive, what implications will this have for hulls...

Best,
    Erik

I think it is very likely that electronic energy limiters will be legalised. Since I last spoke on the matter 2 different manufacturers have gone into production with limiters suitable for Naviga racing, people including world champions have been successfully testing them, they are legal to use in several countries already, and it is the preferred alternative of the Naviga M section Chairman.

Very interesting. Which M2 hulls are sailing up as the most competitive these days? The vertigo? The q-essenz (this one looks interesting at 840mm length)?

The vertigo is really good in most conditions, the Essenz is great in the calm but and good but not as good in the rough and more challenging to setup, Speedman is good in most conditions, the Exega is still unbeatable in calm water but bad in rough water, I have only seen one Q-essenz so far, in Germany this time last year shortly after it was released and it wasn't there yet, there aren't any competing in my club and I have not been to an international since, so it is too early for me to say. There is also usually a bunch of small volume or homemade boats I've never seen before at, all levels of performance at the big international races.

Thanks, Paul. Will the current M2s and the H2s in your opinion handle heavier batteries or will these batteries make it hard to maintain optimal cg?

I haven't heard of any of the testers having issues with CoG, and in monos it often doesnt add as much boat weight as you might think, as with the heavier battery you can lose flood chamber weight if you have it.

Any news apart from the limiters being voted in?
    Any new interesting designs? Which hulls perform best this year?

Best,
    Erik

Hi all,

The limiters are voted, so we can use it from 01.01.2018. but first parallel with 280 + 5 g cells (the 2S or 3S now with 30 mm cable)

There are now a czech and english product to choose.

Intersting design ? e.g. my new FSR-E boat (running time is 15 min)

Short video from first test race here:
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5zpv_EscWo

I like the dolphins

Quote Originally Posted by PiroSteel View Post
    Hi all,

The limiters are voted, so we can use it from 01.01.2018. but first parallel with 280 + 5 g cells (the 2S or 3S now with 30 mm cable)

There are now a czech and english product to choose.

Intersting design ? e.g. my new FSR-E boat (running time is 15 min)

Short video from first test race here:
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5zpv_EscWo

Very nice, thank you for sharing. What does a Hull and hardware cost for a boat like this or do you build them yourself like us in the West?

It would be nice to build one like this and see this racing come over the pond.
    Nortavlag Bulc

Hi Ray,

This 27,5" Sundance is a very new custom project from Toys'Port

www.toys-port.com

You can order it from me only the hull or assembled with all hardwares.

I have the plan to make from this (with new under part of hull) also a P-Mono for LTD.

Cheers
    Joseph Toth
    I like the dolphins

Naviga Mono-2 is semilar to NAMBA P-Mono Unlimited but running time is 6 min.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEl_...ature=youtu.be
    I like the dolphins

Thanks for the video Joseph, 1:50 Bart is a beast.

What was Randolph running, Essenze or Qessenze? I didnt notice a particularly big boat out there, but it is hard to tell in video.

Mono2 is about 1Kw average power, I see it as closer to a P-ltd offshore on 1p.

Hi Paul,

I know only the under part of Qessenze is from Tomcat (after flying crash could be he still the second)

I know yet I will go to test the english limiter.

Cheers
    Joseph
    I like the dolphins

Quote Originally Posted by NativePaul View Post
    I know NAMBA used to be affiliated to Naviga and Americans have attended before, but I am not sure whether they still are so if you are interested speak to the Naviga M section president Walter Geens at walter.geens@telenet.be or +32473923755, he is Belgian and is fluent in English so communicating will be no problem.
    It would be tough for NAMBA or IMPBA guys.

Our P mono boats run about 2 minutes, don't self right, have no steps. Offshore boats can have steps but carry 10000mah and don't self right. We also have no battery weight limits here. We would have to build something legal and competitive.

So..... travel half a planet away with boats we've never raced in classes we've never seen on courses we've not driven against the best in the world. All doable I suppose but tough spot.

......I'm just a ray of sunshine aren't I?
    Noisy person

For sure I know it would be a challenging exercise, but I believe there are those amongst you that are up for the challenge. 2 Americans have PMed me about my posts on previous events, and asked me to post future events that they may attend. The last time Americans attended the challenge was even greater as you had already allowed brushless and we were still brushed.

The differences are much smaller with the Limited classes when I asked about Pltd currents I got answers between 75 and 120A, which are within the realms of our full throttle currents, with either some throttle control or a prop you should be able to get 6 mins on 7000mAh.

Your not allowing steps or self righting does make it more of a challenge for Monos, but I know that there are some of you that are fans of self righting and have disabled their self righting to race legally. Whether any of them run stepped offshore hulls or not I have no idea.

Things are much more similar for riggers though, as far as I know the only difference is the decals and a race number. I ran the JAEs for years and they were decent rough water boats, I think that a lighter Pltd rigger like a Raptor could do very well in normal conditions. Most Naviga riggers don't self right.
    riggers.JPG

Someday. Not because I think I can handle it but just to do it. It would be a very cool excuse to travel. Maybe I'll just stuff my kid in a box and ship him there.
    Noisy person

I'm going to make it one of these years. Once the house is done and the daughter is in high school.

I really need to build an endurance optimized Raptor just for testing. Is it still 5 minutes for hydro?

Any links for the limiters?
    Brian "Snowman" Buaas
    Team Castle Creations
    NAMBA FE Chairman

It is 6 mins for all surface drive classes now Brian
    This is the Limiter that took a gamble on the rules allowing them and is available now there is another one that has had prototypes being tested for as long as the E-lim, but they were holding off production untill the rules allowed them, so should be availabe fairly soon.

I'm going to order one of the MLM eLim units. Contact Martin?

I already have some hull mods in mind to optimize for the power/endurance. I needed a new challenge.

Besides, I haven't been to a WC since the '98 F5 event in Germany. Any idea where the next worlds will be held?

Maybe I can con Tyler into joining me.
    Brian "Snowman" Buaas
    Team Castle Creations
    NAMBA FE Chairman

Quote Originally Posted by raptor347 View Post

I needed a new challenge.
    Wow, that's what we need and a selfi holder

Any idea where the next worlds will be held?
    It's still top secret

I like the dolphins

No clues yet other than it will be held in summer 2019 as they are held every other year, we normally get conformation of the location about a year in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by PiroSteel View Post
    Wow, that's what we need and a selfi holder
    Selfi holder?
    Brian "Snowman" Buaas
    Team Castle Creations
    NAMBA FE Chairman

Selfi holder?
    723060.jpg
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast