Thread: Oxyidation found on servo plug ?

Default Oxyidation found on servo plug ?

Hi all looking over my air boat noticed greenish oxyidation on the servo plug scraped of as much as i could with a #11 blade. Should i apply something like contact cleaner or corrosion X with a q tip ? My concern here is that what ever is applied does'nt damage the plastic on the servo plug or the circuit board of the reciever. Regards Andris Golts.

Try corrosion X, I use it on all electrical connections and it does not affect the plastic.
    NEVER SATISFIED RACING
    Fine Design 32 V-Hull 4082+6s

Dielectric grease or corrosion X
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

You could also carefully remove the connectors from the plastic housing and possibly give them a light sanding to remove the oxidation? Take an exacto blade and lightly bend the plastic retainer up and the wire will come out of the connector.
    NEVER SATISFIED RACING
    Fine Design 32 V-Hull 4082+6s

Yep. CLean them out or replace them. I use Corrosion block on all my stuff. I switched to Deans Micro plugs for power to RX. I am the only one I know of that does this. The gold Deans uses is far superior gold plating to any Futaba servo lead or the like. I've never had one corrode yet.
    Down side, if you have some problem at a race you are stick because you can't borrow things like this from others using standard equipment.
    Nortavlag Bulc