Thread: 40 amp esc recommendation?

Default 40 amp esc recommendation?

I have a new toys-port Zorro on it's way from Hungary, they recommend a 40amp esc. Where do I find a 40amp esc and what brand would you recommend. Thanks, Allen

Castle creations phoenix ice 50 are on clearance sale at the moment and are probably the best mini class ESC, waterproof, strip the heat sink off or get the lite version to save space and weight, if you are running a setup recommended by Joseph it won't need water cooling.
    Paul Upton-Taylor, Greased Weasel Racing.

Even though they recommend a 40amp unit; there's no harm in going higher. Extra overhead is never a bad thing with boats. I'm upgrading to 80A & 120A units in my trucks too.

I've had my eye this guy for awhile - it's less than Seaking (& Turnigy) 60's sell for. http://www.ebay.com/itm/RC-Model-SEA...item5b22a129e9

It's an OEM; saw one in a boat recently. Think it was a Dynamite, water block was different (better) otherwise same unit. Seaking's are tough to beat at this price point. Only brand I run, no complaints. And the program box/card also works with their car/truck ESC's.

Haven't been doing boats for going on 2-years due to the drought (west coast); but we're getting major league snow this year. That means the lakes are gonna fill up in a couple/three months(spring thaw), so been burnin the midnight oil gettin a couple pocket rockets ready.

FYI: I've done biz with RC Echo in the past both eBay & direct off their site, get my stuff in 6~7days. Have a Leo outrunner (disco'ed everywhere else) on the way for my MiniMono as this is being written.

Hope that helps!
    Happy Boating

Quote Originally Posted by kacordy View Post
    I have a new toys-port Zorro on it's way from Hungary, they recommend a 40amp esc. Where do I find a 40amp esc and what brand would you recommend. Thanks, Allen

Quote Originally Posted by NativePaul View Post
    Castle creations phoenix ice 50 are on clearance sale at the moment and are probably the best mini class ESC, waterproof, strip the heat sink off or get the lite version to save space and weight, if you are running a setup recommended by Joseph it won't need water cooling.
    Paul, can I use a wheel radio with the Ice 50, or stick only. Thanks, Allen

What radio do you have? From what I have heard on here you can with lots of Spektrums and Futabas, but I use sticks as do most people here, so I have no personal experience with that. If you post your radio make and model someone that has your radio and has tried using a Phoenix will probably chime in telling you whether it worked or not, and run a search on your radio, if you get no results those ways start a thread asking.
    Paul Upton-Taylor, Greased Weasel Racing.

Paul, I have the Futaba 4pks. Thank you for the information. Allen