Thread: Has anyone noticed this?

Default Has anyone noticed this?

Look how oddly similar these two escs are. Ose raider on the left. V2 seaking 180 on the right. Just sayin.

32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Also very similar to the Dynamite DYNM3880.

Quote Originally Posted by golfito View Post
    Also very similar to the Dynamite DYNM3880.

The dynamite 120 is essentially a seaking 120 with an added thermal protection. So it's a little smaller.
    Now the dynamite 160 hv that comes in the 48" zelos is very similar to a seaking 180 v2

Here's a v2 seaking 180 vs a dynamite 160. I made a cooling block for the seaking but it still illustrates the similarities between the two

32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

I really don't see similarities, other than basic functionality and connectivity, with the seaking products. Now the Raider and FlyColor, not really even a question there. I bought the Raider for my DF26 build and the FlyColor for a beater Spartan. I have not run either, but expect similar performance from both ESC's.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

I agree with fweasel. There aren't many similarities. I'm also sure that the Dynamites have been proven to be Seakings.

The Raider has the tubes the right way round.
    Nortavlag Bulc

Quote Originally Posted by boredom.is.me View Post
    I agree with fweasel. There aren't many similarities. I'm also sure that the Dynamites have been proven to be Seakings.
    Well in the pics above it doesn't show it, I need to take pics of it side by side with an unmodified seaking so you can see. Trust me, it's the same. Measurements of certain things are the same, but the much larger case and cooling block on the dynamite will fool you. It's basically a 8s capable seaking 180 derated to 160 amps (I'm guessing in 8s, would it be 180 on 6s?)

Maybe you could try the new Raider program box on a seaking and see if they are the same down to firmware.
    Nortavlag Bulc

Quote Originally Posted by boredom.is.me View Post
    I'm also sure that the Dynamites have been proven to be Seakings.
    EDIT: Sorry, I think you are right. Forgot that "Seakings" are what Hobbywing calls their Marine ESCs... Yes, the Dynamite ESCs are based on the Hobbywing marine series.
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

Quote Originally Posted by ray schrauwen View Post
    Maybe you could try the new Raider program box on a seaking and see if they are the same down to firmware.
    I tried that, it didn't work.
    NZMPBA 2013, 2016 Open Electric Champion. NZMPBA 2016 P Offshore Champion.
    2016 SUHA Q Sport Hydro Hi Points Champion.
    BOPMPBC Open Mono, Open Electric Champion.

Quote Originally Posted by fweasel View Post
    I really don't see similarities, other than basic functionality and connectivity, with the seaking products. Now the Raider and FlyColor, not really even a question there. I bought the Raider for my DF26 build and the FlyColor for a beater Spartan. I have not run either, but expect similar performance from both ESC's.
    Not sure how your not seeing it......

My theory is the boards are from the same manufacturer and they made a few changes like where the receiver wires exit and maybe different fets and I'm certain the firmware is different but I do think you can use a seaking program card on the dynamite esc. I know on the 120's you can. My whole point is everyone loves the old seaking v2 and I think the ose raider is the same thing in a better wrapper. It's completely waterproof and is lower profile and the water fittings are placed better in my opinion. It drives and acts exactly the same too and seems like it's just as tough.

Quote Originally Posted by golfito View Post

Holy crap cakes! Did you see the price?

Quote Originally Posted by kfxguy View Post
    Not sure how your not seeing it......
    My comment was on your initial comparison of a Raider to a V2 seaking. I had always been under the impression that the Dynamites were reworked Seakings
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Raider is a different animal than the Seaking. So far so good.
    Noisy person

Yes it's different. Just as the Turnigy Plush Series of esc's seems like a hobbywing rebadged since they work fine on pistol radios. All you need to do it water cool it and water proof it. They only sell esc's up to 100 amps but that's good for many boats in the sporting class.

I have a PLush 30amp esc here that will go into a small boat. The 100amp unit for $44 is good for spec classes. The base board and design could come from the same basic factory but each one with certain custom options.

If I had a Raider I'd try the plush program card on it.
    Nortavlag Bulc

The Raider box costs next to nothing so I just got one with the Raider. Racing one next weekend. We'll see how it goes.
    Noisy person

wELL, OF COURSE. Oops. I was just saying if I had a esc here I'd try the box just to see if it works but, yes the programmer is peanuts.

I'm going to try it on a hobbywing or SF120. I don't think it will work.

Looking forward to hearing your results. If anyone can toast an esc it's you and me, lol...
    Nortavlag Bulc

bahaha It's a gift Ray.

Tom ran a few of them over the summer. Pushed them pretty hard too. P Sport. P mono. They ran well. He did have one that would drop power if it got even remotely warm. Didn't seem to matter which setup. Even in a limited it would get to the magic temp and drop down. Cool off. Come back to life. Get warm and fade out again. We never figured that one out.

I think he baked one in a Q boat but it was one of those "what died first?" moments. The batteries went to crap. We couldn't tell for sure if the esc went or the batteries. One took the other?
    Noisy person

Nice. That's why it's good to buy from Steve if there are issues. I'll try one eventually but I have more than enough esc's for now.

Good luck! Have fun!
    Nortavlag Bulc

Well it's good to know there's a viable alternative to the seaking for a bit less cash....housed in a better package to boot.

: Thumbup1:
    Yes!
    More with the problems they showed about new seaking in other post.

Default Raider 150amp

Working On my Bandit 7.5 cc Conversion
    4074 Leopard
    Raider 150amp

Glad to see the Raider using Switch type BEC as I will be Running 6s battery.
    Slightly Considering Using External BEC to take some of the load from ESC

I have an external bec on my raider 150 as do all my T-180's just like to take a little stress off the esc