Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: HPR 115(Average White Boat)

Ohhh!!! I’ve only got it set to 105% I have more tuning to do yet.
    I just couldn’t bring myself to go for MGM after the NEW LMT rebuild fiasco

Just read through it all, nice build... might have some questions for you, just trying to finish my hpr115 I started building about 7/8 years ago...
    Hpr 06 / 09 / 150 /185, Mhz Skater H45 hydro.
    Uk SAW record holder

Quote Originally Posted by vvviivvv View Post
    Just read through it all, nice build... might have some questions for you, just trying to finish my hpr115 I started building about 7/8 years ago...
    Glad to help where I can

Any updates to this, i have the 2250/7's for mine but still waiting for the esc's all these months later... (not the end of the world got sidetracked with other things)

What did it run on 6s?

from what i remember on mine it ran very briefly on x447's but kept cutting out when i went over 50% throttle, stuck it back on the shelve and here we are another good few months later... shame as i puckered up for a set of SLS lipo's which are probably garbage again now after this time

Also have to fix an annoying leak from the upper strut 4 holes on the stbd side..
    Uk SAW record holder

Yeah I have been sidetracked as well but I did get it running smoothly. Had to set escs to full go. I am hoping to get it back out when it warms up. I ran some V series b props with a surprising good result. Going to try some smaller ones tho. And get the logging equipment back into her. So stay tuned and I get it turned up a bit yet.

Wen this got bumped, I reread the entire thread last night! Needed motivation to keep going on my projects.

What did you run 2250/7 6s ?

How where temps / run times / all okay with the ESC?

how was it? would this make a good 'sport setup'

I'm actually considering paying someone to complete it / set it up, dont want to fry an ESC etc..
    Uk SAW record holder

Quote Originally Posted by vvviivvv View Post
    What did you run 2250/7 6s ?

How where temps / run times / all okay with the ESC?

how was it? would this make a good 'sport setup'

I'm actually considering paying someone to complete it / set it up, dont want to fry an ESC etc..
    Yes this is a good sport setup. I easily see 80+ in it on 6s. Temps all good and runtime seemed fair. They are just an odd boat to get used to running. You have to Drive it more so than my ‘ride pad’ boats.

Now this being said once you get used to it it handles rough water awesome.

I'm going to crack out the big boat on the big lake so any issues once it's setup for its first few runs i can retrieve it quick..

Out of curiosity, do you think the hull would fit inside a box with these internal dimensions ? could remove / stick hatch in upside down...
    Don't have mine to hand to measure...
    54.58" x 15.58" x 8.63"

Spent the last hour looking online for the dimensions but not much MHZ has the 114 mystic down as 4" high?

So maybe with rudder blade removed i'd get away with the above case?

thanks, Liam
    Uk SAW record holder

Liam, you shouldn’t have any issue with that box for packing it. Take the blade off always when shipping. Pool noodle the sponson tips. And use more noodle at rear. If boat is snug in box with noodle(or square cut to fit foam) it will be safe.

And your comment about the big boat, I don’t think I have even flipped my HPR yet.

It’s a pelican case (1770) I’ll use it for transport and storage, plenty of foam options...

My boat will be off to Germany hopefully early feb so hopefully I’ll have it for summer
    Uk SAW record holder

Don't bother protecting the sponson tips. If they hit something, you did it wrong and they will poke through the padding anyways. Stop the hull from shifting at all. Block the deck between the sponson tips against the end of your box. Better load distribution and no sharp points to be damaged.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567