Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: HPR 115(Average White Boat)

gotcha, i wonder where I can get a similar hatch for my hpr99. Where'd you get yours from? hpr?

i always thought HPR made his hatches with places of the hatch without much carbon. or so i thought.

My HPR bulletproof hatch is a consistent layup across the entire surface and is not GPS friendly. I've been meaning to order a fiberglass back-up so that it can be sent to the painter at the same time the entire boat gets painted. I have seen some with gaps in the carbon around the hatch bubble. I suppose with careful sanding, you could remove the offending material in just the area you wanted.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Quote Originally Posted by dmitry100 View Post
    gotcha, i wonder where I can get a similar hatch for my hpr99. Where'd you get yours from? hpr?

i always thought HPR made his hatches with places of the hatch without much carbon. or so i thought.
    My Kevlar came direct from Hanspeter Dmitry.
    Hey, did you want that rudder or have you moved on?

Ok well it’s been awhile but I did take this out twice so far recently. The first was with other fellas and was a bit rough for any decent consensus, it was brief. Next was a few days back when I added some lead to get my CG back a bit to see if I could get it handling any better.consensus this time is... I’m just trying to drive too slow! The lead shifted within the hull so I brought it in and took it out then dropped it back in. So if you just nail it and get it on plane it’s not bad. Problem was it’s real touchy on my inputs and there are too many marker buoys on the lake I was running.

So I am off to open water tomorrow with my rudder travel and expo set up the way ‘I think’ it should be. Wish me luck, camera is charged.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by fweasel View Post
    Good luck!
    Well... not such a spectacular day. How come everything that comes apart in a boat has a bad smell? I disintegrated a flex shaft! Bad!! Got vid and pics. I’ll get them together later.
    Damn growing pains!! Lol

At least the rest of the shaft, stub, and Andy Brown prop that took me 9 months to get stayed on the boat.

Broke a flex and didn't loose the prop... That's a successful day in my book. Bright side, right?

It happens to fast boats! Good thing, didn’t go thru the bottom and you have your prop.

Quote Originally Posted by CraigP View Post
    It happens to fast boats! Good thing, didn’t go thru the bottom and you have your prop.
    I was watching intently as the boat came in. THAT prop gone would’ve PO’d me. But believe me I know things happen quick when you run fast.

Well, here’s the vid

Teething problems.... the boat looks good I'm the water though, and like the other members said, lucky you still have the prop.

Just seen it sweet ride, sounds awesome, hope it's not too bad

Quote Originally Posted by Bradb74 View Post
    Teething problems.... the boat looks good I'm the water though, and like the other members said, lucky you still have the prop.
    Yup, these are the things that endear them to us over time, hahaha.
    I’m just hoping I can find matching tubes, thinking MHZ maybe.

Beautiful boat ! Nice work on the build! These boats are so nice makes my rtr’s look like cheap toys lol

Quote Originally Posted by REDLINE1 View Post
    Beautiful boat ! Nice work on the build! These boats are so nice makes my rtr’s look like cheap toys lol
    Sorry I haven’t been back in here in a bit Redline, Hey, we all started with RTR’s at some time and now som3 of those ROCK.

Sounds great!!

So I got out on Saturday with my reworked stuffing tube, new little Orings between stinger and hull and new cables installed into the prop shafts. I also turned down the travel in the rudder to 30% and it’s going down some more. So here is the vid. https://youtu.be/t10u7aSM9fY

I’m going Down to 6s on this for a bit until I get used to driving it and get the bugs out. I don’t think the ESC’s are syncing up right. Going to start with one of Craig’s single/twin isolators first. Also had a bearing come loose again so there must be a balance thing going on. Could be the set of beater props that I ran.

Quote Originally Posted by Prodrvr View Post
    Sounds great!!
    Still have issues, but then, LMT’s and this hull are new to me.

Default HPR 115(Average White Boat)

I’m still kind of scared crapless driving my HPR99

Last time I ran it ... it had a blow over as I was releasing the throttle — it skipped on the water and took a complete L turn (not sure how) with About 5+ feet of air and slammed on the grass upside down :-| “thud”

Luckily only hairline cracks in the hatch and 1 flex cable broke it’s loctite near shaft.

Do you use a fiberglass hatch for your gps? Kind of sucks not being able to attach a GPS on mine, as I know it will be blown off any other way on the outside... for sure

Dmitry, I had a Kevlar hatch made for me by Hanspeter. My GPS will be within the hull with my amp logger. Nicely fastened. This is next, begin the logging. Tomorrow I’m going to run 5s just so I can get used to full throttle running and get used to the handling of this boat.

Ok, I’ve decided to try 5s on this. It should be respectable still. I’ve redone some things, I reprogrammed the ESC’s with the program box(which I finally got to work), and managed to couple the two ESC’s so that I could calibrate them both simultaneously. I feel better abou5 this. And.... while I was messing with it I checked the drive angle/height and one was off by 1.5mm! Whoa, there could be the source of some grief. So I should get out tomorrow, wish me luck.

The HPR99 is more diffucult to drive at low speeds than the HPR115 09
    The older HPR115 06 was easier to drive and it was more stable..
    If you run the props outwards, should use megative drive angle and is more fun at corners..But no for high speeds..
    If you run props inwards,Should use positive drive angle and is F....k difficult to drive at slow speeds..BUT perfect for high Speeds!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nikolas Andriop View Post
    The HPR99 is more diffucult to drive at low speeds than the HPR115 09
    The older HPR115 06 was easier to drive and it was more stable..
    If you run the props outwards, should use megative drive angle and is more fun at corners..But no for high speeds..
    If you run props inwards,Should use positive drive angle and is F....k difficult to drive at slow speeds..BUT perfect for high Speeds!!
    Nikolas, this is the 06 I believe. Fairly old hull pkg. Thanks for the insight, it is appreciated.
    I ran today and was happy with it. It moves pretty good on 5s with the 1690kv LMT’s, handled better too with the props set even, haha. I do have a short vid on my cam but I computer is getting a cleanup till next weekend I believe so I can’t download the vid.

What is your setup??Lmt 19 or 22 series??Esc??
    Why only 5S use at that low Kv motor??
    I have also an HPR 06 bulletproof from the hands of Hans Peter...
    If you want send me photos to compare with mine if is 06 ...

Quote Originally Posted by Nikolas Andriop View Post
    What is your setup??Lmt 19 or 22 series??Esc??
    Why only 5S use at that low Kv motor??
    I have also an HPR 06 bulletproof from the hands of Hans Peter...
    If you want send me photos to compare with mine if is 06 ...
    I have 2250 1690kv with 8mm shaft, powered by Swordfish 300 lite’s. I just went to 5s because I was having grief working the bugs out of it. I think 6s for sport running and 7s for speed. Was going to go as high as 8s but I doubt I will need.

Where is the main difference in the hull? I know in the 5009 it is on the underside by transom. This is mine:

Yea HPR99 is definitely a pain in the ass to drive at low speeds... I have to almost “punch” the throttle to make sure it doesn’t flip or lose control at the lower speeds

Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Fweasel, what happened to it?

Quote Originally Posted by srislash View Post
    I have 2250 1690kv with 8mm shaft, powered by Swordfish 300 lite’s. I just went to 5s because I was having grief working the bugs out of it. I think 6s for sport running and 7s for speed. Was going to go as high as 8s but I doubt I will need.

Where is the main difference in the hull? I know in the 5009 it is on the underside by transom. This is mine:

Yes this the bottom of 06 Hull....

Τhe 09 was design
    A) more aerodynamic than 06
    B) has smaller sponsons
    C) Narrower hull from 06 and same length
    D) different transom back end than the 06
    Last edited by Nikolas Andriop; 11-02-2018 at 04:57 AM.

Here is mine HPR 06
    D6CB4D72-A801-4B6C-9BD7-9D7366435F05.jpg
    I have made my drives longer and i have mount the drives at the limit of the sponsons!!!
    IMG_0066.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by dmitry100 View Post
    Fweasel, what happened to it?
    Someone put a crappy rattle can paint job on it and installed a set of drives before I got the hull. It's being built now, properly.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast