Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: HPR 115(Average White Boat)

That's some nice work Shawn. The paint job is so simple, clean of clutter and yet so elegant especially with the stripe combo with the fine little details in it. . . .just love it. . . .very nice indeed. I can't wait to see it zip on the water.

Thanks guys, it’s so nice to get it this far and have it turn out ‘by my own hand’.

Thanks for the praise,

You really banged this one out quickly, without cutting corners. Your experience shows. It must be exciting to know its going to hit the water soon!

And I agree with Brian, your layout of the graphics is dead nuts on. Clean and simple.

It’s a great build Shawn! That thing is going to look and sound so good out on the water, I can hear it now!

Quote Originally Posted by CraigP View Post
    It’s a great build Shawn! That thing is going to look and sound so good out on the water, I can hear it now!
    Yes, yes it shall! So happy to be at this point already. So the LMT’s are in and while there I thought I’d share the tricks that make install and removal easy on me. Perhaps you guys can put it to use.

9036D09E-38FA-4A93-91B2-26DC347E1494.jpgF0CC104B-A03D-42B4-BA04-F0FB112D6855.jpg9AD5DEF5-C236-4C64-BA93-3C90C5140185.jpg

I fashioned a hex bit onto a .130 flex which goes into my tool kit nut driver. After much futzing and dropping of screws I came up with the loop in the brass wire which gets used as a guide for the screw/hex. Works like a charm!

Cool tool.

I have ESC’s wired, programmed and installed. ESC cover plates installed. Added a foam bed on sponson floor by ESC’s for batteries to sit on.
    Servo, hydraulics, and cables and cable clamps(courtesy of Kent @cfparts) installed. I had changed servos as I decided to run HV radio system in this one. I’m just going to try it out and see if range increases, hasn’t been a problem but I do know my limitations on the lake.
    I am working on the wiring for the Rx and data tower but figured I’d show off what takes the place of the logger and still holds the Rx battery.

Attached Images Attached Images

And it’s alive!!! Swordy’s seem to be sync’d up well. But one doesn’t wanna beep a cell count. I’ll reprogram and see.

I'll just leave this here... I don't think I would ever be able to unscrew anything without this flexable screwdriver: https://www.amazon.com/ORIA-Screwdri...ewdriver&psc=1

Quote Originally Posted by dmitry100 View Post
    I'll just leave this here... I don't think I would ever be able to unscrew anything without this flexable screwdriver: https://www.amazon.com/ORIA-Screwdri...ewdriver&psc=1
    That’s a nice setup Dmitry. I don’t know if it would get the bottom screws though. In my instance anyway. But it sure looks like a handy one.

So on the ‘last finishing touches’ front, I am so impressed with myself on this one.
    On these 115’s the hatch fits loose, real loose! So after measuring I decided that a great option would be foam tape stuck to the outside edge of the hatch. So after much searching I found a single roll of 1/16” sticky one side tape on eBay. I installed this morning and now the hatch fits nice and snug. This should be my seal

Wow, you weren't kidding. That looks like a hood gap on a car! Looks like that tape was a perfect fit.

Quote Originally Posted by fweasel View Post
    Wow, you weren't kidding. That looks like a hood gap on a car! Looks like that tape was a perfect fit.
    I know right. I’ve never ran across it before. But it’s like it was meant for this. And it’s awesome! Love it when it works out.

Did you use any extra adhesive for the foam? I'd imagine it would eventually start coming off after getting wet several times

Did you use any extra adhesive for the foam? I'd imagine it would eventually start coming off after getting wet several times
    Dmitry I think it should be good as the foam tape is 3M for automotive use.

Hey Shawn, great looking build! Super clean! Can't wait to see some vids of it on the water. Also Thanks for sharing a few of your tricks

Hey thank you. She should be soon on the water. I just have to install flexes,( like really, I have them glued together and sized), my Andy Browns (447’s) are here and maybe a good once over. Charge packs and go. Oh yeah, I NEED A DECENT DAY!!! Lol

Quote Originally Posted by srislash View Post
    Oh yeah, I NEED A DECENT DAY!!! Lol
    Ah yes, the most elusive commodity
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

You going to be running 1/4 or 3/16 flex cables on that thing?

You going to be running 1/4 or 3/16 flex cables on that thing?
    3/16” Dmitry, or somewhere between 4.75 and 5mm if I run the cable I got from MHZ. Some sort of in between size

I am hoping for this coming Tueday. I just have to tighten my collets and charge packs. Yayy

Made it out briefly the other day. It was a beautiful day. All ran well, slipped a collet, and I think I need to teardrop the water inlets a bit. Ran a beater set of 447’s for the inaugural. I am still getting used to these dihedral hulls and there are a lot of buoys on this waterski lake. I’ll try to get more open water next time out

That's looking awesome...
    Well done bud.

Quote Originally Posted by Bradb74 View Post
    That's looking awesome...
    Well done bud.
    I think I had way too much weight up front. I’ll try the mid mount next time out. Maybe I can get a bit of the drunken turtle behaviour out of it at slower speeds.
    I’ll measure the CG for future reference.

Did the tip of the flex cable get damaged at all or did you catch it early enough?

Quote Originally Posted by fweasel View Post
    Did the tip of the flex cable get damaged at all or did you catch it early enough?
    It seemed to tighten Back up Ryan. These cables aren’t soldered as I couldn’t get it to stick.

One of the best investments that I made is those cheap blowtorch attachments for small gas bottles that sell for around $10.00 on eBay. They are commonly used by chefs in kitchens for caramelising cooking but have a wide usage in our hobby from heating up tips of cut flexshafts hot enough to accept solder plus heating brass tubing to firstly bend stuffing tubes then reheating to heat treat them once formed. Another usage that my son showed me was heating say a prop that had been Loctited inplace allowing easy removal.

any more video? how fast?

Quote Originally Posted by urbs00007 View Post
    any more video? how fast?
    Nothing yet, and likely not till July/August. I have been more focused on my chopper but it is done now. I have a good work run to do, but after that I should be ack on the water.

Shawn, does your gps get signal if you place it under your stock HPR hatch?

For some reason mine doesn’t... I haven’t tried placing it inside of the deep oval portion of the hatch yet , just next to ESC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shawn, does your gps get signal if you place it under your stock HPR hatch?

For some reason mine doesn’t... I haven’t tried placing it inside of the deep oval portion of the hatch yet , just next to ESC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I haven’t tried it yet Dmitry, but I have a Kevlar hatch as well for it(or maybe that’s what you mean). Looks like I should have it out this weekend. I have to scout the lake tho prior to running. Been some debris there this year.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast