Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: HPR 115(Average White Boat)

Quote Originally Posted by dmitry100 View Post
    Yea HPR99 is definitely a pain in the ass to drive at low speeds... I have to almost “punch” the throttle to make sure it doesn’t flip or lose control at the lower speeds
    the worst pain in the ass to drive and handle is the HPR64.......I have driven once....never again!!!!

Yes the ‘scale’ of water is all off
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikolas Andriop View Post
    the worst pain in the ass to drive and handle is the HPR64.......I have driven once....never again!!!!

Well I've been 'work' busy but have been messing with the logger and the handling of the boat. My RPM reading is off, had to try a couple GPS expanders, and the voltage reading was off as well. Remedied on all counts now(i think). I do have 65MPH and all of 65 amps with the Andy Brown 447's on 5s. I am going to try my next set of props and see if my reading are good on the next run. After that I think we shall start upping the voltage.
    But here is the last run: https://youtu.be/0Ywnchh7UOg

You're going to run out of lake quickly with that monster when the voltage goes up.

I have another spot and if I run up and down the beach at this lake(to the right in vid) there is room. I could run at a big lake too that isn’t too terribly far away.
    Quote Originally Posted by fweasel View Post
    You're going to run out of lake quickly with that monster when the voltage goes up.

Ryan, I got out today with my set of 2114/15* rake 3 blades which Chris S&B and cut down to 47mm. It handled worse in my opinion. Those props would have more bite than the 447’s so I’m thinking there is just too much prop.
    Whatcha think?

I should add that those props had a peak amps of 240 and speed of 67mph. And obviously never made it all the way up.
    I guess i better go to the big lake for those ones

I don't have enough runs under my belt to make those kind of recommendations, but it was night and day difference between props on my Genesis in terms of stability in setting up the run and rolling into the throttle. I've had luck with 3 blades on some boats, but have never been able to predict how they'll react in regards to 2 blades I had previously run. Finicky animals.

Yeah I’ll try some small 42’s or something for an experiment. Kinda hoping it’s just a CG thing as I’m real geared up in the 47-48mm department.

[QUOTE=srislash;727701]Whatcha think?

I was waiting for you to send it...but never happened lol. Make a vid of that thing wide open instead of dicking around with it lol.

[QUOTE=Prodrvr;727711]
    Quote Originally Posted by srislash View Post
    Whatcha think?

I was waiting for you to send it...but never happened lol. Make a vid of that thing wide open instead of dicking around with it lol.
    Have you seen all the pins in that lake? And if I could get it to launch straight maybe I’d have a chance. It’ll get there I just need time off to run it.

Pins? I see a lot of flat water.

This lake is very close to home but it is a wakeboard/waterski slalom course. Narrow but long. I’ll get it out to open water next
    Quote Originally Posted by Prodrvr View Post
    Pins? I see a lot of flat water.

I don't have enough runs under my belt to make those kind of recommendations, but it was night and day difference between props on my Genesis in terms of stability in setting up the run and rolling into the throttle. I've had luck with 3 blades on some boats, but have never been able to predict how they'll react in regards to 2 blades I had previously run. Finicky animals.
    Mmm, you may be onto something here Ryan. A real gentle build in speed seems to be the ticket. I tried my 42mm 1.7 pitch 3 blades and it does handle better but no real change in getting up on plane.

I’ll keep trying things but I wanna try the big boy props on open water.

Well I made it out again and ran the 2114 ABC’s and got a couple good passes. Then I switched to 1916 ABC’s and got a few more. Both sets of props are cut down to 47mm. My high speed was 77mph and was from the 1916’s. Pulled 220amps for 2/10ths of a second then ramped down quickly.
    Wasn’t a pretty day out there and I shook a bearing loose from the stinger again(same side), and still a pita to get on plane. Tried a tad less negative on the stingers AND some weight in the tail to get CG to 30% after these runs to no avail.

Just sorting thru the vid

Here is the first running the three blades: https://youtu.be/bMG3I7RMXcc

And here is the 1916’s: https://youtu.be/Z6CCNMcoyQs

It's tough to see how the boat is actually running at that distance, at least with my tired eyes, but the 1916's certainly sounded like you were able to stay in it longer, and resulted in longer, smoother sounding passes. I'd stick with those for now so you can at least take one variable out of the equation and focus on COG and trim moving forwards.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Agreed, next here is running outwardly spinning props. This will switch the shafts around so I can see why that one bearing keeps shaking loose. A fine vibration but driveline alignment or the shaft itself? I don’t really want to up the voltage till that is remedied.
    Should get it out tomorrow.

The HPR99 is more diffucult to drive at low speeds than the HPR115 09
    The older HPR115 06 was easier to drive and it was more stable..
    If you run the props outwards, should use megative drive angle and is more fun at corners..But no for high speeds..
    If you run props inwards,Should use positive drive angle and is F....k difficult to drive at slow speeds..BUT perfect for high Speeds!!
    Well I will put credit where it’s due. Tried outward and takes off beautiful but.... now it has that old Geico bounce at speed. Guess I have to decide whether I am to run this one or SAW It! I can tune the bounce out I’m sure. And if SAW then I’m just glad I’ll never be running the lights and squaring up for a run.
    Oh and the other bearing broke loose so I guess that one cable needs a going over. Perhaps the stub is tweaked.

https://youtu.be/XJWJLiyiPT4

Hi...
    This lake is small and you can't see what really wants the boat or you...!!
    With outwards props i would made long straights and big turns.....

Hi...
    This lake is small and you can't see what really wants the boat or you...!!
    With outwards props i would made long straights and big turns.....
    Agreed Nikolas, but this lake is close to me and I did discover the bad propeller shaft. Now I fix and go to the bigger lake. Thank you again for your words.

Especially cats, cause of the tunnel aerodynamics needs to adjust for high speeds..
    example....you may setup your boat lets say for 6S with 1715 and max 70mph at a small lake...Then you go to bigger lake and you prop up or voltage up....And here comes the lift off..!!!!!!!!!

Yes yes. I agree.
    Especially cats, cause of the tunnel aerodynamics needs to adjust for high speeds..
    example....you may setup your boat lets say for 6S with 1715 and max 70mph at a small lake...Then you go to bigger lake and you prop up or voltage up....And here comes the lift off..!!!!!!!!!

Ok, upon the advice of Mr Manuel Wenny I switched the start power on the ESC’s from ‘standard’ to ‘fast’. I also switched cell detect to ‘auto’ so I can freely change cell counts.
    This is 6s : https://youtu.be/9tIfhFsoTBo

What change did you feel while driving after adjusting the ESC setting?

What change did you feel while driving after adjusting the ESC setting?
    Ryan, it was like night and day with the control on the throttle. I don’t really get it but it must be just another glitch with SW ESC’s. I know that Travis found timing and cell count set to ‘auto’ was best. Just gotta be a sync thing.

Wow your still out there! I would think the lakes would be starting to make ice up by you . we are suppose to get snow down here tonight. Looking good!

Quote Originally Posted by REDLINE1 View Post
    Wow your still out there! I would think the lakes would be starting to make ice up by you . we are suppose to get snow down here tonight. Looking good!
    Well outside of the last two years it usually barely freezes in Vancouver. It is likely tho, the only place in Canada

I never did like the setup on the swordfish ESC's myself. The weirdest one was having to do a throttle calibration then set throttle range on the transmitter to 115% in order to achieve full throttle on the ESC.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast