Thread: Turnigy graphene

Default Turnigy graphene

Does anyone have any real experience with these batteries? My setup isn't real hot compared to some of you and looking for a decent battery that won't break the bank. Running a Genesis with seaking 180 esc leopard 4074 2200kv octura m445 and m545 on 4s2p

They have been great for me. High amp set-ups to.

That's good to hear,thanks for the reply

I have alot of 3 and 4S packs and they have performed very well, they seem to be quite hardy. One thing though, as good as they are they still are not quite on par with some of Revo's products, I get my best speeds with their 4.20 Gopacks...and they are the same if not less in price than the Graphene's...for me they are certainly less as I wait for them to go on sale and usually 20% off. Still though, IMO the Graphene's are top cells.

That's really good news.I think I'll get a couple for some "extended testing"..lol

I ran a set of Turnigy 3S 5000mAh 65C graphenes for most of the summer along side a set of Revo graphenes. Both sets performed pretty similar. Happy with both.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Turnigy bolts are very great as well

My bolts just playing around with my Leo 1600kv right at 70mph with a 42m prop

The only experience I've had with the bolt batteries are they are quite powerful the first few cycles then rapidly drop off in speed. I was down 10mph after less than 10 cycles. Put a diffenrent name brand (revo) in and went back up to normal speeds. I didn't like how the positive wire was on one end and the negative was on the other end and the wire on one side was run under the shrink to the other side which added a lot of extra unnecessary wire. I haven't tried the turnigy graphenes but they look really cool. I like the logo. I've only run the revo go (graphenes) packs and they are the most powerful batteries I've used as they are cheaper. Plus they are sold in the ose store so you can get them quickly.
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

To add to my above post. The turnigy 5000mah 65c 3 s pack is $61.49 and a revo 5000mah 70c 3s is $55.99. Better battery from your local forum store for less money. No brainer to me.
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Quote Originally Posted by kfxguy View Post
    To add to my above post. The turnigy 5000mah 65c 3 s pack is $61.49 and a revo 5000mah 70c 3s is $55.99. Better battery from your local forum store for less money. No brainer to me.
    Couldn't agree more plus getting Revo's from OSE you won't be stung with duties....I'm Canadian so I have to buy from overseas.

Quote Originally Posted by Lone-Wolf View Post
    Couldn't agree more plus getting Revo's from OSE you won't be stung with duties....I'm Canadian so I have to buy from overseas.
    I don't think Americans ever get charged duty and taxes from any part of the world. Canada, UK, AUS., Euro, all get burned with taxes and handling charges or duty.

I like the original 420's and the price is nice too.

If you have any tricks to avoid duty and taxes from incoming shipments, I'm all ears.
    Nortavlag Bulc

Quote Originally Posted by ray schrauwen View Post
    I don't think Americans ever get charged duty and taxes from any part of the world. Canada, UK, AUS., Euro, all get burned with taxes and handling charges or duty.

I like the original 420's and the price is nice too.

If you have any tricks to avoid duty and taxes from incoming shipments, I'm all ears.
    Tricks?....I have a few but it always depends on how the goods on the shippers end are handled in terms of documentation, I like buying used boats and parts so they can be declared low. Sorry to get off topic here but just have to give an example, last week I received a new hatch from MHZ in Germany, price was under 50 Euros, by the time it got here I owed about $50 CDN just to receive and that wasn't counting the actual shipping price, so that stupid hatch cost me over $150. Next example; a month ago I received two MGM esc's worth over 2K and I owed absolutely nothing (Through TNT)!!!...go figure but who's complaining. I always try and avoid UPS at all costs, FedEx is not bad and DHL/TNT are the best...USPS/Canada Post is pretty good too.

Revo ships FedEx and I find it quite affordable, too bad they can only ship 2 packs/order, usually only owe between $10 and $15 (in CDN Pesos) at the door/box.

Yeah, Revo is pretty good but if you look they now have a Canadian distributor/retailer. https://shamihobbies.com/collections/revolectrix

They are tightening things up compared to a year ago and more.

OK. Back to the real topic. Sorry for the Canuck hijacking. We're all terrorists up here don't ya know!

The possible reason TNT Didn't cost you anything was most likely because it was just declared as electronics, not RC hobby parts. Electronics is straight through and in NAFTA I think where RC hobby declaration is a luxury item to be taxed.

A Revo go 4s 5000 Pack will cost you $100 CDN pesos plus HST 13"% + delivery from Ottawa area.

A declaration of TOY will come through clean most times as well. It's very hard to get some places to change the wording because they don't want hassles either.
    Last edited by ray schrauwen; 01-23-2017 at 07:18 PM.
    Nortavlag Bulc

Quote Originally Posted by ray schrauwen View Post
    Yeah, Revo is pretty good but if you look they now have a Canadian distributor/retailer. https://shamihobbies.com/collections/revolectrix

They are tightening things up compared to a year ago and more.

OK. Back to the real topic. Sorry for the Canuck hijacking. We're all terrorists up here don't ya know!

The possible reason TNT Didn't cost you anything was most likely because it was just declared as electronics, not RC hobby parts. Electronics is straight through and in NAFTA I think where RC hobby declaration is a luxury item to be taxed.

A Revo go 4s 5000 Pack will cost you $100 CDN pesos plus HST 13"% + delivery from Ottawa area.

A declaration of TOY will come through clean most times as well. It's very hard to get some places to change the wording because they don't want hassles either.
    Great info on Importing and Customs. You certainly know more about all this stuff, for sure MGM declared as electronics, didn't realize that RC is considered a luxury, I thought of it more as a necessity ;-)

That's good to see a Canadian retailer for sure but I find dealing directly with Revo to be pretty simple and fast shipping too, of course they always have everything in stock too but thanks for the heads-up Ray. If I was in the USA I would certainly buy from OSE! My last large order from Revo was a super deal on 8x 6S 60C packs, they were $70 each USD. 60C is fine as they are being used in 2P in a 73" dual Cat...they are great cells.

As luck would have it I just found a bad cell in a fairly new Revo 6S 4.20 gopack, all cells at 3.75 +/- and one cell at 0.5. I don't get too upset about losing a cell in say a 3S pack but when you lose an entire 6S pack to one cell...that sucks!!! In the end it's all a crapshoot with lipo's, hopefully one day we'll look back at these times and laugh about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lone-Wolf View Post

As luck would have it I just found a bad cell in a fairly new Revo 6S 4.20 gopack, all cells at 3.75 +/- and one cell at 0.5. I don't get too upset about losing a cell in say a 3S pack but when you lose an entire 6S pack to one cell...that sucks!!! In the end it's all a crapshoot with lipo's, hopefully one day we'll look back at these times and laugh about it.
    I wouldn't suggest it for everyone to try but it is possible to pull out the bad cell and still have a 5s pack , did you throw it away?

I've done it before on a few packs.
    Nortavlag Bulc

Quote Originally Posted by TheShaughnessy View Post
    I wouldn't suggest it for everyone to try but it is possible to pull out the bad cell and still have a 5s pack , did you throw it away?
    I'll give it a shot, I have done it before on a pack with a bad cell on the outside of pack, feels super sketchy, yeah not rocket science...ok doing it.

So I contacted John at Revo to let him know about the bad cell in my 6S pack, all I can say is I am thoroughly impressed with the service! Not only did he respond to me quickly, he's going to send me a new 6S pack!! Certainly Hobby King won't give service like this, I know they will replace a bad pack but only for a short amount of time and then you basically have to prove your innocence with pic's and video's and all sorts of nonsense. In the end, other than the fact that Revo's are the best cells, they also carry the best service.

Apologies OP for hijacking the thread, like Ray said above, we Canadians are terrorists! LOL!