Thread: spektrum dx4s

Default spektrum dx4s

I got this TX and a couple mr200 rxs were just working fine a couple days ago was trying to bind them agian because they would not work. I put bind plug in did the procedure like I normally do it binded ok but when I removed bind plug and hooked battery to RX and nothing. any ideas out there? will a faulty speed control mess up a RX ?

That TX is not designed for use with the MR200 or MR3000 RXs (DSM-Marine).

It requires a DSM2 or DSMR RX, like the new SR210, SR310, SR410, etc.

http://www.spektrumrc.com/Products/D...rodId=SPM4010W

http://www.spektrumrc.com/Surface/marineReceivers.aspx
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

Quote Originally Posted by Darin Jordan View Post
    That TX is not designed for use with the MR200 or MR3000 RXs (DSM-Marine).

It requires a DSM2 or DSMR RX, like the new SR210, SR310, SR410, etc.

http://www.spektrumrc.com/Products/D...rodId=SPM4010W

http://www.spektrumrc.com/Surface/marineReceivers.aspx
    I have used these in boats all last summer with this tx
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by meangenesracing View Post
    I have used these in boats all last summer with this tx
    How old is the TX and when it the last time you updated it??

Here is what I can tell you about these radio systems:

1) The TX and RX generally need to be the same generation of protocol: DSM2, DSMR, DSM-Marine, etc. In this case, the TX is NOT DSM-Marine Compatible.

2) The EARLY runs of the DX4S and DX4R were released with support for the DSM-Marine RXs. In a later update, and later releases, this was removed.

3) IF you had an early TX that was compatible, and you did a Spektrum Raceware update from www.spektrumrc.com, then the update will have removed the DSM-Marine support.

4) RX Binding and connection after it's bound can be affected by weak RX batteries or low BEC voltage.

5) RX Connection can be affected by having the TX too close to the RX. If you move the TX away and make sure the antennas has Line-of-sight with each other, it will generally bind or connect.

Hope something in 1-5 helps. :)

Great info here Darin, it is a few years old and I haven't changed anything thanks very much for your help, geno

Cool

#5. I learned that the hard way some years ago. Later when fellow club members couldn't bind their transmitters, I told them to take two steps back. Worked every time. Don't know if that is the OP's problem, but it is worth a try.

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

I tried everything one other one I have binder just fine, guess it's time for the garbage lol

Just got my dx4c dsmr radio . Not real happy . I can get only about 50 yds. of range. Whats up?

Quote Originally Posted by Beaux View Post
    Just got my dx4c dsmr radio . Not real happy . I can get only about 50 yds. of range. Whats up?
    What kind of receiver are you using? Did that same receiver work with your previous transmitter? Fresh batteries? We need more information to help you.

Quote Originally Posted by fweasel View Post
    What kind of receiver are you using? Did that same receiver work with your previous transmitter? Fresh batteries? We need more information to help you.
    And what is it in? If any sort of CF hull and the antenna is not clear of the hull you won't have any range.

Thanks for asking. It's a mean machine 2, a tp 4070 , a sf 300 lite on 6s. Two freshly charged 3s . No carbon fiber the ant. is approx. 2 inch exposed. 5.7 volts at the radio. Four brand new freshly charged aa's.

receiver? Is that new or used? Was it previously paired with your last radio?
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Both of these are brand new out of the box. I have a sf310 in my pirate same issue.

Does the receiver antenna have a ~1" section of clear coating at the end of the antenna, which is otherwise solid gray?
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Yes,that plus 1 inch of the gray is exposed.

I suppose you should call Spektrum tech support next. I've got nothing left for you aside from trying a BEC. My past range issues were caused by broken antenna's (clear, unshielded portion at the end) or weak batteries.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

I'm already running a bec. Thanks for trying. I guess tech support is next, again thanks.

Up date on the DX4C. We were going to small lake , they quit selling day passes, so we went to a friend's camp. There we have about 100 yds across and a good 1/2 mile either way.
    So I eased my MM 2 out and tiptoed along the rivers edge. It went for at least 200 yds. and never missed a beat. So I'm guessing the lake had some type of interference.
    The DX4C worked great.

Mmm, this is not the first strange interference on certain lakes. Perhaps something to do with those planet grid lines? J/K. Well glad that worked but crappy about the other lake if it is your local spot.

Have you(or anyone else) tried another radio at that lake ?

No , I tried a flysky was my first radio, and it messed up at the same spot. So I thought hmm, junk radio. Well my new DX4C did the same thing.
    Having to go to the river was a blessing . Got a nice deck and a fan in the summer. The other place was getting to small for the speed we were running.

Not impossible and I’ve seen it happen (with cheap 2.4 gig radios), but still odd. How is cell phone coverage at the pond? Near an airport?

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

Never tried my phone, about 15 miles from a military type airport.

There's a pond I used to frequent and it had a dead spot. Never failed, I went into that area, boat stopped. There's another area in my big lake I run it. I avoid it, works fine. Heck you can see in some of my videos where it cuts out.
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Mine just pooped, went with the 5. my DX3C still works and my 4 was used a lot less. electronics, must be a Ghost in The Shell.