Thread: CF Zonda Knocking on 90mph!

Default CF Zonda Knocking on 90mph!

Here we go again! Not ideal conditions, winds were around 15-18mph. Running the same setup except now the packs are 3S Turnigy HD 60C. These fit much better in the sponsons up front. First run, forgot to tighten one of the collet. You would think by now I'd remember this, brought it back in with half the Shaft hanging out. Whew! Luck on my side. Did a little warm up run to make sure everything else was ok as you will see in the beginning of the video. Still not fully utilizing the length of the lake but she was cooking.

Proboat Voracity-E 36" , Proboat Zelos 36 Twin , Proboat Miss Geico 29" , Traxxas Spartan, Fightercat Daytona, Zonda

Oh please tell me you were letting the P4P auto track the boat...
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

That was pretty cool ! Congrats
    SRI / IMPBA 20279S

Quote Originally Posted by fweasel View Post
    Oh please tell me you were letting the P4P auto track the boat...
    Oh yes sir, till I squeezed the trigger on the Zonda then the little P4P could not keep up. Lol. It works quite well for something small as our boats, I thought the reflection from the lake was gonna make it lose track, but it hung in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Tahoe1970 View Post
    That was pretty cool ! Congrats
    Thanks man!
    Proboat Voracity-E 36" , Proboat Zelos 36 Twin , Proboat Miss Geico 29" , Traxxas Spartan, Fightercat Daytona, Zonda

Nice work! Good video editing too, when the music kicked in it was like watching a segment from Top Gear, cool stuff. Only thing I would suggest is taking the extra time to dry off the top of your boat really well before putting the tape on, if you need some quality hockey tape I can mail you a pack, sticks better than electrical...seriously just ask. Problem is, at your speeds and up, after a crash it seems that half the time the tape is ripped right off regardless of how well you applied it...I actually do a layer of clear packing tape over the hockey tape on my fast boats now. It just really sucks when you crash and find your hull filled with water all because of 5 cents worth of tape that didn't do it's job....just my .02 that you didn't ask for...just want you to know I'm rooting for you buddy!

Quote Originally Posted by Lone-Wolf View Post
    Nice work! Good video editing too, when the music kicked in it was like watching a segment from Top Gear, cool stuff. Only thing I would suggest is taking the extra time to dry off the top of your boat really well before putting the tape on, if you need some quality hockey tape I can mail you a pack, sticks better than electrical...seriously just ask. Problem is, at your speeds and up, after a crash it seems that half the time the tape is ripped right off regardless of how well you applied it...I actually do a layer of clear packing tape over the hockey tape on my fast boats now. It just really sucks when you crash and find your hull filled with water all because of 5 cents worth of tape that didn't do it's job....just my .02 that you didn't ask for...just want you to know I'm rooting for you buddy!
    I'm getting teary eyes here Thanks for the strong support! I would like to get some rolls of tapes if possible. I'm pretty sure it's not sold here where I live. The reason why that one didn't stick is because I re-used the tape I had on my Zelos from an earlier run. The tape holds but like you mentioned it needs to be dried off completely. Good looking out!

Re-using tape might be OK with normal boats but on your fast boat you really should always apply new stuff just to be safe...if not you will learn the way I did and maybe that's OK too haha!

PM me your address and I'll mail you a pack of rolls! Here in the great white north there is never a shortage of hockey tape!...and it's pretty cheap too!

Oh and purchase a quality micro-fiber towel for drying off, won't scratch the hull and does a nice job of drying quickly. Seems you live in a much warmer climate than me so probably an easier time drying things off compared to me in freezing or wet weather.

Oh and purchase a quality micro-fiber towel for drying off, won't scratch the hull and does a nice job of drying quickly. Seems you live in a much warmer climate than me so probably an easier time drying things off compared to me in freezing or wet weather.
    Re-using tape might be OK with normal boats but on your fast boat you really should always apply new stuff just to be safe...if not you will learn the way I did and maybe that's OK too haha!

PM me your address and I'll mail you a pack of rolls! Here in the great white north there is never a shortage of hockey tape!...and it's pretty cheap too!
    I'll send you PM

Great Vid !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dasboata View Post
    Great Vid !!!!
    Thanks! Your props are on it!

Great work Keagan

Keagan you did it man!!!! and you only wanted around 80mph and you went over the top. . .congrats and thanks for keeping me posted. Be aware, once you've tasted some speed, , , , ,you'll want more. . .but usually 90-100mph is way plenty and nothing more to prove. . .keep up the good work. . .gotta love the guys here on OSE, without the help from some of the guys here with their tremendous experience it would be a different story. . .I'm grateful myself from help from members here. . . .awesome man!

Thanks BP, I agree these guys are great and supportive! I'll be making another run hopefully end of the week.

Quote Originally Posted by Keagan-Z06 View Post
    Thanks! Your props are on it!
    good going !!!

Good stuff Keagan!....... Just realized, someone found a lake!

Thanks man, we will have something in common pretty soon...

IMG_3663.jpg
    You can guess what haPpened here

IMG_3663.jpg
    You can guess what haPpened here
    Welcome to the club (if this is your first blowover), time to move weight forward a bit. Nice stretch of water you have there!

90 in the books. New thread to follow

Here we go again! Not ideal conditions, winds were around 15-18mph. Running the same setup except now the packs are 3S Turnigy HD 60C. These fit much better in the sponsons up front. First run, forgot to tighten one of the collet. You would think by now I'd remember this, brought it back in with half the Shaft hanging out. Whew! Luck on my side. Did a little warm up run to make sure everything else was ok as you will see in the beginning of the video. Still not fully utilizing the length of the lake but she was cooking.

Congratulations, man!
    Very nice video!

Thanks man! It took me a few months but I'm here! Lol

Welcome to the club (if this is your first blowover), time to move weight forward a bit. Nice stretch of water you have there!
    My first blow over with this boat. I think I sort a jack rabbit the throttle and stayed in it. The other runs were fine. Will try and work on the videos tomorrow.

Nice m8 keep it up :)
    Genesis 36", Zelos Twin 36"

Noticed the thing was trying to go water lizard at 88ish in the other vid. Air dam?

Lol, wait till you see my next video. I'm working on it as we speak.

New video and thread posted fellas!