Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fightercat Daytona 37" Fiberglass hull w/Carbon inlay and Mounts

Quote Originally Posted by lt130th View Post
    Allright, I have the six little holes in the tunnel (from the old ESC cover bolts) filled/epoxied. The four holes are drilled in the servo tray for the servo screws. I'll plug the servo in, get it back to zero and then mount it in the tray. The Teflon liner for these stuffing tubes can be found here on OSE or at Kintec. If you search the OSE store for "oct-teflon-24" you'll want the .187 liner. At Kintecracing.com, the liner is under "Building Supplies" -> "Brass Tubes" and the .187 liner is the 5th item on the page. Also, the cooling line to run from the rudder through the aluminum trim rings on the transom is the "4mm inside diameter and 8mm outside diameter" stuff under "Water Cooling" at Kintecracing.com. I'll post some pictures as soon as I have the drives mounted. Will be late Friday night. Any questions, feel free to ask.

Thanks,
    Michael P.
    Or could you send me a message if possible. I might be doing it wrong lol.
    Thanks
    Amarx691

No PM just checked ,

Quote Originally Posted by MG1234 View Post
    No PM just checked ,
    He was trying to send me a PM to ask questions about the repair on the hull, specifically the epoxy and gel-coat that can be seen on the rear. I replied and first explained that this one was sold to you, and then that my intention had been to paint the hull, which would cover up the epoxy and gel-coat from the repair.

No PM it may be my iPad ,I've posted this a few times but it never makes the trip

My posts stick to other sites but not this one ,Im trying to leave a message,ready for your boat ,

Trying to post here but won't stick

I have one drive installed, so far. I ran into another snag with a screw-hole that didn't line up to my satisfaction. I'm actually glad to be doing this instead of selling it, thinking that the stingers would just bolt right on in a few minutes. I'm going to try to run the rudder coolant lines with the black silicone tubing I have here, and then installing the servo with the new carbon fiber servo horn should be the last step. You'll probably need some teflon washers for these flex-shafts, to go between the stinger and drive-dog. I don't seem to have any. But If everything I just mentioned is successful, teflon stuffing tube liner and teflon washers are the only things you'll need to finish this up.

20170214_135402.jpg

Thank you so much ,I really would have screwed it up ,I have the 180 ESC and 1800 kv motors ,gotta order props ,I'll talk to Chris see what he recommends ,thanks again ,

Had the flu, and wasn't able to touch this for days. Just got the other drive on, and the servo all secure. I'll have this ready to ship in the next day.

20170219_163959.jpg20170219_164057.jpg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12