Thread: New PB!! Zonda @ 80+mph!

Default New PB!! Zonda @ 80+mph!

Still trying to get her dialed in. I'm scared of these TPs to be honest. Thanks to srislash for all his time and patience in helping me get the boat to these speeds.

Proboat Voracity-E 36" , Proboat Zelos 36 Twin , Proboat Miss Geico 29" , Traxxas Spartan, Fightercat Daytona, Zonda

Hey awesome, and that is a good chop too.

Shawn
    PS: I may be biased

This guy! I'll be back at it again for sure!
    Proboat Voracity-E 36" , Proboat Zelos 36 Twin , Proboat Miss Geico 29" , Traxxas Spartan, Fightercat Daytona, Zonda

Beautiful! So what did you change or mod? She looks solid and able for alot more, nice work.

You're lucky to get help from Shawn, he never shares any speed secrets with me ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Lone-Wolf View Post
    Beautiful! So what did you change or mod? She looks solid and able for alot more, nice work.

You're lucky to get help from Shawn, he never shares any speed secrets with me ;-)
    You are doing fine on your own.

lol I am very grateful for his knowledge and guidance. TP motors and CC Hydra 240. The lake had some serious chop and high winds. Since it's a new setup I was being conservative on the throttle.

Sounds like you'll be deep into the 80's with that setup on nice water...keep us posted!

Shawn always has great input towards any problem especially when it comes to getting those last few mph's out of your boat, I too am grateful for his help and generosity.

He has a slightly different estimate. Lol

Hey I'll estimate if you say what size (4050's?) and Kv of motors, cell count and props you're using...over 2000Kv on 6S/side and good props...high 90's+

Sorry I automatically assumed you knew my setup. Motors are 4050/2100kv on 6S with Dasboata 1815s. Just a few weeks ago before I was referred to Shawn, I had my Zonda start out with a baseline on Leo 4082/1800 and T180 @ 65mph. I thought damn that's the fastest boat I've owned. This is from somebody who is not even a year old in this hobby, you can understand my excitement. Then I talked to Shawn, speeds went up! 70.1, 73, 79.3 (previous best) and now 81. I'm still learning a lot, I'm a very impatient guy but he has been so patient with me that I've also learned to have some patience. I really don't think I have room in the lake for a 100mph boat. But it sure feels good to be up at these speeds.

Quote Originally Posted by Keagan-Z06 View Post
    I really don't think I have room in the lake for a 100mph boat. But it sure feels good to be up at these speeds.
    Build a ramp and jump a shark
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Thanks for the info. Same motors in my Dual Cheetah with x447's and I was 93mph and we all know it's no SAW hull. I'm sure your hull is more efficient for top speeds too so expect even more. Will be interesting to see how those 1815's make your hull behave under ideal conditions. Very impressive speeds already considering how long you have been into FE, congrats!

Thanks for the info. Same motors in my Dual Cheetah with x447's and I was 93mph and we all know it's no SAW hull. I'm sure your hull is more efficient for top speeds too so expect even more. Will be interesting to see how those 1815's make your hull behave under ideal conditions. Very impressive speeds already considering how long you have been into FE, congrats!
    Thanks for the support! I've read good things of the Cheetahs! Great little buggers those are. I also have some Dasboata x447s on my Zelos Twin, I've always used the 1815 since thats what I got the boat with, then just ordered from Dasboata a set and that helped it get in the late 70s. There are a few things I am not too happy about in terms of under hull tidiness and the inside could use a bit of mount strengthening and clean up, but other than that, the boat sounds killer at speeds!

Quote Originally Posted by fweasel View Post
    Build a ramp and jump a shark
    I'd be jumping crocs in my case. I always feel that one of these days a Croc will surface, open his mouth and collect my cat!

Sounds like you'll be deep into the 80's with that setup on nice water...keep us posted!

Shawn always has great input towards any problem especially when it comes to getting those last few mph's out of your boat, I too am grateful for his help and generosity.
    OK, now your making me blush:_}
    I think he's got 100 in there now. But we will see. HV cells may be needed for that. But then Keagan only wanted 80 soo...

Quote Originally Posted by srislash View Post
    OK, now your making me blush:_}
    I think he's got 100 in there now. But we will see. HV cells may be needed for that. But then Keagan only wanted 80 soo...
    Lol, I did say 80 didn't I? I do believe better packs will be in order, I just could not believe the difference of packs on my last run. The Turnigy graphenes 45C were just not giving me anything, the moment I switched back to the SMCs 50C, I could tell a difference. I knew then at that point I was at 80+. This boat uses a good area to run off and Im not using the length of the lake to the best I can, safely!

OK of course had no idea you were running 45 and 50C's...just wait until you get a set of 70C Revo's, run a few cycles through them then unleash the beast on flat water!

Congrats on the speed , Shawn is definitely the go-to person for the zonda/fantasm.

I must say thank you for referring me to Shawn! I got good advice from both of you!

No problem, nice to see the boat running so well even over the chop/wind you had.