Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: ***NEW*** - Pro Boat River Jet Boat - 23"

Which inrunner are you using, Rafael? And why did you go to an in runner instead of the stock outrunner?
    Revolt 30, River Jet, Southampton Tug, Outcast 6S BLX, 8ight-E, Ten-SCBE, 22 2.0.
    '09 Miata.
    Ibanez basses and guitars. Mapex drums, Zildjian cymbals.

I'm using a sample Dynamite 36x62 mm motor I had which is 2400kv. I have two boats. One is stock and the other lacks the outrunner and weighted flywheel. Why? Because I personally don't like the self right feature. In as many times as I've run the boat I can count in one hand how many times I've had to use the feature and it was on purpose after driving it to intentionally trying to flip it over.
    Rafael Lopez
    Product Developer-Pro Boat
    My Facebook https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010183246751

I went to my local shop yesterday and got a river jet. I went to the pond in the afternoon and really liked the boat. But after 2 minutes I noticed a strange noice. I checked the boat and there were 4 magnets already loose in the boat.
    Already with the first battery? Serious? After that, on 4s the boat ran full out for about 10 seconds. than the boat ran 50procent. tried different batteries but no success. sometimes the with the battery i could run a full battery normal, sometimes it hit lvc after 10 seconds with the same battery. I don't know what the problem is.

The motor magnet issue is known and Rafael/Proboat met with their motor supplier this week to discuss a solution. You can call Horizon to get a replacement, but it could, and has, happen again.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Just got a notice from the hobby shop I bought my boat from to call Horizon. Called tech support than was told to check where the transom meets the hull and look for pinholes or if spots of light show thru. Was told to coat the area with CA glue to fix. Haven't checked my boat yet but it's advised to do so.
    River Jet 🚤

If your boat is not taking on water and you don't plan to run it across rocks or asphalt like I do, then you should not have issues with the thin hull. When we get new hulls you can certainly get a new one and replace it at your convenience. I'd save it for a rainy day or for when its actually taking on water beyond being able to fix it with CA and accelerator.

We know the issues is there but it seems to me that it doesn't become an issue until people actually see it. We have very, very few boats that actually have holes. What appears to be holes is just light reflecting through the material.
    Rafael Lopez

Just ran it today and wow. It takes some time to get used to the sensitivity of the steering at high speed and the lack of steering at low. Lol. Oh, forget about turning when coasting to a stop lol. Great little boat so far :)
    River Jet 🚤

Yup, as with anything jet pump powered, 1:1 or R/C models, if you don't have throttle you don't have steering. Takes a while to get used to but once you get it you don't forget.
    Rafael Lopez

Quote Originally Posted by Donny View Post
    Just ran it today and wow. It takes some time to get used to the sensitivity of the steering at high speed and the lack of steering at low. Lol. Oh, forget about turning when coasting to a stop lol. Great little boat so far :)
    I have a Mods, Tips and Tricks thread that addresses problems with this boat including the sensitive steering. It includes a reverse bucket you can make on a 3D printer. Sdg
    Legend 36 sailboat, KMB Powerjet Ed Hardy Viper, ABC jet pwrd BBY Oval Master, ABC Hobby Jetski, NQD Tear Into's, HK Discovery 500, MickieBeez pwrd Jet Rigger!, Davette/Gravtix jet sprint, KMB Powerjet Pursuit, NQD pwrd Jet Catamaran!,Steam pwrd African Queen, Sidewinder airboat, Graupner Eco Power

Anyone that has one of these ever get an update on whats going on? I was really interested and was about to buy one until they pulled them and couldn't find one anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Mxkid261 View Post
    Anyone that has one of these ever get an update on whats going on? I was really interested and was about to buy one until they pulled them and couldn't find one anywhere.
    Nope. I haven't heard a word.

They were pulled because quite a few of us that bought one had issues like weak hulls, motor magnet issues, cracking impellers and melting pump housings.

Thankfully I haven't had an issue with the hull but I have experienced the other issues I mentioned with mine.
    Current boats
    Aquacraft Cajun Commander, Aquacraft Mini Alligator Tours - brushless, ProBoat Blackjack 9, ProBoat Impulse 9, ProBoat Recoil 17, ProBoat Blackjack 24, ProBoat Shockwave 26 BL V3

Yes I'm aware of all the issues, I was just wondering if PB support had given anyone any updates.

Mine is sitting on the shelf for three months now with a broken impeller. Still nowhere to find a replacement. they are out of stock since months.

Quote Originally Posted by Sachaken View Post
    Mine is sitting on the shelf for three months now with a broken impeller. Still nowhere to find a replacement. they are out of stock since months.
    That sucks. They haven't even given you an update of when they'll have a new shipment of impellers?

Last I checked, it is now mid October.

First it was June, then July, then August, then September and now October. There are also more parts, pump housing, hull etc that are backordered as well. I wouldn't think it would take this long to get these issues worked out. I am really starting to wonder if this boat was secretly discontinued. The next shipment of boats just says TBD.

Maybe the newly released boats like the UL-19 hydro and the soon to be released Veles 29 took priority.
    Current boats
    Aquacraft Cajun Commander, Aquacraft Mini Alligator Tours - brushless, ProBoat Blackjack 9, ProBoat Impulse 9, ProBoat Recoil 17, ProBoat Blackjack 24, ProBoat Shockwave 26 BL V3

Hey sachaken
    Call horizon hobby service dept and tell them you need an impeller yours cracked,they have some spares they will send you one. I just got one yesterday

Figured I'd post in here in case others are wondering about the revised models. I just received one of the updated boats from my wife for an early christmas present. I've got about 45 minutes to an hour total run time and so far not one issue. Only ran it on 3s which is perfect for what its designed for IMO. Very fun to beat around on in rough water or in some rapids. I did change out the servo from day one. The steering isn't the best. Shrinking the inside diameter of the steering nozzle a small amount with a nylon spacer or something similar helped immensely. Steers much better without having to crank it. Will report back after more run time. Also I will add I am using a large 7200mah 3s pack and the boat will still self right.

Hi guys.

Just buy a River jet but not sure how to tjek if its old or new version. ?? what to look for. and any advice before I start use it.

Thanks.

The latest version will have sticker over the original recommended battery on the box. The latest version will recommend a 5000mAh 11.1v pack instead of a 3200 mAh pack.
    Rafael Lopez

Quote Originally Posted by Rafael_Lopez View Post
    The latest version will have sticker over the original recommended battery on the box. The latest version will recommend a 5000mAh 11.1v pack instead of a 3200 mAh pack.
    Thanks Rafael then its the new one I got. I can use 3 and 4s right ?? have some 5000 mah 3 and 4 s. will 5000 mah 4s be to heavy. ??

Good to hear. Yup, 3 and 4s. In regards to 5000 4s, if you can shoehorn it in there, go for it. But it may be hard to turn to the right with that much weight on the left.
    Rafael Lopez

Quote Originally Posted by Rafael_Lopez View Post
    Good to hear. Yup, 3 and 4s. In regards to 5000 4s, if you can shoehorn it in there, go for it. But it may be hard to turn to the right with that much weight on the left.
    Okey Rafael just try put a 5000 4s in. danm its tight think I will try some smaller ones. 5000 3s fits fine I will go test it out tomorrow . appreciate you help .

Here is a thread on mods, tips and tricks for the Proboat River Jet.

And here is a custom steering nozzle you can get to tighten up the steering
    as well as a reverse bucket/nozzle you can use in place of the 'adjustable trim' 3rd channel feature. Enjoy.
    Legend 36 sailboat, KMB Powerjet Ed Hardy Viper, ABC jet pwrd BBY Oval Master, ABC Hobby Jetski, NQD Tear Into's, HK Discovery 500, MickieBeez pwrd Jet Rigger!, Davette/Gravtix jet sprint, KMB Powerjet Pursuit, NQD pwrd Jet Catamaran!,Steam pwrd African Queen, Sidewinder airboat, Graupner Eco Power

Ditch the factory servo. Mine wouldn't center from day one, never even tried using it. Pickup something to shrink the steering nozzle ID. (I used a $3 brass flanged sleeve). Never ran it on 4s, unnecessary IMO. 3s is perfect but I strictly run mine in rivers, haven't even had it on flat water. Drill a hole for a grease port. I'd recommend the Modified R/C aluminum intake grate, I sucked up some rocks and destroyed an impeller on the 2nd run. I've been running this since then (probably 30 runs) and haven't had any issue. Also the stator bearing mod works well. Hull takes a beating if you are running in rocky rivers, I've punched 2 small holes through my hull back near the pump outlet. That all being said, its probably my favorite boat. I haven't touched any of my fast stuff with a prop in months, been having too much fun bashing in rivers with this. Hull definitely needs some reinforcing if you plan on bouncing off rocks.

Ditch the factory servo. Mine wouldn't center from day one, never even tried using it. Pickup something to shrink the steering nozzle ID. (I used a $3 brass flanged sleeve). Never ran it on 4s, unnecessary IMO. 3s is perfect but I strictly run mine in rivers, haven't even had it on flat water. Drill a hole for a grease port. I'd recommend the Modified R/C aluminum intake grate, I sucked up some rocks and destroyed an impeller on the 2nd run. I've been running this since then (probably 30 runs) and haven't had any issue. Also the stator bearing mod works well. Hull takes a beating if you are running in rocky rivers, I've punched 2 small holes through my hull back near the pump outlet. That all being said, its probably my favorite boat. I haven't touched any of my fast stuff with a prop in months, been having too much fun bashing in rivers with this. Hull definitely needs some reinforcing if you plan on bouncing off rocks.
    Awesome I can see what you mean. I take the back of pumphouse of and grease the shaft not that it needed it but to make sure. and yeah the servo sucks big time can't even center good. think I will replace that after 1,st run tomorrow . I going to the open sea to jump some waves. Thanks for the input . And nice video

No problem! Definitely drill a hole in the pump housing for a grease port, then you aren't taking everything apart to grease the shaft. Pop a grub screw out, shoot in a little grease, done.

No problem! Definitely drill a hole in the pump housing for a grease port, then you aren't taking everything apart to grease the shaft. Pop a grub screw out, shoot in a little grease, done.
    Do you by any chance have a picture how and where you drill hole for grease screw.

Quote Originally Posted by prepered View Post
    Do you by any chance have a picture how and where you drill hole for grease screw.
    100_8984.jpg 100_8970.jpg
    TFL Zonda (124mph), Miss Geico Zelos 36 (108mph), Veles 29 (91mph), Zelos Twin 36 (90mph), Miss Geico 29v3 (83.5mph), Sonicwake 36 V2 (83mph), Blackjack 42 (81mph), TFL Pursuit (79mph), UL-19 (75mph), Sonicwake 36 (73mph), Motley Crew (47.5mph), AquaCraft Rescue 17

Quote Originally Posted by prepered View Post
    It's all covered in that Mods, tips and tricks link I posted.

Quote Originally Posted by MADRCER View Post
    Smart thanks guys that will make it easy to grease.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast