Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: ***NEW*** - Pro Boat River Jet Boat - 23"

Quote Originally Posted by goobs View Post
    thinking about one of these for my upcoming river trip, how are the "new" ones holding up?
    looks like immediate upgrades are the grease port and bottom intake, any others?
    Stock radio sucks, stock servo is worthless, other than that no issues here. I beat the crap out of mine, lots of scratches, gouges, and have put a couple small holes in the keel of the hull. Other than that, I love the thing. I have way more fun bashing around in river's than running anything else I own. Fast boat's don't even really do it for me anymore Lol.

nice to hear @Mxkid261 i started with an AC rio ep, then bought a kyosho hurricane 900 (never seen water lol) and now im looking into this boat.
    trying to make my time at the river more fun. boats are still "new" to me im a hardcore crawler/scale guy so im still learning the ins and outs.

Quote Originally Posted by goobs View Post
    thinking about one of these for my upcoming river trip, how are the "new" ones holding up?
    looks like immediate upgrades are the grease port and bottom intake, any others?

The most important one may be the improved steering nozzle that eliminates the 'dead zones' to either side of center which makes for jumpy (seems like 'sensitive') steering.

Then (in order of importance - or what usually breaks first) would come the grease port mod, the stuffing tube support elimination and the easier battery containment mod. Be aware the stuffing tube support mod (puts a bearing at the stator end) will slow the boat down some, but it will be rock solid and no spider bracket to fail (requiring a jet drive replacement)

Then Pilot Johns beautiful intake grate and maybe the Reverse bucket option which replaces the nozzle trim (which is really of limited use).
    Legend 36 sailboat, KMB Powerjet Ed Hardy Viper, ABC jet pwrd BBY Oval Master, ABC Hobby Jetski, NQD Tear Into's, HK Discovery 500, MickieBeez pwrd Jet Rigger!, Davette/Gravtix jet sprint, KMB Powerjet Pursuit, NQD pwrd Jet Catamaran!,Steam pwrd African Queen, Sidewinder airboat, Graupner Eco Power

Quote Originally Posted by sundog View Post
    The most important one may be the improved steering nozzle that eliminates the 'dead zones' to either side of center which makes for jumpy (seems like 'sensitive') steering.

Then (in order of importance - or what usually breaks first) would come the grease port mod, the stuffing tube support elimination and the easier battery containment mod. Be aware the stuffing tube support mod (puts a bearing at the stator end) will slow the boat down some, but it will be rock solid and no spider bracket to fail (requiring a jet drive replacement)

Then Pilot Johns beautiful intake grate and maybe the Reverse bucket option which replaces the nozzle trim (which is really of limited use).
    gotcha, ive been reading your threads on another forum. lots of good info!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456