Thread: ***NEW*** - Pro Boat River Jet Boat - 23"

Default ***NEW*** - Pro Boat River Jet Boat - 23"

Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

in first! Looks cool
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

If you are on Facebook, Rafael will be going LIVE on the Horizon Hobby page at 9:30CST Today... (Thursday, January 12, 2017)

"We will be going live on Horizon Hobby Facebook with special guest and product developer Rafael Lopez at 9:30 CST!!"

https://www.facebook.com/HorizonHobby/

another self righter it appears ?

Waiting to learn about shaft maintenence. I've been waiting for this release since Mickiebeez and sick RC came out with one. Lucky for me I made my own jet boat so I don't have to buy this one.

I've seen it run and it was pretty dang fast too. When I saw it there was no cockpit design yet and what Raphael chose looks much better than what he explained to me, the way I pictured it. Looks top notch. I'm impressed how this turned out! Good job Raphael
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Very cool boat. Can't wait to see it run. Facebook video with Rafael said it can run 4S. Specs say 3S? Can run in 2" of water. You can add a trim servo if you run a 3 channel radio. All pump parts are replaceable. Nice work Rafael!

Just read the manual. It looks like a major disassembly of the jet drive to grease the shaft. Otherwise, I love the design.
    Ron - The Villages, FL

https://castawaysboatworx.org/

Looks perfect for a Saturday on the lake when its too rough to run fast boats. Ill be ordering one this spring for sure

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    Just read the manual. It looks like a major disassembly of the jet drive to grease the shaft. Otherwise, I love the design.

Something VERY easily dealt with with just a speck of imagination....

Back when I converted a FASTech to a jet, I simply drilled a small hole through the housing into the stuffing tube, and threaded in a water cooling nipple. Just remove the cap and inject some lubricating oil. Done... Never had to remove the shaft again.

Shaft_Lubing.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Darin Jordan View Post
    Something VERY easily dealt with with just a speck of imagination....

Back when I converted a FASTech to a jet, I simply drilled a small hole through the housing into the stuffing tube, and threaded in a water cooling nipple. Just remove the cap and inject some lubricating oil. Done... Never had to remove the shaft again.

Shaft_Lubing.JPG
    Great idea.
    Ron - The Villages, FL

https://castawaysboatworx.org/

Sweet! Nice alternative to buying an over priced NQD and putting good parts inside! Fun river/creek boat, plus makes a fantastic rescue boat! I'll be purchasing one, for sure.

Sure looks like it tracks straighter than the ole NQD, which is welcome

A very cool addition to Pro Boats line-up......and AQ still lags way behind in any new options.

Yea what is up with aqua. nothing new for sometime now?

would be nice to know the impeller size and what material ? plastic?composite?metal? motorpower?

Nice! Is that Rafael & Darin in the cockpit?
    Proboat Voracity-E 36" , Proboat Zelos 36 Twin , Proboat Miss Geico 29" , Traxxas Spartan, Fightercat Daytona, Zonda

look what i found

I was wondering if this can be run on 4S since it is mentioned in the instructions and since it comes with a 4S capable 90A ESC.

The instructions also mentioned the self righting works better with the weight of a 4S pack.

Either way, I plan on getting this one for sure.
    Current boats
    Aquacraft Cajun Commander, Aquacraft Mini Alligator Tours - brushless, ProBoat Blackjack 9, ProBoat Impulse 9, ProBoat Recoil 17, ProBoat Blackjack 24, ProBoat Shockwave 26 BL V3

Rafael typically writes the instructions. If he says it can do 4S, I would believe it, and bet that he has run it that way himself.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

I like that the jet system lets this boat run in almost no water, as Rafael's videos of it running in a gutter or a rain-flooded street show. That really opens up opportunities to run that aren't available to boats with props. It's very versatile.

This jet boat looks perfect for my son, since he can run it over lily pads or other water plants without a problem. The size is about right, too. His birthday is coming up...
    Last edited by skeeler; 02-18-2017 at 08:26 PM.
    Revolt 30, River Jet, Southampton Tug, Outcast 6S BLX, 8ight-E, Ten-SCBE, 22 2.0.
    '09 Miata.
    Ibanez basses and guitars. Mapex drums, Zildjian cymbals.

I understand how adding a servo and third channel will give you pitch trim on the fly, but Rafael's video showed some sort of mix between the steering and the pitch trim servo. Can someone explain to me what that accomplishes?
    Revolt 30, River Jet, Southampton Tug, Outcast 6S BLX, 8ight-E, Ten-SCBE, 22 2.0.
    '09 Miata.

Hey Guys, sorry I'd not been in this section for a while. I've been busy running jet boats in the street.

The boat indeed runs on 4s. I run 3200 Eflite 4s packs. On 4s, because of the self fight feature and the rotating mass of the outrunner coupled with the weighted motor coupler the boat will pull to one side a bit in open water. In that latest video, I ran the boat on 3s and was at around 1/2 throttle the entire time and would only hit full throttle to swing the transom around. My boat doesn't self right anymore. I swapped my weighted coupler with a straight 5mm/4mm coupler from OSE. Don't get me wrong, the self right feature is great, but during all my testing I can count on 1 hand the times I actually flipped the boat and needed to self right it. I can say the same thing about the Recoil 26. Everything is so low in the hull that it's really hard to flip it over under normal circumstances. So why make it self righting? Because that feature alone sells boats to people who are put off by not having a way to retrieve them if they flip. I'm sure the day will come when I flip it and wish I had never pulled the coupler out.

Skeeler, the mix I had in the video shows what is knows thrust vectoring. It allows you to mix in trim to either lower or raise the bow when you steer left or right. When you run in rough water the bow can be over taken by rapids so turning the steering wheel in one direction or the other while on throttle will add positive trim to the nozzle, lifting the bow out of the water, making the boat more maneuverable. Also, when you turn a boat it typically lays on its side so the turn can be wide and sweeping, with a large friction area. If you add positive trim when you turn it lifts the bow creating a much smaller contact area giving you a much tighter radius. Think of it this way, place your foot flat on the ground and move left to right; like windshield wiper. Now do the same thing using only your heel with the ball of your foot just a few mm above the ground; same theory. In the mix video I show an extreme amount of vectoring. In reality this is something that will have to be adjusted for specific situations; there is no preset value of mix percentage that will work in every situation. If you lift the bow too much the boat will spin out easier.

Imagine the rocket below turning left to right as the trim changes. Hopefully you can imagine how the contact patch with the water changes as it does that.
    Rafael Lopez
    Product Developer-Pro Boat
    My Facebook https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010183246751

Quote Originally Posted by Rafael_Lopez View Post
    Hey Guys, sorry I'd not been in this section for a while. I've been busy running jet boats in the street.
    Man I need to get me one of them "street" boats! Lol
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Quote Originally Posted by kfxguy View Post
    Man I need to get me one of them "street" boats! Lol
    Guess I should have added "flooded" to my street comment.
    Rafael Lopez
    Product Developer-Pro Boat
    My Facebook https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010183246751

Guess I should have added "flooded" to my street comment.
    Nah I know! I've been watching your vids you post. That boat turned out great btw, very impressed with the looks of it.

Quote Originally Posted by kfxguy View Post
    That boat turned out great btw, very impressed with the looks of it.
    Is it just me, or do the two guys in the boat look a bit like Rafael?
    '09 Miata.

Skeeler...
    Rafael, thanks for the detailed explanation. I understand now. The change in footprint makes sense.

I must point out that the "regular" steering on this jet boat is thrust vectoring. By adding the trim servo, you add another dimension to the thrust vectoring.

As I said, this boat looks pretty fun, and it opens up new opportunities to run. I'll be looking to get one of these in the spring/summer. I hope enough of these sell that ProBoat decides to offer a 30-inch version.
    '09 Miata.

Quote Originally Posted by skeeler View Post
    Is it just me, or do the two guys in the boat look a bit like Rafael?
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast