Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: ***NEW*** - Pro Boat River Jet Boat - 23"

1,st run today was a disaster . after I run first lipo pack around 3-4 min radio lost connection and lost all control ( not LVC ). I manage to recover the boat. after I rebind the radio and calibrate throttle. I try a new run whit fresh lipo pack. but it lost connection again and lost boat I will try to recover it tomorrow if I can find it.

you were so far away you couldn't see it? or it get swept away? how you lose sight of it?
    volantex vector pro ,proboat veles 29 , traxxas spartan, hobbyking/tfl pursuit ,ft009 with rescue rigging

Quote Originally Posted by prepered View Post
    1,st run today was a disaster . after I run first lipo pack around 3-4 min radio lost connection and lost all control ( not LVC ). I manage to recover the boat. after I rebind the radio and calibrate throttle. I try a new run whit fresh lipo pack. but it lost connection again and lost boat I will try to recover it tomorrow if I can find it.
    You know thats odd you mention this. My radio system glitched a couple times the first few times I used the boat. I just pulled the stock crap out and put my normal stuff I use in it. No issues since then. Sorry about the boat, hopefully you find it. Where exactly where you running? How did you lose sight of it?

Quote Originally Posted by Mxkid261 View Post
    You know thats odd you mention this. My radio system glitched a couple times the first few times I used the boat. I just pulled the stock crap out and put my normal stuff I use in it. No issues since then. Sorry about the boat, hopefully you find it. Where exactly where you running? How did you lose sight of it?
    Got it back today after 24 hour in the ice Now I have to find out what went wrong whit radio or ESC. Danm every time I buy a new Proboat the sh*t breaks in 1/2 a lipo pack.

proboat river i is.jpg proboat river recover after 24 hour.jpg

Glad you at least found it! I would try a re-bind and if it still acts up contact horizon or just ditch the stuff. I've never had good luck with spektrum but its always been with their bottom dollar stuff. I tried the stock river jet radio in a motley crue a week ago that I'm selling to a buddy and it glitched a couple times. I took the stuff out and its in a box of spare crap where it'll stay forever probably Lol.

Glad you at least found it! I would try a re-bind and if it still acts up contact horizon or just ditch the stuff. I've never had good luck with spektrum but its always been with their bottom dollar stuff. I tried the stock river jet radio in a motley crue a week ago that I'm selling to a buddy and it glitched a couple times. I took the stuff out and its in a box of spare crap where it'll stay forever probably Lol.

Yeah for sure I will test it whit one of my other radios / receiver when its dry up. I also think its a *!***!***!***!** radio.

Here is wa what happed. https://youtu.be/Qdo9_73Yotw
    Last edited by prepered; 03-30-2018 at 04:03 PM.

Made the lube hole and add a nippel from a water cap . turn out nice much easy to lube the shaft now

IMG_9059.jpg 7d70acc4-ba67-4279-a5e9-3d470f1ab902.jpg IMG_9063.jpg

Nice work. Hope you get your radio issues worked out too.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Quote Originally Posted by fweasel View Post
    Nice work. Hope you get your radio issues worked out too.
    Yes I install another radio / receiver so should be gode to go for a test tommorow.

Test it out whit new radio system today and now it works as it suppose to. Run 2 lipo pack whit no issue.

https://youtu.be/0sQOymMpujU
    Last edited by prepered; 04-01-2018 at 10:38 AM.

Glad to see everything worked out for you.

Glad to see everything worked out for you.
    Yeah Thanks finally it works as it suppose to Will contact proboat about the faulty radio system. I notice when I run full speed its very difficult to turn smooth I think its about the stock nozzle does it help whit the upgrade nozzle. Will it make it more easy to control. ?

Yes turning in general sucks with the stock nozzle until you reduce the I.D of it. You can purchase the nozzle the one guy makes, or simply install something like this into the stock nozzle like I did.

https://www.grainger.com/product/12R...180402162714:s

Yes turning in general sucks with the stock nozzle until you reduce the I.D of it. You can purchase the nozzle the one guy makes, or simply install something like this into the stock nozzle like I did.

https://www.grainger.com/product/12R...180402162714:s
    I will look into this issue whit nozzle . Thanks for your help appreciate it

Have any one try put a inrunnner in there River jet. I have a DYNM3910 is that to much power for it. ?? will also replace esc whit a 120 amp seaking. Good or bade idear

IMG_9113.jpg IMG_9114.jpg

i would think you will lose the self righting ability
    volantex vector pro ,proboat veles 29 , traxxas spartan, hobbyking/tfl pursuit ,ft009 with rescue rigging

I believe Rafael Lopez runs an inrunner on his, but I don't recall the specs. You will definitely loose the self righting feature with an inrunner motor, like boatsrnew2me mentioned.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

I installed a Leopard 3650 1650kv motor in my River Jet and it runs perfectly on 4S. Everything runs much cooler and more efficiently compared to the stock 2300kv outrunner.

As far as flipping the boat, I've only had it happen twice and I didn't find the self righting feature to work too well and I think the constant back and forth motion is hard on the electronics and might be at least partially to blame for motors from the original production run throwing magnets but some might disagree with me on this but that's cool.
    Current boats
    Aquacraft Cajun Commander, Aquacraft Mini Alligator Tours - brushless, ProBoat Blackjack 9, ProBoat Impulse 9, ProBoat Recoil 17, ProBoat Blackjack 24, ProBoat Shockwave 26 BL V3

Inrunner vs an outrunner probably depends on your intentions with the boat. I self-right mine almost every time I run it, but mine has never even seen flat water. I only use it in rapids, so flipping happens sometime's, and it's really convenient to blip the throttle a couple times and roll it over instead of chasing it down river. I'll add, I have the version 2 so the motor may be better quality than the originals, and I only run on 3s. The boat self rights very easily for me, 1/4 throttle at most, is all about rocking it a little. I have been beating the crap out of mine and it has held up pretty good so far. Just added a skid plate to the keel, it takes a beating on the rocks.

29793410_10160246279515716_3395055319894816326_n.jpg

There you go! More need to get on that Aluminum Train! Nicely done!

Mxkid261, you might consider grinding a taper on the leading edge of your skid plate so it won't catch on anything. FTR, I don't make the upgraded steering nozzle, I just designed it. Shapeways makes them out of super durable Nylon. Sundog
    Legend 36 sailboat, KMB Powerjet Ed Hardy Viper, ABC jet pwrd BBY Oval Master, ABC Hobby Jetski, NQD Tear Into's, HK Discovery 500, MickieBeez pwrd Jet Rigger!, Davette/Gravtix jet sprint, KMB Powerjet Pursuit, NQD pwrd Jet Catamaran!,Steam pwrd African Queen, Sidewinder airboat, Graupner Eco Power

Quote Originally Posted by sundog View Post
    Mxkid261, you might consider grinding a taper on the leading edge of your skid plate so it won't catch on anything. FTR, I don't make the upgraded steering nozzle, I just designed it. Shapeways makes them out of super durable Nylon. Sundog
    Thanks I did end up putting a bevel on the front end

An led light bar and cooler of beer made things interesting at my buddies this past weekend

6B2214F0-17DA-459F-9C65-566D19DC3093.jpg

Hi everyone. Sorry if I am not posting this in the right area. I bought two new River Jet 23 Boats at the end of March. One for me and one for my son. The steering on both is sluggish to return to centre after steering right. I haven't used mine yet as I have tried to help my son with his over the last two weekends. I have a major issue with his. Both times the boat became unresponsive. The first time I assumed it was the 5000mAh 3S Li-po that the retailer recommended. I bought volt checker / alarm and fitted it for him this weekend before setting the alarm to sound at 3.5v. The boat became unresponsive and when I brought it in the battery was reading 3.8v. There was some water in the boat so I let it dry out a little. When I turned it back on the esc didn't go through the usual start up sequence. Instead there was nothing and the on light illuminated. After a couple of seconds the esc started to beep / flash green once every second or so and the transmitter didn't work when I tried to steer right or left. My son has only been using the boat on 50% power whilst learning to use it but has bashed into the concrete edging of our local lake with it a few times. Lots of scratches but no holes thankfully. Does anyone know why the esc is beeping / flashing and the boat is not responding?

Quote Originally Posted by NewbieRiverJet View Post
    Hi everyone. Sorry if I am not posting this in the right area. I bought two new River Jet 23 Boats at the end of March. One for me and one for my son. The steering on both is sluggish to return to centre after steering right. I haven't used mine yet as I have tried to help my son with his over the last two weekends. I have a major issue with his. Both times the boat became unresponsive. The first time I assumed it was the 5000mAh 3S Li-po that the retailer recommended. I bought volt checker / alarm and fitted it for him this weekend before setting the alarm to sound at 3.5v. The boat became unresponsive and when I brought it in the battery was reading 3.8v. There was some water in the boat so I let it dry out a little. When I turned it back on the esc didn't go through the usual start up sequence. Instead there was nothing and the on light illuminated. After a couple of seconds the esc started to beep / flash green once every second or so and the transmitter didn't work when I tried to steer right or left. My son has only been using the boat on 50% power whilst learning to use it but has bashed into the concrete edging of our local lake with it a few times. Lots of scratches but no holes thankfully. Does anyone know why the esc is beeping / flashing and the boat is not responding?
    Hi i hade same problem, 1.st the servo is slow I can't return to center very well. replace it. 2. My did get a faulty receiver after about 30 sek in 1.st run. got a new on warranty.

Thanks for the reply. I have emailed the retailer and horizon about the problem today so hopefully one or the other will come back and offer the replacement receiver. Did yours flash and beep too? Did you have to buy a new servo or did you get a replacement under warranty?

Quote Originally Posted by NewbieRiverJet View Post
    Thanks for the reply. I have emailed the retailer and horizon about the problem today so hopefully one or the other will come back and offer the replacement receiver. Did yours flash and beep too? Did you have to buy a new servo or did you get a replacement under warranty?
    Yes mine did flash green and made bip bip bip. about the servo I both a better one don't think the replacement one on warranty will be better.

Replace the stock S603 servo with an S605 servo. Works much better and even though it's a tad larger, it will fit without an issue. It also has metal gears so it will be more durable as well.
    Current boats
    Aquacraft Cajun Commander, Aquacraft Mini Alligator Tours - brushless, ProBoat Blackjack 9, ProBoat Impulse 9, ProBoat Recoil 17, ProBoat Blackjack 24, ProBoat Shockwave 26 BL V3

Very good feeling on this slalom course.

Today second try on canoe slalom course.
    Made foam roof for quicker self righting as you don’t have time for classic one in such wild water.
    Steering nozzle trim is now full up and its much better on big waves. It can jump now well :)

thinking about one of these for my upcoming river trip, how are the "new" ones holding up?
    looks like immediate upgrades are the grease port and bottom intake, any others?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast