Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 NAMBA "Super Nat's" in Las Vegas Announcement

I just paid my entry. The schedule works well for me with the equipment I still have (and scraped back together). It will be the biggest NAMBA Nat's event ever and I look forward to supporting it and my District! Plus, Vegas in October is appealing.

The first 4 days of the event offers the following FE Classes: P-Ltd Mono, P-Ltd OPC, LSH, P-Ltd Cat, P Sport Hydro, P Mono, P-Cat and P-Ltd Hydro. That's not too bad for an all inclusive Nat's! More classes are offered after the 4 days (I'll list below) but I only plan on staying the first 4 days. What's crazy is that our DD will be there 13 days. Talk about dedication!

5th day: No FE Class
    6th day: Q Mono
    7th day: Q Sport Hydro
    8th Day: 1/10th Scale Modern and Vintage. Scale Unlimited also runs, but I don't know if that includes FE 1/8th scales.

for someone who doesn't know all the different classes that entry form needs a lot of work. So other than 1/10th scale exactly what are the electric classes?
    "Our society strives to avoid any possibility of offending anyone except God.
    Billy Graham

Seems just as clear as any other NAMBA FE event entry form. Here are the FE offerings. If anyone needs more info, just ask.

Saturday, Oct 21st. P-Ltd Mono and P-Ltd OPC

Sunday, Oct 22nd. P-Ltd Sport Hydro and P-Ltd Cat

Monday, Oct 23rd. P-Sport Hydro and P Mono

Tuesday, Oct 24th. P-Cat and P-Ltd Hydro

Wed, Oct 25th. No FE Classes

Thursday, Oct 26th. Q Mono

Friday, Oct 27th: Q Sport Hydro

Saturday, Oct 28th: 1/10 Scale Vintage, 1/10th Scale modern and I don't know what's included in Scale Unlimited.

Ditto

That's be a big bucket of nope fer me.
    Noisy person

Quote Originally Posted by D. Newland View Post
    I just paid my entry. The schedule works well for me with the equipment I still have (and scraped back together). It will be the biggest NAMBA Nat's event ever and I look forward to supporting it and my District! Plus, Vegas in October is appealing.

The first 4 days of the event offers the following FE Classes: P-Ltd Mono, P-Ltd OPC, LSH, P-Ltd Cat, P Sport Hydro, P Mono, P-Cat and P-Ltd Hydro. That's not too bad for an all inclusive Nat's! More classes are offered after the 4 days (I'll list below) but I only plan on staying the first 4 days. What's crazy is that our DD will be there 13 days. Talk about dedication!

5th day: No FE Class
    6th day: Q Mono
    7th day: Q Sport Hydro
    8th Day: 1/10th Scale Modern and Vintage. Scale Unlimited also runs, but I don't know if that includes FE 1/8th scales.
    No fe 1/8th scale

Folks the logistical side is there is no way to run every class in every fuel type.. it would take way over 2 weeks..the focus was in most popular classes from last 4 nationals in every fuel type.. this has never been attempted before..it is no light undertaking.. that being said.. bring out your boats and let's have some fun..

I'm in for p limited cat.. mono.. sport hydro
    P cat.. mono and sport
    Q mono
    G1 mono.. cat and rigger
    Gx mono and cat
    1/10th modern scale.. maybevintage

Quote Originally Posted by rayzerdesigns View Post
    ..the focus was in most popular classes from last 4 nationals in every fuel type..
    This just occurred to me. If previous NATS participation is the basis for the classes offered then this class list will be THE list forever and ever amen. 2018,2019, etc will reference back to the year before for data. No other classes will have numbers from the previous nats to justify inclusion in a current nats...........because they didn't run at the nats the previous year. Typing in circles.

You guys that own T boats or 1/8 scale might as well sell em. If you're NAMBA nats usual suspect that is. Q, P cat, all of the offshore classes? Done. Those classes will not ever make the cut again. Well.....how could they? They won't be run at a nats so they can get the numbers to get run at a nats so they can get numbers...............to get run at the nats...........owe....my head hurts.
    Noisy person

Ohh terry.. that's not it.. yes that's how it had to be done this year.. a lot of nitro and gas classes aren't going to be run either.. whoever runs nats next year especially if it's a stand aline fe nats can run all the classes..don't stir the pot glue sniffer.. lol..nonoffshore at vegas due to size and time constraints.. by the way I like ur idea at Michigan cup to do 8 laps.. and also in 2016 fe nats.. there were no q cats or t cats or monos.. like you said hard to travel.. we tried to come up again with classes that would fuel 2 full heats..i for one would love to see a stand alone fe nats next yesr.. we shall see..

Just bust'n yer chops Ray. Honestly, I'm picturing a bunch of dudes hung over trying to race. Sucks to be a fuel burner those days.

Does make ya wonder what's next though.
    Noisy person

Lol.its gonna be interesting for sure

Hey guys and gals wanted to post a few things about the fe side of super nats.. we are going to be doing tech since this is a nationals.. Brian Buass started this last year at the2016 fe nats and it worked great.. how it is going to work is there will be an area off of the hot pits with 2 or 3 tables.. you will be required to have your boats and batteries there in the heat before you are up to race.. battery voltage will be teaches as will be looking at the spec motor classes.. then you tape up on that table and ready for your heat.. this worked extremely well at last years nats.. and kept everything on time.. the second thing is class sponsorships.. it is $150 for a class sponsorship.. I will post a list of what classes are still available in next day or two.. looking fwd to see everyone

Ray, front side tech? Not to go all "Darin" on ya but where is that in the book?
    Noisy person

Quote Originally Posted by T.S.Davis View Post
    Ray, front side tech? Not to go all "Darin" on ya but where is that in the book?
    Since you drug me into this...

I'd say this about covers it...

Voltage_Check.jpg

You see... sometimes we here in NAMBA DO do things right, official, and pretty clearly.
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

Bam, right back at ya:)

Mark

We will be teching battery voltage and in limited limited classes will be making sure namba legal motors..

Terry I know ur busting my balls. But we did battery tech and motor tech at nats last year.. and it seriously made the program run smoother.. no waiting around for people shooting the *!***!***!***!** in their pits and talking.. we will be on tight time schedule this year and this will help

How is this going to work if im in back to back heats. Im running in gas classes too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by oscarel View Post
    How is this going to work if im in back to back heats. Im running in gas classes too.

We will work around that.. but it shouldn't be a problem..you could have ur electric boat on the stand before..and be ready u would have extra time.. it's not really a complicated thing.. in all honesty running tech this way keeps us on time..

Cool, just want to make sure its covered, looking forward to the race!

Will you guys be tearing down the gas motors to check them prior to racing? Or just if someone pays the protest fee as prescribed by the rule book? Sorry guys, "make it up as you go" will get you in trouble eventually. Just because you did it before doesn't make it right. That's just like the old "well they allowed me to run boat x,y,z at the nats one time so it must be hence forth legal". Nope. Not how it works.

There are no provisions in the rule book for front side teching setups. It's the racers responsibility to comply with the rules. It only becomes the responsibility of others to verify compliance upon receipt of a protest in writing and with the appropriate fee being paid. Then it goes to committee. It isn't subjected to the interpretation of just the contest director nor a chairman. I don't know what the impetus was for this standard but they likely had a reason for it. The way you guys are doing it basically negates the protest process and puts the onus on the FE chairman. Brian wont mind but it's not his job. Not per the book. Chairman gives you no powers.

It's yer rodeo, do what ya want but it ain't right. You may want to check with people higher up the food chain before you set such a precedence. I'm actually not busting yer nuts now Ray. Seriously, look into a little bit before you commit. Worth asking for opinions on it. Seems like a nothing thing but there may be ripple effects.

We've hosted 3 times too. I get it. Keep the train moving. If you want to make up time, run some heats without the guys that are bs'n in their pit when they should be getting to their heat or simply try to run more classes than they can handle. That's where we all as hosts screw up. We wait for guys that don't give a crap about their fellow racers or the crew putting on a race that have to wait on them. I've actually laid down on the drivers stand in frustration. A combined race will be a much better environment to teach FE guys to get it together. It's a pet peeve of mine. The fuel guys got it right on the money the way they do it. They don't care who ya are or where you drove in from. The clock is running. There is no "I'm on my way, just gotta tape" at a combined event. You're either ready or you missed it.

On those occasions that you are back to back you take both boats down to the hot pit. Saves a ton of time, walking, and scrambling like a lunatic. You end up super ready this way in my experience.
    Noisy person

Terry are u saying it's not right to tech battery voltage?? I don't know what your deal with this is?? And not sure what u call front side tech.. you can't tech voltage after the run..you may not agree with it but the rule does state what max voltage you can start with..its simple to tech. And on top of that it should absolutely be done at a national event..again you might not agree with it but it works. I know u weren't at last years nats.. but it went great.. it truthfully made the event run smootherzz did we catch a few over charging.. yes.. we did..we were nice in the fact we made them burn off the over voltage instead of dq'ing them..again maybe you don't do it at all races I agree.. but at a national I believe it should be done.. you know as much as anyone that people are going to cheat.. this takes that out of the equation.. period.. are we going to abide by the protest rule?? Absolutely..is the gas side going to do that?? Yes.. and I know in our district races we do do stroke checks in pre hot pit area..you may not agree with it terry..I get it.. but this is the way it will be at nationals.. and should be at any national or event where records can be broken..if you don't think it would work.. I would be glad to show you at Michigan cup how easy it is to do.. and actually makes program run faster..

And not a single person complained at all last year terry.. let's not get into rule interpretations.. we all know how that gray area is..

Will you guys be tearing down the gas motors to check them prior to racing?
    I would assume not, because that's NOT in their rules. Their rules call for POST-RACE inspections...

There are no provisions in the rule book for front side teching setups.
    That is, in fact, incorrect. It IS, in fact, clearly, and precisely, in the rules... as I've posted above. 28.D.1.a.iv

Pre_Race_V.JPG

Pre_Race.JPG

Looks incredibly BLACK AND WHITE (with yellow high-lights) to me...

You honestly aren't trying to equate a engine displacement teardown with a battery pre-race voltage check, are you?? Seriously??

Don't make me come over there, Terry!

For the record... were I in charge... I'd ONLY tech the classes where a bit more voltage would actually create a performance advantage, ie: P-LTD. In that class, it can REALLY make a difference. I could detail exactly how much, but maybe just trust me on this one. It doesn't take a rocket-scientist to understand why.

In the rest of the classes, it's really not a crucial part of the performance. I wouldn't probably bother. You can pick ANY motor and ANY KV you like for those other classes. Running a little extra V/Cell isn't going to make a hill-of-beans difference, other than maybe give you a tad more capacity on your mAh.

Quote Originally Posted by rayzerdesigns View Post
    ..we all know how that gray area is..
    I'm sorry, but I don't see this as a gray area. It's CLEARLY printed in the rules. Voltage is PRE-RACE, and the CD is at liberty to tech it Pre-Race if he chooses to.

Not sure where the confusion is? Also not sure why the complaints. It's a freaking MOMENT in time and doesn't inconvenience ANYONE other than the person having to actually tech the stuff.

I'm only suggesting you follow the rules. Especially for the nats. It's a big deal because it's a nats.

Slippery slope. Any other rules you guys are making up that attendees should be aware of or just the one? Maybe the next host club can come up with some new stuff they like since the precedence for NOT following the book has already been set.
    Noisy person

Quote Originally Posted by Darin Jordan View Post
    and the CD is at liberty to tech it Pre-Race if he chooses to.
    really? Show me the page for that.
    Noisy person

I'm only suggesting you follow the rules. Especially for the nats. It's a big deal because it's a nats.

Slippery slope. Any other rules you guys are making up that attendees should be aware of or just the one? Maybe the next host club can come up with some new stuff they like since the precedence for NOT following the book has already been set.
    Terry, I'm going to assume you didn't read my THREE posts above yet, because otherwise, this sounds like none-sense. I'm not sure how more "following the rules" that host club can be doing. Did you NOT see me post THE RULES??

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast