Thread: Lipo pack being sold "pre puffed" ? :-)

Default Lipo pack being sold "pre puffed" ? :-)

Ok is it me, or does the Hobby King pack in this picture look puffed?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

sure does

I think that costs extra.
    Noisy person

"The camera always adds 10#'s"

I grilled them for about a week until they finally admitted that they keep their in stock batteries in a warehouse that is around 100*F + in summer. This might be why they don't keep much battery stock in the summer.

I think I'm done with them. Last time two years ago was a complete circus act, never again.
    Nortavlag Bulc

mo puff, mo powa
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

I think Mr.Ball is correct about the camera adding 10#s LOL
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    District 13 Director 2011- present
    IMPBA National Records Director 2009-2019
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

Quote Originally Posted by ray schrauwen View Post
    I grilled them for about a week until they finally admitted that they keep their in stock batteries in a warehouse that is around 100*F + in summer. This might be why they don't keep much battery stock in the summer.

I think I'm done with them. Last time two years ago was a complete circus act, never again.
    I can't believe that it's taken two years! Hobby King has its place, but it's nothing more than gambling at its best.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Smock View Post
    I think Mr.Ball is correct about the camera adding 10#s LOL

Quote Originally Posted by longballlumber View Post
    I can't believe that it's taken two years! Hobby King has its place, but it's nothing more than gambling at its best.
    Yeah, I just don't understand people. With all the complaints I've read concerning HK on other sites such as RC groups, why do people insist on buying from them when there are other, better outlets? Maybe they just like to put themselves into that position out of some masochistic disorder.
    I bought Hyperions, Pulse, Gens Ace and now from Dinogy. I do a lot of electric flying as well so I have lots of packs, probably more than I need.
    I stay away from HK. IF others wish to take their chances, that's their choice.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnZ View Post
    Yeah, I just don't understand people. With all the complaints I've read concerning HK on other sites such as RC groups, why do people insist on buying from them when there are other, better outlets? Maybe they just like to put themselves into that position out of some masochistic disorder.
    I bought Hyperions, Pulse, Gens Ace and now from Dinogy. I do a lot of electric flying as well so I have lots of packs, probably more than I need.
    I stay away from HK. IF others wish to take their chances, that's their choice.
    Up until recently Hobbyking used to let customers write down their orders to avoid taxes and duty. This does not apply to USA for some odd reason however I Canada we get fleeced on any purchases because of duty and taxes.

For many years Hobbyking was selling solid batteries and us Canucks could get away cheap like you Yanks. Not anymore. Gone are the days we could buy $200 US worth of batteries and not worry about taxes or duty when the package was marked, "$20 toys".

Now it's like buying from any USA vendor so we get hammered at the door.

First we lose on the exchange since everything online is priced in US dollars then any country except USA gets taxed plus duty or "handling" charges.

A $100 purchase in USA $ quickly changes into $200 Canuckistan loonies.

That's why some people shop China.
    Nortavlag Bulc

I don't order much from HK, nothing in the past year. I always tried to be quite discerning in my purchases, but realized it was a crap shoot. I did have good luck with three of their "Heavy Duty" packs, and two outrunner motors for airboats. As I think back, that's about all I've purchased from them in the past three years....

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

Quote Originally Posted by ray schrauwen View Post
    Up until recently Hobbyking used to let customers write down their orders to avoid taxes and duty. This does not apply to USA for some odd reason however I Canada we get fleeced on any purchases because of duty and taxes.

For many years Hobbyking was selling solid batteries and us Canucks could get away cheap like you Yanks. Not anymore. Gone are the days we could buy $200 US worth of batteries and not worry about taxes or duty when the package was marked, "$20 toys".

Now it's like buying from any USA vendor so we get hammered at the door.

First we lose on the exchange since everything online is priced in US dollars then any country except USA gets taxed plus duty or "handling" charges.

A $100 purchase in USA $ quickly changes into $200 Canuckistan loonies.

That's why some people shop China.
    Ray I understand HK were forced into stopping the methods they were using re no taxes to pay, as what they were doing was illegal. In the UK there were big increases in costs over what they were previously, I also understand HK sales are down quite a lot since the price increases due to taxes.

Well, someone's gotta pay for all the "free Canadian healthcare".

nothing serious