Well thought I would see if some of you folks might have some experience and/or ideas on P-Limited boats. I am going to build a P-Limited boat this winter so I have another club class that I can run this 2017 season. I have built 3 different ML Boat Works kits from Mike and they have always been top notch kits that fit very precise and the wood is superior.

So my thoughts were either the GP 310 or the GSX 310. I love how the new GSX series go together. But I also know the GP 310 has also been proved as a good winner this year. Congrats to Doug! So has anyone else had some experience with either of these hulls in the P-Limited Class? Talked to Mike for a bit on this and his take on it is there really is not a whole lot of difference in the hulls except that the air bleeds run all the way through the length of the sponson's on the GSX 310.

Our club also just changed this year to IMPBA which puts us under some different rules for motors and expanding the choices a bit. My thought at this point was to build the GSX 310 with a TP 3630, 1950Kv on 4S. Nice thing with the GSX series is the room it has up front for batteries. So I can experiment with different Mah batteries and weight distribution.

I think the biggest thing for me personally is to concentrate on building a solid hull, but light. I have a tendency to over do it. I know the Pearl I built last year was a solid boat, but really tried to get it lighter. It was actually quite competitive this year with a good overall second place record. Will be experimenting with some props this spring. Watch out MMEU...LOL

Please feel free to comment on boats and power packages....trying to get something ordered by next week.

Thanks guys....

Have a great Holiday!

Mike