Thread: 240 HV Pro 2 - Where is the Anti-Spark Wire?

Default 240 HV Pro 2 - Where is the Anti-Spark Wire?

I bought a used 240 HV Pro 2 from Steven about a month ago. I was looking at the positive wire and noticed the anti-spark resistor is completely covered in heat shrink and there is no small wire coming from it (see picture). I have seen other pictures of the Esc with a small wire coming from the resistor on the positive lead. My SeaKing has a similar anti-spark setup (resistor on the main lead, small wire from resistor to the bullet connector).

How exactly do I use the anti-spark resistor? Do I need to cut away the heat shrink and solder on a small wire?

swordfish_resistor_lead.jpg

You will need to get to the end of the resistor. They came with a small bullet connector but you should be able to solder to it.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

This isn't a swordfish, but this is how I do mine.

20161208_101159.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply. The heat shrink over the 8mm bullet was covering the female connector to the resistor. I cut that back to reveal the 1mm connector to the resistor, but I don't have the male connector with the small wire. I'll have to either solder directly to it or find a 1mm male connector. Thanks again.