Thread: UL-1 motor timing

Default UL-1 motor timing

Hey guys I was wondering if anyone has played with the timing on one of these motors and if so what were you able to set it to and not burn up a motor or esc and get a little more out of the motor

thanks John

I know 15 works really good on the 1800kv and 2030kv.

It's probably important to note the OEM UL-1 Controller states 10 degrees in their specs.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXVSV4&P=7

Later,
    Ball

longballlumber is correct on what Aquacraft states. I have been running Seaking 120 on the 1800 and a Seaking 180 on 2030 and the temps have been around 110 degrees across the board after about 3 1/2 minutes of running. That's on 6s and 15 on the timing.

ok thanks guys I'm running 4S not 6S so do I assume with less cells more timing isn't an issue or even the other way around ? I want to be safe but was wondering if I can get a little bit more out of the setup

It is the load which determines the timing advance, the more load the more timing is required. The RTR setup is moderate amp draw and works well at ten degrees. I ran my 2030 motor in an aggressive P-LSH and used 15 degrees with great success.

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for