Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Project VooDoo mono build

What's up fellas. Little lagging on this build. Time to get back to it. Ran a boat last weekend so I'm getting excited again. Worked on voodoo a little this evening. Made the servo mount/electronics platform. I like the way it turned out I can't lie. Simple but neat and effective.

I like how the servo ended up centered.

32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Looks good Travis, good to see you here pal.

I assume you have been busy like myself.

Quote Originally Posted by srislash View Post
    Looks good Travis, good to see you here pal.

I assume you have been busy like myself.

Thx. Yea I've been preoccupied with things here lately. been selling off a bunch of my stuff and just making more room in my shop. I sold two fourwheelers, one of my boats and three bare hulls. I still have two Rivercat's, two mini Rivercat's, kbb34 and an hpr99. I think I'm keeping all of those except (maybe) one of them. Having all those hulls to build just distracts me so I had to let some go so I could get focused again. I'm getting caught back up finally so I'll be able to breathe soon I hope.
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

What kind of servo is that I like the green case

Looks like a RadioPost Servo.

Travis....looking good, bud!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mxkid261 View Post
    What kind of servo is that I like the green case
    It's a radio post. Very good servo but I don't think they are around anymore. I've been switching out to spektrum here lately, if you want one, I'd trade you this one for a particular spektrum because originally I was painting the boat green but I think I changed my mind. I think I want to go with this color

Btw, this is createx water base and upol clear.....out of a rattle can! It looks like I sprayed with a gun.

The createx water base comes in a rattle can as well?
    NEVER SATISFIED RACING
    Fine Design 32 V-Hull 4082+6s

Nope...just the clear...the UPOL clear

I've been wanting to try that stuff
    NEVER SATISFIED RACING

Hatch color looks great! Keep up the great work on the build, can't wait to see what you can manage with it.

Quote Originally Posted by kfxguy View Post
    It's a radio post. Very good servo but I don't think they are around anymore. I've been switching out to spektrum here lately, if you want one, I'd trade you this one for a particular spektrum because originally I was painting the boat green but I think I changed my mind. I think I want to go with this color

Btw, this is createx water base and upol clear.....out of a rattle can! It looks like I sprayed with a gun.

See, isn't it awesome. I loves the Upol.
    And speaking of, I really should get back to painting.

You are lucky to have so many good options for painting......unfortunetely I only have the trusty traditional PPG Pu painting here for my nitro boats. Gill
    GO FAST AND TURN RIGHT !
    www.grsboats.com.br

Couple little nice touches I did yesterday. First is I hate how the servo wire just dangles. I milled a slot in the bottom of the servo mount to run the wire through. The open space under the servo also allows me to push the excess wire in there for a even cleaner look.

I wanted to be able to keep tabs on my battery voltage. I was digging through my parts stash and found this little guy and just had to find a spot for it. Not too bad! It even lights up green to match the servo. It's also epoxy potted.

Looking nice! Gill
    GO FAST AND TURN RIGHT !
    www.grsboats.com.br

I like the volt meter. Does it plug in to the receiver or is it spliced in some other way? Do you recall who makes that?
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

I've been toying with doing that but making it visible through the hatch.
    NEVER SATISFIED RACING

Nice paint! Hatch h looks like it's from a Cheetah.
    Nortavlag Bulc

Thanks fellas. Yes that's a cheetah hatch.

I haven't wired it in just yet. Trying to decide how I'm doing it. Choices are tying it in before the bec and it reads total voltage or running the wire up by the battery connector and plug into a balance plug to see the individual cell voltage. I'd rather see individual cell voltage (just one cell is fine).
    Here's an eBay link for the correct search for the gauge. http://www.ebay.com/sch/sis.html?_nk...72.m2749.l2658

Little update. Worked on it some and it's almost done. I decided to try something different with the esc. The power wires are doubled so I ran one set to one battery and another set to the other. On my first runs I'll take note of wire temps to see if they are not liking that arrangement.

Here the esc

IMG_9001.jpg

Here's the wiring and cooling hose how I run it so it's neat and out the way.

IMG_9003.jpg

And here is how it sits. What I have left: floatation, stuffing tube and flex, steering linkage and install the turn fins , trim tabs and water outlet. Well I forgot about hatch bolts and seal too.

IMG_9007.jpg

IMG_9005.jpg

IMG_9006.jpg

I like it! Looks like great weight distribution, short wire runs. Nicely thought out!

Build style looks familiar. Nice work bud!
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Thanks fellas!

So I like to use bearings in pretty much all my struts. Through trial and error I've found the bearing can pop out if there's nothing but loctite holding them in the strut so I machine the strut for a snap ring groove and install a tiny stainless snap ring.

IMG_9012.jpg

I machined the drive dog to have a step on it.

IMG_9013.jpg

I like to do this sometimes, my thoughts are it keeps water out of the strut. When the flex shortens under load the gap is taken up and the stepped part goes inside the strut (the bearings are inset) and water does have an easy path to flow into.
    Note: in this pic the small gap I run isn't shown, just shows how the drive dog goes into the strut.

IMG_9014.jpg

Hello my favorite boating people. Had a little snafu last week (long story, ended up in the hospital for a couple days) but I did have a few minutes to piddle with it and get a few key things done. I mounted the turn fins, made my custom heavy dirty steering rod and then put the Velcro strips for the battery trays. I think all I have left now is put some flotation and do the hatch bolts and seal then paint it. Not decided on color yet but I'm leaning towards that sexy green my last one was.

Man I'm trying to post better pics than with the option we have here. I downloaded Imgur but it's not directly loading it. You have to click a link. Any other ideas?

IMG_9042.jpg

IMG_9043.jpg

IMG_9044.jpg

So I finally finished it. Question. Should I paint it or just run it in white? Only thing i haven't done yet is the hatch see.

Last edited by kfxguy; 08-26-2017 at 05:12 PM.

What esc is that? I love the black heat shrink on the red series jumper. Always bugs me to have two reds on one connector

Quote Originally Posted by fweasel View Post
    What esc is that? I love the black heat shrink on the red series jumper. Always bugs me to have two reds on one connector
    Dang I can't believe you can see that. Bothers me too that's why I do it lol.

It's and MGM 25035 x2 lite esc. Very very smooth throttle response. I really wanted a sf300x for this thing but the only thing I had that may hold up was this one. It's 240 amps and will run up to 8s. You can turn the motor so slow that you can almost count the blades on the prop.

Larry I see you posted and then deleted your post. That was a test pic. I was tired of using the furum pic uploaded so I was experimenting with picture hosting sites. Finally found one that's as easy or easier and faster than Photobucket and it's free. Efff Photobucket.

Here's a repost of images in better quality

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast