Thread: swordfish 120 + pro

Default swordfish 120 + pro

hey guys I have an aquacraft UL1 and it is stock except for the swordfish speed control I am trying to run in it.
    - first problem is I plug everything in and the esc beeps 5 times to tell me I am running 5S but I am only running 4S. To solve that problem I tried to use the program box and set it for 4S and then plugged everything in and the steering servo works beautifully but the esc and motor don't even twitch.

- second problem pertains to the first as when I get 5 beeps out of the esc telling me I am running 5S but I'm only running 4S and I try the throttle the motor does turn over but there is no feathering of the throttle. The throttle will jump to full throttle and then travel all over the place just by touching the throttle. I am using a futaba 3PL transmitter that bound with no problems.

any help would be appreciated as I don't feel it is safe to run this boat at this moment but absolutely love running it

thanks John

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyb5.0 View Post
    hey guys I have an aquacraft UL1 and it is stock except for the swordfish speed control I am trying to run in it.
    - first problem is I plug everything in and the esc beeps 5 times to tell me I am running 5S but I am only running 4S. To solve that problem I tried to use the program box and set it for 4S and then plugged everything in and the steering servo works beautifully but the esc and motor don't even twitch.

- second problem pertains to the first as when I get 5 beeps out of the esc telling me I am running 5S but I'm only running 4S and I try the throttle the motor does turn over but there is no feathering of the throttle. The throttle will jump to full throttle and then travel all over the place just by touching the throttle. I am using a futaba 3PL transmitter that bound with no problems.

any help would be appreciated as I don't feel it is safe to run this boat at this moment but absolutely love running it

thanks John
    First Answer: After you set LVC to 4S, you should Calibrate throttle range of TX again.
    The step of Calibrating throttle range of TX as below:
    1st: Connect ESC to motor, plug receiver lead of ESC to throttle channel of receiver.
    2nd: Push joystick of transmitter to max throttle position, power on transmitter.
    3rd: Power on receiver, connect ESC to battery. Motor emits three beeps in drop tones.
    4th: In the following, motor will emit four long beeps in flat tones. During any one beep of the four long beeps, pull down joystick to zero position immediately.
    5th: Then motor emits two beeps in up tones. Calibrating is completed, it’s ready to fly.

Second answer: The possible reason is that the Calibrating throttle range of TX was not finished. So need Calibrate throttle range of TX again.

Any further issues, pls let us know.
    Thank you

Best regards
    Summer

thanks John
    The situation like this: pertains to the first as when we get 5 beeps out of the esc telling us we are running 5S but only running 4S.

Maybe the batteries are charged very full, and the voltage enlarge, so we get 5 beeps. Or maybe the type of voltage battery you used maybe higher than others.

''I try the throttle the motor does turn over but there is no feathering of the throttle. The throttle will jump to full throttle and then travel all over the place just by touching the throttle''

The possible problem is that we failed to calibrate throttle of TX, need to calibrate again.

Thank you

Summer

thanks for the reply summer I do appreciate it. I have used the program box and set my LVC to 4S and recalibrated the throttle range 6 more times this evening and the only difference is that after setting to 4S I do have the speed control and motor working but it is far from normal operation still. the throttle still jumps all over the place randomly. I have removed a dynamite 120amp speed control from another boat I have and it is just a plug and play esc but the throttle works beautifully . it eases into the throttle and has a nice smooth range. I do not want to leave this dynamite esc in this boat as it belongs to another boat but this swordfish is not safe to use in my opinion as I do not have definite control of the throttle

Thank you summer for your help. The batteries I am using are ONYX 5700mah 2S and they have been put into storage mode which if I remember right that puts the batteries at 70-80 % so it shouldn't be an overcharge issue. I have used the instructions that you posted above another 6 times with no change

thank you John

thanks for the reply summer I do appreciate it. I have used the program box and set my LVC to 4S and recalibrated the throttle range 6 more times this evening and the only difference is that after setting to 4S I do have the speed control and motor working but it is far from normal operation still. the throttle still jumps all over the place randomly. I have removed a dynamite 120amp speed control from another boat I have and it is just a plug and play esc but the throttle works beautifully . it eases into the throttle and has a nice smooth range. I do not want to leave this dynamite esc in this boat as it belongs to another boat but this swordfish is not safe to use in my opinion as I do not have definite control of the throttle
    Hi John,
    If it's possible to take videos for us to analyze the reason.
    sales1@hifei.com
    Thank you John
    Summer

John.
    Try reversing the throttle channel on your Transmitter.
    Make sure the throttle channel trim is set to centre first.
    The ESC may keep beeping when you plug the main packs in. It is looking for the zero point. But just adjust the center trim on the throttle channel until it stops.
    You will then need to recallibrate the throttle range.
    It may be the answer. I've seen it fix the symptoms you describe on a few ESCs at our club.

Hi summer what do you want me to make a video of? the binding esc to transmitter ? the way the throttle works afterwards ? and do you have email that I could send it to as i'm not sure how well it would post here?

Thanks John

Quote Originally Posted by Michlee View Post
    Hi John,
    If it's possible to take videos for us to analyze the reason.
    sales1@hifei.com
    Thank you John
    Summer

I'll try a little later after the kids are in bed but would the throttle not work in reverse after doing this?