Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: flier 400 amps

OK, for what it's worth I attached a few shots for size reference visually and some close up's of the cooling tubes on both ends of esc. I wanted to be as realistic as possible in my representation so I used one of my many burned out SF300's!...if I had a non-burned out unit I would have used that one LOL!
    IMG_8366.jpgIMG_8367.jpgIMG_8368.jpgIMG_8369.jpg

Successfully downloaded and installed the Flier PC software. Very easy to use program and worked perfectly so esc's are all dialed in now for setup in my 54" Mystic. Soldering up connections tonight in prep for the Maiden test(s) tomorrow....I hope! Interestingly and annoyingly, the anti-spark wire is on the negative lead unlike Swordfish. Also, esc allows for reverse too, it's a nice feature to have for those occasional times when you don't make a turn and are up against a wall of bullrushes or a mass of weeds, I set the power for reverse to 20% just to be safe but I'm sure I won't be needing it.

That's awesome. I'll admit I do like having reverse. My saw Rivercat has it.
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

I can't remember who wrote it but I remember someone having as their signature.

Cheap
    Reliable
    Fast

Pick 2.
    Noisy person

OK, esc's soldered up nicely and installed in my Mystic, what beasts they are. So tomorrow it'll be ready to blow...I mean "go".
    IMG_8371.jpg

Cool

Fingers crossed Steve!

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

Hope all goes well and we see a break in the rain buddy, Sunday for sure.

fingers crossed. how is the water flow thru the unit ?

Thanks guys, I'll video the run(s).

Waterflow seems decent but since there are four inlet and four outlets it's a fair length the water has to travel through, 4x6"=24"/esc plus silicon jumpers on the ends to loop back so probably won't flow as well/easily as say my MGM's that have just the one inlet/outlet. At least the lake is good and cold now and I'll be sure and do a visual check on water exiting as she blows by at a slower speed. For what it's worth, this exact setup on 8S/side was allowing the MGM 25063's to run literally cold after a full run.

I was mentioning earlier in the thread that these esc's have the anti-spark wires on the negative, one more thing to think about and not screw up down the road when I am running the packs for this esc in other boats with different esc's that have the normal and expected spark wires on the positives!!!

Massive success guys!!! Had to change to a different spot on my lake as the wind was blowing so was in a tighter area but worked out fine. First run was 8S/side and ABC 2215's, will post video in a moment below once uploaded to YT. Seemed to have all the power and punch of my MGM's, felt exactly the same actually, nice smooth throttle response too. Brought her in and opened her up and next to no heat whatsoever! Motor cold, batt's luke warm but most importantly, the esc's were just above cold to the touch, I wish I had not forgotten my temp sensor but I know the reading would have been very low. Of course the esc's are blocks so hard to know what's going on inside but blew out the water pipes and felt just warm.

Next run was 10S and changed props to my new Prop Shop 6515's reduced to 57mm. Reason I changed props was I knew there would be a definite blowover if I had kept the ABC's on, barely holds down on 8S because of rake/pitch. In the run, boat had huge punch, huge power, everything the MGM's could do IMO, again video below but man-o-man these esc's did not disappoint!! Made many passes but wind was picking up so had to be careful, easy to see in the video that I had to go slow one direction. Anyways, brought her in after many minutes of almost constant running and low and behold...same cold/low heat on the esc's as the 8S run!!! Next time for sure the temp sensor will be used but rest assured these esc's felt like they were nowhere near being pushed but again we don't know what's going on inside, all seems very sound. GPS reading on 10S was 108mph which is pretty amazing considering these props would be considered "moderate" for this setup. Next time out, probably tomorrow I will run my reduced X470's that produced 116mph, also have a step above that, Prop Shop 6515's reduced to 60mm but we'll see how the 470's do. Was not using my top cells either, will run new Revo 420 gopacks next time. So all in all I am thoroughly impressed with these esc's, stay tuned for continuous updates...and OP, huge thanks for starting this thread, sometimes taking a risk pays off but I better start knocking on wood and keeping my mouth shut, I know what we really need to see is long term trouble-free running.

10S with reduced 6514's

First part of the above 10S run:

For interest sake, here's the 8S run, felt really fast for 8S probably at or close to 100mph:

Excellent Steve. Glad to see the hounds let you get it in the water, haha. Really glad to hear that the 400's did not disappoint.

Quote Originally Posted by Lone-Wolf View Post
    Massive success guys!!! Had to change to a different spot on my lake as the wind was blowing so was in a tighter area but worked out fine. First run was 8S/side and ABC 2215's, will post video in a moment below once uploaded to YT. Seemed to have all the power and punch of my MGM's, felt exactly the same actually, nice smooth throttle response too. Brought her in and opened her up and next to no heat whatsoever! Motor cold, batt's luke warm but most importantly, the esc's were just above cold to the touch, I wish I had not forgotten my temp sensor but I know the reading would have been very low. Of course the esc's are blocks so hard to know what's going on inside but blew out the water pipes and felt just warm.

Next run was 10S and changed props to my new Prop Shop 6515's reduced to 57mm. Reason I changed props was I knew there would be a definite blowover if I had kept the ABC's on, barely holds down on 8S because of rake/pitch. In the run, boat had huge punch, huge power, everything the MGM's could do IMO, again video below but man-o-man these esc's did not disappoint!! Made many passes but wind was picking up so had to be careful, easy to see in the video that I had to go slow one direction. Anyways, brought her in after many minutes of almost constant running and low and behold...same cold/low heat on the esc's as the 8S run!!! Next time for sure the temp sensor will be used but rest assured these esc's felt like they were nowhere near being pushed but again we don't know what's going on inside, all seems very sound. GPS reading on 10S was 108mph which is pretty amazing considering these props would be considered "moderate" for this setup. Next time out, probably tomorrow I will run my reduced X470's that produced 116mph, also have a step above that, Prop Shop 6515's reduced to 60mm but we'll see how the 470's do. Was not using my top cells either, will run new Revo 420 gopacks next time. So all in all I am thoroughly impressed with these esc's, stay tuned for continuous updates...and OP, huge thanks for starting this thread, sometimes taking a risk pays off but I better start knocking on wood and keeping my mouth shut, I know what we really need to see is long term trouble-free running.
    happy for you. hopefully it will continue. asked srilash to contact flier and keep them updated. any idea of your amp draw so far? thanks for taking a chance. i spent close to a year messing with fightercat units. who could expect leaking water cooling blocks??!!! anyways, good news and keep us informed on progress. a couple more runs like this and will be buying one. thanks, john

Quote Originally Posted by urbs00007 View Post
    happy for you. hopefully it will continue. asked srilash to contact flier and keep them updated. any idea of your amp draw so far? thanks for taking a chance. i spent close to a year messing with fightercat units. who could expect leaking water cooling blocks??!!! anyways, good news and keep us informed on progress. a couple more runs like this and will be buying one. thanks, john
    Happy for me too ;-)

Amp-wise I really don't know but from runtime and calculations I should be no more than half way to what they are rated for under full beans...of course that is the info we need to let me figure things out for logging.

Seems the watercooling works really well, can't see any issues at all. A few tiny things that could be improved upon on the esc's are just the final touches like using brass nipples instead of straight through soft aluminum where the silicon tubes hook up, bend one of those and you're kinda done. Also I wonder about the cap's and how they will hold up, how to replace etc...but what more can we expect from a $200 esc that holds up above 100mph, I think we're doing pretty good.

Stay tuned for ramped up tests tomorrow.

I have been a flier dealer and selling via my facebook group for over a year now. Weve had good luck with them. The 250 and 300 have been some of the better units from testing. I personally use the twin 300a in my hpr 135, a paor of 250 in my hpr c5009, and use them in my mean machine and my cheetah single. The 5009 has a pair of tp4070 2200kv and on 5s it cruises nice and cool at mid to upper 80s, best of 87.6 on gps on 5s and anc 1815 props. I will be happy to email anyone a price list and can offer good discounts on 3 or more esc, i also sell car escs
    HPR 135 redemption, HPR C5009, modded zelos 36, 32 boats and counting.
    Flier ESC dealer, pm me for details.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/EliteRCBoats/

Default flier 400 amps

Quote Originally Posted by ls1fst98 View Post
    I have been a flier dealer and selling via my facebook group for over a year now. Weve had good luck with them. The 250 and 300 have been some of the better units from testing. I personally use the twin 300a in my hpr 135, a paor of 250 in my hpr c5009, and use them in my mean machine and my cheetah single. The 5009 has a pair of tp4070 2200kv and on 5s it cruises nice and cool at mid to upper 80s, best of 87.6 on gps on 5s and anc 1815 props. I will be happy to email anyone a price list and can offer good discounts on 3 or more esc, i also sell car escs
    you say the 250 and the 300 units have been better than others. so the 400 amp unit hasn't been one of the better units? or you dont have any testing on the 400?

I only know what ive sold and used personally, i have not used a 400, sold 1 and havent heard any info back. The 180s have been workimg well for others. I had 1 warranty claim that flier promptly covered without issues that ended up being user error.

how do we access your listings and pricing on the flier boat esc's?

will the fightercat program box work with these new units

Pm sent, and mine didnt work

For the record, two more clean and issue free runs today on 10S, screaming fast and running cold.

Awesome news Steve. Your probably not pushing them to the limits of 400 amps at this point tho, but working well is definitely good news. How's the driving manners? Throttle response? I can't wait to get mine and put it through its paces, my shocker pulls a good bit of power and I might be able to prop up some with this esc. I'm at the century mark with a mild un-modded prop. So hopefully this will give me some headroom to go faster.
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Cool

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

Sweet

Send me a pm if you find anymore at a good price,
    please!

Quote Originally Posted by kfxguy View Post
    Awesome news Steve. Your probably not pushing them to the limits of 400 amps at this point tho, but working well is definitely good news. How's the driving manners? Throttle response? I can't wait to get mine and put it through its paces, my shocker pulls a good bit of power and I might be able to prop up some with this esc. I'm at the century mark with a mild un-modded prop. So hopefully this will give me some headroom to go faster.
    I was planning to push harder today but the water was not perfect, stayed with the reduced 6514's, turning out to be a really nice prop for this hull BTW. Of course later today when driving by the lake again it was like glass, go figure. Anyways, I will be back tomorrow and if water is good I'll be throwing on more prop, still though I agree, nowhere near 400 amps...but the headroom is sure nice!

Quote Originally Posted by jim82 View Post
    Send me a pm if you find anymore at a good price,
    please!
    I realize now I got a killer price on mine at $200 each, lowest I have seen over the last few days is about $275.

Sidenote: Checking out the Flier website I notice there is an 800amp esc...interesting, for what I don't know other than an HPR233 but very cool nonetheless!

If i get 3 or more pple wanting a flier esc i can offer a 10% discount off my list price. Idk what the rule would be but i can post my list here if pple would like.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast