Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: flier 400 amps

Quote Originally Posted by Lone-Wolf View Post
    I realize now I got a killer price on mine at $200 each, lowest I have seen over the last few days is about $275.

Sidenote: Checking out the Flier website I notice there is an 800amp esc...interesting, for what I don't know other than an HPR233 but very cool nonetheless!
    200 is below my cost. That was a steal
    HPR 135 redemption, HPR C5009, modded zelos 36, 32 boats and counting.
    Flier ESC dealer, pm me for details.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/EliteRCBoats/

Quote Originally Posted by ls1fst98 View Post
    If i get 3 or more pple wanting a flier esc i can offer a 10% discount off my list price. Idk what the rule would be but i can post my list here if pple would like.
    I would like!

If i get 3 or more pple wanting a flier esc i can offer a 10% discount off my list price. Idk what the rule would be but i can post my list here if pple would like.
    Get ahold of Steve or one of the moderators and you could possibly post in the special section. Maybe Fluid here.
    https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...by-OSE-Members

Thanks shawn, will do. Appreciate the heads up to this thread as well.

Kaboom.. to us that have a budget. Now they are up in price it's all good though kfx dude can continue his over powered boats.

1527 neu in a river cat..lmao

Quote Originally Posted by jim82 View Post
    1527 neu in a river cat..lmao
    Lol, a 1527 is in my 100+mph single 4s powered cat....I'm running a mamba xl2 in it and it's maxed out at this point. I could go up in prop but only if I had more esc. This flier looks to be too big to fit tho. I'll check it when I get mine. I know a sf300 lite will fit....which is likely what I'll be putting if I want to push it further. I ordered my 400 today too btw.
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Quote Originally Posted by kfxguy View Post
    Lol, a 1527 is in my 100+mph single 4s powered cat....I'm running a mamba xl2 in it and it's maxed out at this point. I could go up in prop but only if I had more esc. This flier looks to be too big to fit tho. I'll check it when I get mine. I know a sf300 lite will fit....which is likely what I'll be putting if I want to push it further. I ordered my 400 today too btw.
    I doubt you need more than a 300 anyway Travis. You get 'on it' easy. And the burst currents are just that, burst for a second or two.

Hey but if you get it to fit, prop up. Odds are a 1527 will turn it.

Quote Originally Posted by srislash View Post
    I doubt you need more than a 300 anyway Travis. You get 'on it' easy. And the burst currents are just that, burst for a second or two.

Hey but if you get it to fit, prop up. Odds are a 1527 will turn it.
    Maybe not but I like the overhead. Logs show a peak of around 290 amps and when it levels off it's around 240 and temps hit 190f ish
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Hi I only saw a 100 amp for the cars can you provide your FB page or a link, thanks Chris

Ill be placing an order this week for escs if anyone is interested

I got my flier 400 in today. I'm not sure what I'm going to use this monster in. It's huge. You think a sf300 with the metal casecis big...omg. Here's some esc weights

Sf300 full case 19.20 oz
    Flier 400 26.40 oz
    MGM 240a 25035 6.6oz
    Castle ice 240 6.5oz
    Dynamite 160hv 8s capable 8.65oz (comes in zelos 48")
    Sf220 pro 6.25oz
    Ose raider 150 6.85oz in the unopened package

So as you can tell, it's huge and heavy and I'm not sure what I'm going to run it in. I suspect it will slow my mono down with that extra weight.

Sounds like a 45" HPR is in order Travis, I don't recall a single being built by anyone.

Sounds like a 45" HPR is in order Travis, I don't recall a single being built by anyone.
    That would be pretty classic and Travis is the guy to pull it off...maybe even on a 54" hull!

Wow that thing is a brick

Hmmmmm. Zelos 48 would probably like that weight. But yeah.... big mono otherwise. Nice... I want one.... though mysterious boxes with god knows what quality control inside make me nervous...
    PERTH AUSTRALIA
    || 2 x SV 27R || Impulse 31 - ver1 || Traxxas Spartan || Kintec Pursuit || Zonda Cat 41" || Insane FE30 || OuterLimits 870mm || TFL Ariane 36" || ProBoat Zelos 48 ||

Is it waterproof?)

That would be pretty classic and Travis is the guy to pull it off...maybe even on a 54" hull!

Thx fellas. That would be a good thing to try it in but I've got my mind set on a big mono, hopefully soon. They make a giant version (48" iirc) of the kbb34 I have. It's a sweet looking hull and this esc would fit the bill nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by Mxkid261 View Post
    Wow that thing is a brick

Your right. It's almost as heavy as a brick.

Quote Originally Posted by rayzerdesigns View Post
    Is it waterproof?)

Yes it's advertised as such and it's coated as far as I can tell.

What I don't like:

Weight.
    Size.
    Double motor wires.
    Double power wires.

What I do like:
    Does not feel or look cheap
    Cooling layout is much better than a sf300
    The wire layout (although I hate double wiring) is better

I hate how the sf300 has black wires in the middle and red on the outside. The flier is much better arranged. I want to let you guys know, the review I'm doing on this unit is unbiased because I wasn't given this unit, I had to pay for it.

For me I like the 6 motor wires as I am using mine with 6 wire Lehners, yeah I can understand more wires in a nuisance but less resistance is of course a good thing, same goes for the dual power wires, aesthetically more pleasing to have less wiring but I'll take the extra 1mph!

I'm going to be running my 400's through their paces in the 54" Mystic this weekend, no sport props this time, putting on the fast ones, will report in how she goes, hopefully won't be a smoke show but I'm willing to take one for the Team...well not really, just saying ;-)

For me I like the 6 motor wires as I am using mine with 6 wire Lehners, yeah I can understand more wires in a nuisance but less resistance is of course a good thing, same goes for the dual power wires, aesthetically more pleasing to have less wiring but I'll take the extra 1mph!

I'm going to be running my 400's through their paces in the 54" Mystic this weekend, no sport props this time, putting on the fast ones, will report in how she goes, hopefully won't be a smoke show but I'm willing to take one for the Team...well not really, just saying ;-)
    Well in my opinion they could use 6ga power wire (I know castle makes some because I have some) and 8ga an the motor wires. Would cost less money too.

Well in my opinion they could use 6ga power wire (I know castle makes some because I have some) and 8ga an the motor wires. Would cost less money too.
    Good point, my new MGM's have 6 gauge all around, a nightmare of soldering though. I really dislike soldering two big wires together for the power (as with the Flier's and SF300's) and trying to force them into one connector, not very tidy. Less wires would also be less entry/exit points on the controller so a bit less chance of water getting in...maybe. OK Travis you win haha!

Good point, my new MGM's have 6 gauge all around, a nightmare of soldering though. I really dislike soldering two big wires together for the power (as with the Flier's and SF300's) and trying to force them into one connector, not very tidy. Less wires would also be less entry/exit points on the controller so a bit less chance of water getting in...maybe. OK Travis you win haha!
    What I do is solder the two wires together like they would go in the connector. Of course they are too big to both fit at once so I grind the diameter of the joined wires down some till they fit in the connector. Then I tin the connector. Heat up and slip the wires in.

What I do is solder the two wires together like they would go in the connector. Of course they are too big to both fit at once so I grind the diameter of the joined wires down some till they fit in the connector. Then I tin the connector. Heat up and slip the wires in.
    Great pointer! Was actually just soldering up my second MGM and that thought had crossed my mind...but I don't have a grinder but a dremel could work...but all done now.

Great pointer! Was actually just soldering up my second MGM and that thought had crossed my mind...but I don't have a grinder but a dremel could work...but all done now.
    Yes I've used a dremel with the rough sanding drum.

Ditto

Had a chance today to get out in the sub-zero weather to push these Flier 400's harder, did not disappoint to say the least. Again running in 54" Mystic, 10S/side powering Lehner 3040/9 and big SAW props, X470's reduced to 60mm. Unfortunately my GPS was acting up today, new one coming this week so not accurate account of speed but this setup with my MGM25063's as mentioned earlier in the thread produced 116mph, I feel I was right on that today but we'll see later this week. Noticeable sharp punch and no fade in power and best of all, barely warm after each of the two complete runs!...and yes water near freezing so that of course helps alot but still, seems like they are well cooled. The soft cutout worked really nice for both runs at about 15% capacity left. I am really starting to like these esc's.
    Here's a few clips from today;

https://youtu.be/65YzjjY3wCk

https://youtu.be/ov7bTCuaZrk
    Last edited by Lone-Wolf; 12-17-2016 at 10:26 PM. Reason: spelling

Awesome news! Glad tonsee some feedback on the 400s as a seller. Very impressive

I may end up selling mine. I wasn't expecting it to be so large. I'll have to literally buy a larger boat to fit it in to use it. Lol. I might just throw it in the mono just to see.

Awesome news! Glad tonsee some feedback on the 400s as a seller. Very impressive
    I don't see any reason why these esc's won't be a good seller for you, other than performance they look pretty neat and tidy inside a larger hull, should be easy to tuck them away and easy routing of wires and cooling. I think the "red bricks" look cool in my hull...and for 1/4 the price of what was in there...am I allowed to say that ;-)

I may end up selling mine. I wasn't expecting it to be so large. I'll have to literally buy a larger boat to fit it in to use it. Lol. I might just throw it in the mono just to see.
    Personally I would much rather see you get another hull to fit it in, would be fun to see what you could do with it in a single mono...could you stuff it into your KBB34?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast