Thread: flier esc

Default flier esc

back when fightercat racing was in business selling their esc's, I dealt with Ben. I purchased and ran 2 or 3 different esc's on my neu 2230 12-s rigger. I kept destroying them till i realized the cooling blocks were leaking. Ben was very good replacing the failed units until the defective blocks were discovered. Then they stopped selling esc's. These alien esc's are obviously the same esc's that were sold as fightercat esc's. Does anyone know if the leaking issue was solved? If it was, I would be willing to give them another try.

I do believe it was. The other thing was cheap solder back in the day, this was also resolved. There a couple new units out now too. If you want a direct email addy I can give you one.
    Shawn

Default flier esc

Quote Originally Posted by srislash View Post
    I do believe it was. The other thing was cheap solder back in the day, this was also resolved. There a couple new units out now too. If you want a direct email addy I can give you one.
    Shawn
    who do you know that has used a high voltage unit recently and not had problems.

I have, and the only issue I have had with them was when I touched a power lead to the CF hull, doh!!!

I did have issues with the early ones such as the 140 twin.

What kind of demands do you have for a HV? I am running Etti 220HV's and have found them great and forgiving.

But honestly I have been thinking of Flier for my next build with LMTs.
    I have Swordys here but....

converting gas rigger to electric. following mark (dinogy batteries) plan to run t.p. 5860 650 kv on 10-s. just researching escs so i buy a good one. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by urbs00007 View Post
    converting gas rigger to electric. following mark (dinogy batteries) plan to run t.p. 5860 650 kv on 10-s. just researching escs so i buy a good one. thanks
    Go with the Etti. You should stay within limits easily. A bit of a pain to program but once done you are done.

What version of Etti are you recommending for a TP 5680? That motor is 7200 Watts continuous and on 10s thats 195amps. Burst watts of 15,000 on 10S is 405Amps. I see the ETTI 220 HV esc out there but would that really cover the burst of over 400Amps?

The motor ratings are not indicative of what the motor can draw, just the maximums the maker believes are safe. Depending on your load (prop size, hull trim, etc.) the amp draw can vary widely. For most 10S setups I would aim for 150-175 amp draw, at least at first particularly if you want much run time. That is a lot of power, many motors are most efficient at well under 200 amps.

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for