Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ariane 51"

I got my TP (TP-EUROPE) after 26 days. It seems I was lucky to have a jacket..
    Her some pictures and facts.
    http://www.rcgalleri.dk/fotoalbum/di.../35152-tp_5870
    Thanks to MarkF fore chearing his experiences.

Default arien

Quote Originally Posted by Nevs View Post
    I got my TP (TP-EUROPE) after 26 days. It seems I was lucky to have a jacket..
    Her some pictures and facts.
    http://www.rcgalleri.dk/fotoalbum/di.../35152-tp_5870
    Thanks to MarkF fore chearing his experiences.
    the water jacket doesnt look long enough. keep an eye on temps at the end bell.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkF View Post
    My 300 swordfish has been bullet proof. I used it in my 10s mono for saw events. I have grenade 3 motors during saw use and it still works fine. I guess I got lucky and got a good one.
    I think flier has worked out some bugs so I believe they will be better now. Some of the airplane guys have started using them and say they are working fine up to 18s but they don't load the esc like we do so testing by boaters is needed.

Mark
    mark, what cap bank did you run on that 300 swordfish? I'm going to run my TP 5670 840kv on 10-s 10,000mah with swordfish 300 lite. what caps do you recommend.

what cap bank did you run with the TP5680

I didn't run any cap bank. I only use extra caps on saw boats. Oval boats shouldn't need them but that depends on how hard your going to run them. I'm running the 650 kv 5860 on 10s and it swings a big gas prop around 22,000 rpm which is 4000 rpm faster than they do. My boat is for racing and my amp draw is low. After 9 laps on a race course my 10s 10000 packs are at 3.83 per cell so I'm not working anything hard. I would look for something OSE sells here that are rated 50v + or maybe Castle Creations if they sell any cap banks.

Mark

Here is my first test of the boat on 18s...And 9300 Gram. The esc is a flier 400 4-22s. propshop 62-14-3. Next test will be with 69mm ABC H-2714(3) and H-2715(3). The rotor of the 5870 is not very well ballanced.....
    http://www.rcgalleri.dk/video/divers...ariane_51__18s

You need a bigger pond.

Yes a lot bigger. But the pond is knee deep and not 1/2 a mile away. So great for testting.

How do you know the rotor is not balanced?

Mark

Small vibrations.

I mean in the motor can.. When I hold the motor in my hand and fire it up. Nothing like the TFL SSS 56-94 I have.

So I am thinking about what to do about it..1. Buy a sss 56104, (the Tp will not last long) or try to ballance it my self..I know how to tie flies and build rods..And the people who assemple leopards, SSS or TP do not know anything about wrappings or knots, (anybody who has ever disassembled them will know). The problem is to make a very precise tool fore ballancing a magnetic rotor. kevlar thread you can get "anywhere". high temp. epoxy /glue should be possible too.

Default ariene 51"

Quote Originally Posted by Nevs View Post
    So I am thinking about what to do about it..1. Buy a sss 56104, (the Tp will not last long) or try to ballance it my self..I know how to tie flies and build rods..And the people who assemple leopards, SSS or TP do not know anything about wrappings or knots, (anybody who has ever disassembled them will know). The problem is to make a very precise tool fore ballancing a magnetic rotor. kevlar thread you can get "anywhere". high temp. epoxy /glue should be possible too.
    why don't you send it back to T.P. or at least notify them of the problem. Has anyone else had this problem?

Why do I not notify them ?.. They know.. cost/benefit...

Anyway. To ballance it. It is impossible to use a magnetic ballancer you use for props. Think something "oldschol" could do, or razor-blades to minimize friction.

Mine spins smooth in my hands. i think you should tell them about it and I bet they will balance your rotor better for you.

Mark

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12