Thread: MonoHull troubles

Default MonoHull troubles

I'm currently building a rc mono and I plan to use a leopard 3674 2200kv motor on 6s and a 640 de tongued prop in it. Which one of the monohulls on OSE would you say is best if to use with this setup?

What parts do you already have? I will tell you this, 6s to a 2200kv motor is WAAAAY too much. You need to tell us more.

I also have a Ose raider 150 amp ESC and will be using it with a 640 prop.

I also want to get a nice all around hull that can handle racing and just for fun running.

Also what makes my setup way too much and what can I do to fix it. Will it produce to much heat or is the rpm too high.

Go for a Pursuit on 4s. You could also go with a 4074 or 4082 size of 2000-2200 kv, or you can upgrade later. The prop you have should be ok, test and check temps as you go, also 442,445, 437/3 may work. It all depends on what you are wanting to achieve. The OSE Raider 150 esc will also be suitable or a T-180.
    NZMPBA 2013, 2016 Open Electric Champion. NZMPBA 2016 P Offshore Champion.
    2016 SUHA Q Sport Hydro Hi Points Champion.
    BOPMPBC Open Mono, Open Electric Champion.

If you already have the 2200 then go 4s. There's no need for 6s on that motor. Amperage will be high (there's that heat). Heat is the devil with these things. On 4s you could probably get away with a Raider 150. They're priced right and you get world class OSE service. Great little ESC. The Seaking 180 has been a goto for many. I've run and abused those a ton. They've delivered power to setups for me that absolutely should not have worked. Down side is that there was a span where some of them were shutting down prematurely. I'm not sure anyone ever really figured the problem out. Also not sure if the supply chain has been cleared of the those units or not.

Pursuit is a killer boat. I have two.
    Cyberstorm is stellar too. The Cyber might be a better boat. It's a solid debate.
    A Delta 33 is easy to setup and almost identical to the first two on the bottom.
    A Delta 29 will really scoot on that motor but they can be a hand full to drive. Super sensitive to center of gravity. If you're leading they're killer. If you're chasing you need to do a lot of throttle work. Fun to drive if you like to........drive. haha
    Noisy person

Out of curiosity how would my setup handle on 5s? Would it be okay or still end up running on the hot side?

It would be marginal even if you used a 32mm prop...
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet