Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Etti Race just came in....

Yours doesnt have a BEC. There is a lower voltage model that does have a bec, thats the one I have. I have more of the higher voltage NON-Bec coming in a week.
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

So the first batch was correct and it was the second batch that was the lower voltage. Got it!!
    Don't get me started

Quote Originally Posted by Bill-SOCAL View Post
    So the first batch was correct and it was the second batch that was the lower voltage. Got it!!

Yes.

What happened was when reordering I was told about the bec version. I jumped on it without looking at the max voltage. So I ended up with a bec version of less voltage. Which isnt a problem, since lots of people want a bec and only use 4s. But I will continue to stock both escs.
    Steven Vaccaro

Did they ever provide any specs on the Cap board? I snagged a couple for testing, etc. Adding 10 big caps has to make a difference, but it would still be good to know what the actual numbers are from them.
    Don't get me started

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Vaccaro View Post
    I just found out that when I asked for the race 150 WITH bec, that the max voltage is only 5s/16 nimh cells. It was my mistake to overlook that spec.
    I will have the race 150 6s/20nimh with NO bec in about 2 weeks.
    Hi Steve,

Placed my order for the ETTI, can I get the ETTI w/o BEC for 6S setup Please! Thanks.
    Neal

Bill I'm working on those specs. All I have now is the 35 volts. I "assume" its for 7s lipo max, but you know what happens when you assume.

Neal we spoke by email. I will have you an esc in a week or so.
    Steven Vaccaro

35 volts should get you up to 8S. The big caps on my ESC are all 35V.

The top is stamped

81L
    35V
    Don't get me started

No rush on shipping the ESC Steve. I will be out of town in a weeks time till the end of the month. Just chimed in because of what I just read about the High/Low Bec/Non-Bec versions of the ETTI.

Default 100 6-16

I just wanted to add that the 100a 6-16 is a reliable and suprisingly strong running speedo as well..

I changed the rotor in my 4.5 Novak, and the boat's running strong, I'll have vid in a few days..

I think the cooling plate works REALLY well.. The flat design allows superior cooling to the fets

The Race 150 6-20 NiMh / 2s-7s lipo esc's are in stock now. Also more capacitor boards came in.
    Steven Vaccaro

I got the capacitor board yesterday. They are every bit as nicely done as the ESC. Sealed with a conformal coating just like the ESC.
    Don't get me started

Default WoW!

My ETTI sponsons just landed, and can I say WOW!?

Straight lace SAWS sponsons, zero dihedral FIERCE hydro/arerodynamics the carbon work is better than anything I've seen on ANY market including imports!

I'm speechless about 'em.. They're so nice, I don't wanna' drill 'em out LoL..

Check 'em out on the ETTI site..

Quote Originally Posted by BILL OXIDEAN View Post
    I just wanted to add that the 100a 6-16 is a reliable and suprisingly strong running speedo as well..
    Bill,

You seem to have a bit of experience with the Etti controllers. Any chance you could could help me in my thread?

https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...highlight=etti

Thanks,
    Scott

Quote Originally Posted by BILL OXIDEAN View Post
    My ETTI sponsons just landed, and can I say WOW!?

Straight lace SAWS sponsons, zero dihedral FIERCE hydro/arerodynamics the carbon work is better than anything I've seen on ANY market including imports!

I'm speechless about 'em.. They're so nice, I don't wanna' drill 'em out LoL..

Check 'em out on the ETTI site..
    Let me know when you do drill them, I'm headed there next with mine.
    IMPBA: 7-Time FE World Record Holder "Don't think outside the box. Rather, refuse to admit that the box exists in the first place!"

MGM Controllers - Giant Power Lipos - ML Boatworks - Wholt's Wire Drives & Struts - Nano-Oil

Quote Originally Posted by Meniscus View Post
    Let me know when you do drill them, I'm headed there next with mine.

Will do.. I spoke with Dee from ETTI and he showed me pics of his..
    They're drilled all the way through with telescoping carbon booms and aluminum collars..
    I'll try to post pics..

Is it just me, or do they look like an engeneering marvel? How did they mold 'em seamless like that but airtight and hollow? FEATHER light

Yeah, I just wish they had foam in them. As I haven't drilled them yet, I cannot confirm that they don't have foam in them. In my opinion, all sponsons should have foam just in case, well you know what happens. It would be a shame to watch one go to the bottom of the lake!

And WOW! They are feather light! I haven't weighed them yet, but they weigh near nothing.

Why don't we take this to PM or a different thread in order not to clutter this thread with unrelated items, other than the manufacturer. Have you seen my build using these sponsons? You are welcome to post the pictures there.
    IMPBA: 7-Time FE World Record Holder "Don't think outside the box. Rather, refuse to admit that the box exists in the first place!"

MGM Controllers - Giant Power Lipos - ML Boatworks - Wholt's Wire Drives & Struts - Nano-Oil

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234