Thread: Spartan Upgrade Recommendations

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Spartan Upgrade Recommendations

Hi. I recently got my first rc boat (ProBoat Recoil 17) and have been having lots of fun. I am going to get a Traxxas Spartan as my next boat. I have done PLENTY of research and i know all about its cooling issues and that i need to add a second water cooling line as well as a better water cooling jacket for the motor. I have read about people using the boat on 6s and having the ESC break. I saw on OSE that they have an upgrade kit that includes a Leapord 4082 1600kv and a SeaKing 180a ESC. I like the deal and people say its great for the boat. Im not sure if i should go for it right away or if i should just use the boat with the stock electronics for a while. I plan on buying 2x 3s batteries as well as 2x 2s batteries so i dont always have to run the boat on 6s. Anyway i was wondering what prop wuld be best if i were to go for the upgraded config. (I am going to get the OSE 3/16 flex cable even if i keep it stock.) I really like the x442 if i were to keep it stock but i cant really find very much info on what fits the upgraded setup nicely. Some people say the Prather s220 would be good but im not sure. Any help would be appreciated .
    Also, the OSE upgarde kit comes with bullet connectors for the batteries. Since the batteries run in series im not sure how they would need to be hooked up; considering that the Gens Ace batteries i will be purchasing have Traxxas connectors.

Thanks in advance! Luke

Motor/ESC Combo: http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pro...artan-Combo-v3
    Last edited by LukeFig; 11-01-2016 at 07:37 PM.