Thread: New MC changes, rebuild. New motor ?

Default New MC changes, rebuild. New motor ?

Hi All

I do have two MC, one was with destroyed hull, one brand new. Finally I have two ESC (Original one and Dynamite Marine 120A), OSE flex with 42x55 GrimRacer. Now I thought, to sell both motors, one original ESC, keep Dynamite and get new motor. Idea is not to have in fact more speed, but to keep it cooler, and on safe side with 2x2S. Any thoughts ? Dynamite ESC should be just fine.

Cool

I assume you mean 4S1P and not 2S2P. I think your plan is a good one, and depending on the motor choice gives more flexibility in power and speed.

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

Yes, indeed 4S1P. Any motor recommendations ? As I said, I preffer to stay on safe side instead of crazy speed.

One motor which is an upgrade for higher efficiency (and a bit more speed if desired by propping up) is the TP3640/1935 motor. Larger and of higher quality than the stock motor, it should work well.

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

Not easy to find in EU... should be Wind 4Y, Flat spot on the shaft?
    Last edited by MucFlyer; 11-01-2016 at 04:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluid View Post
    One motor which is an upgrade for higher efficiency (and a bit more speed if desired by propping up) is the TP3640/1935 motor. Larger and of higher quality than the stock motor, it should work well.

I think I did mistake ordering TP3640 4Y 2540KV ... can anyone confirm, or maybe will it be ok to use ?

no problem for 4s use in this hull

My question was more related to motor use, if TP3640 4Y 2540KV won't be overkill for this hull.

You should have no problem running that motor on 4s, like with any new setup changes, just make sure you check you temps closely your first few runs. Let us know how it runs, I'm ready to pull my MC from the shelf and give it new power.

I can report back right now, this motor doesn't fit. It is too long...wrong decision. So I'm looking again for new motor...not spending another 100 Euros, to get wrong one.
    Last edited by MucFlyer; 12-11-2016 at 06:06 AM.

Post some pics of why it's too long. My buddy has a castle 1515 in his which is bigger diameter and about the same length.
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

I see. You may have to do some modification to get that to work like flipping the motor mount around and shortening the stuffing tube, flex and whatever else you can shorten.
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

You should be able to make that fit by flipping your motor mount. I run a castle 1420 (spartan motor) in mine and it fits no problem. I believe its 82mm long.

Any updates? I just put my MC together with a 3674 / 1900KV and the canopy wouldn't close. Flipped my motor mount around, drilled new holes for right position and shortened the flex shaft and it fit just fine...