Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: CCW which gun do you use and why?

This might be a bit off-topic, but any suggestions out there for typical home security for the wife? She has trouble with my CZ and Kimber slides and wondering how the 380 slide/springs are in comparison? Or other suggestions. She likes the ARs but not for home security. Whatever it is, it would be great for Xmas.....for her I mean....

Quote Originally Posted by sanyijr View Post
    This might be a bit off-topic, but any suggestions out there for typical home security for the wife? She has trouble with my CZ and Kimber slides and wondering how the 380 slide/springs are in comparison? Or other suggestions. She likes the ARs but not for home security. Whatever it is, it would be great for Xmas.....for her I mean....
    Have you ever thought of a Taurus Judge, pulic defender, small, simple, 45 long colt or .410 shot shell, my friend cot one for his wife, in a real life confrontation, simplicity is key, being its a small light weight revlover, its just point and pull, and the price is not bad, check it out, Shawn.

El Duche is not legal in CA. But I have shot it and it is nice.......

My PPK/S 380 ACP slide spring is extremely stiff, I don't have another 380 to compare , but a fuller sized semi-auto slide is easier to grab, that said, revolver is simpler for home defense, imo.
    Years ago I bought a Beretta Tomcat ( Tilting barrel design) in .32 ACP for my then wife who had trouble with the spring of a semi auto slide.

Quote Originally Posted by sanyijr View Post
    El Duche is not legal in CA. But I have shot it and it is nice.......
    Ah, gota love Cali, I am in N.H. state moto on plate is, LIVE FREE OR DIE.

Quote Originally Posted by LOVE6S View Post
    Ah, gota love Cali, I am in N.H. state moto on plate is, LIVE FREE OR DIE.
    Well in california you need a permit to live free.....and a differnt permit if you die.... Either way you pay taxes ....

But yes, revolver is the key. I am thinking a 357 short barrel revolver adn let her play with the 38 cal rounds a bit.

As a retired Marine and former cop I am a huge 1911 fan so I cary a goverment model colt 1911, and as a back up use a para warthog compact on the ankle 10 round of 45 acp never hurts.
    Quote Originally Posted by rockwerks View Post
    Ali and I are getting our CCW's this month and buying new handguns.

what do you all carry? recommend?

We are looking for .40 S&W semi auto's at least
    Top Gun 2011, "current problem" 88MPH. Top Gun 2014 "Marine One" 99 MPH. bet speed to date 125 MPH

Sounds like you may like the RUGER LCR, got one love it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123