Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: prop and motor setup

I like and prefer 3 blades on a mono you will find they tend to handle better with better accelartion

Quote Originally Posted by rad35 View Post
    another question is there an advantage to running 3 blade prop vs 2 and lift vs no low lift (x vs m) style. for my app.
    Sizing and amp draw are your concerns here, for starters the CR 447's are good. Easy to sale off if you move past them. Especially if you get Chris to detounge and sharpen/balance them.

You will be able to easily move up to 10s too at a later date with that Kv

Oh yknow I just had a look at the pic of the back of the boat, how far up the transom off the running surface of the boat would you say the stinger prop shaft centreline is.

I would hate to recommend a prop and have it not touch the water.

I would start with a smaller size and then go up depending on heat from the very bottom of the v it's 1 in. from below the stingers it's 1/2 in.

Well 1/2" should work for 447's. You may need to lower them. Did this boat run before?

I just re read, it was not run before.

I will start with that who is chris? on sharpening props. is my other option to go to bigger motors to run bigger props or not an option. the stuffing tubes are right on the bottom of the hull where they enter the back now sothe only way i can lower them is stinger angle i have 1/4 in. flex cables.

I will start with that who is chris?
    Dasboata
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

I will start with that who is chris? on sharpening props. is my other option to go to bigger motors to run bigger props or not an option. the stuffing tubes are right on the bottom of the hull where they enter the back now sothe only way i can lower them is stinger angle i have 1/4 in. flex cables.
    LOL That's me the prop guy!

There is 'the man'.

chris how do i get in touch with you about doing props? So i go with 447 props 3 blade like chris suggested ( L & R ) tp 4060 1050 5y kv 8's 240 amp esc's. should be a good starting point?
    it's been a process but i think we have it. Thank's everyone for the help and bearing with me on this. my next hull will be nothing installed when i get it LOL.

chris how do i get in touch with you about doing props? So i go with 447 props 3 blade like chris suggested ( L & R ) tp 4060 1050 5y kv 8's 240 amp esc's. should be a good starting point?
    it's been a process but i think we have it. Thank's everyone for the help and bearing with me on this. my next hull will be nothing installed when i get it LOL.
    Octura has not made the 447/3 in a few years,,, you can not get them, I do have some prop shop sets of 4714/3 in ss,, that are just about the same size, or can go up to 450/3 octuras and cut them or reduce them down a bit ,,you can touch base with me threw PMs or email me at dasboata@aol.com thanks Chris

That should be a solid setup rad35. PropShops are good(I have a set) but you can just go Octura two blades as well. A three blade does draw more amps due to the extra blade. My preference and I'm sure Chris will agree is three blades on a single as it seems to even out the thrust.

Quote Originally Posted by srislash View Post
    That should be a solid setup rad35. PropShops are good(I have a set) but you can just go Octura two blades as well. A three blade does draw more amps due to the extra blade. My preference and I'm sure Chris will agree is three blades on a single as it seems to even out the thrust.
    Defiantly on a mono !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dasboata View Post
    Defiantly on a mono !!!!
    Oops, forgot that part, haha. Thanks Chris

thank's again guy's for all the help. now just need to figure out esc size will it hurt to go bigger like 220 or 240?

da guess i need to go that size to run 8's LOL.

I would get something that would step up to 10s. I think well trimmed out that boat should push 150 amps. Getting to that point may take more though.

Here's my 44 Hurricane with dual 3630 1500kv dual 180amp 40mm(3) blade. I'm about to upgrade to tp4050s 1570kv or 1700kv I haven't decided yet any suggestions. IMG_6093.jpgoh it runs a steady 47mph at around 120 degrees on ESC's

Quote Originally Posted by centralrcmystic View Post
    Here's my 44 Hurricane with dual 3630 1500kv dual 180amp 40mm(3) blade. I'm about to upgrade to tp4050s 1570kv or 1700kv I haven't decided yet any suggestions. IMG_6093.jpgoh it runs a steady 47mph at around 120 degrees on ESC's
    It would depend what you would like to accomplish. I think moving up to 4050's at 1570 will step it up. Are you wanting to push more prop? I am not sure how much the O/B's will take.

Quote Originally Posted by srislash View Post
    It would depend what you would like to accomplish. I think moving up to 4050's at 1570 will step it up. Are you wanting to push more prop? I am not sure how much the O/B's will take.
    Those outboards will take as much as a 4050 can throw at them. I do want a overall faster boat. I just don't know how different 1570 vs 1700 would be . It's just fun boat so the system needs to run within temps. I also at least need to run 42mm props with my hull size of 44in

IMG_6087.jpg

1700 would be good on 6s. Monos tend to be a bit speed limited(while remaining fun). So I would do the 1700, it is still well within the limits as long all is running well now. 4050's will have a much easier time swinging props and pushing that boat than the 36mm cans thus remaining cooler.

i have just been going with what these more experienced people have been telling me haven't got all the parts for my setup yet. so can't give much advice on how it works yet. did just get a data log esc for my spartan and some props (fiber) to play with and hopefully record some good info and get a little wiser LOL. i have a cc 1515 6's and sf 220 pro+ props 42/2 45/2 45/3 &47/2 going to try these and check amps and temps fibers arn't probably all that great for testing but maybe figure somethings out will let you know when i get some info.

your boat looks cool with the twin outbords!

i have just been going with what these more experienced people have been telling me haven't got all the parts for my setup yet. so can't give much advice on how it works yet. did just get a data log esc for my spartan and some props (fiber) to play with and hopefully record some good info and get a little wiser LOL. i have a cc 1515 6's and sf 220 pro+ props 42/2 45/2 45/3 &47/2 going to try these and check amps and temps fibers arn't probably all that great for testing but maybe figure somethings out will let you know when i get some info.

I have always just winged it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12