Thread: fast props for twin motor Zondas

Default fast props for twin motor Zondas

What pitch and mm size can I go with to get the fastest speeds out of my Zonda? From my reading and You tube views, the cnc props seem to work well on this boat. My Zonda runs on twin Leopard 4092 1790kv motors, with dual 180A v3 esc's. I run 6s on each motor for a total of 12s. I'm presently using 745 cnc props that I got from Kintec. With this set up, I turned 78mph but the videos I'm looking at are doing in the 80's and 90's with a similar set up as my Zonda. The only difference I see is the pitch and diameter change with the props. Do you think I could go with the cnc 448 size with higher pitch and 0 timing?

I need some advice from you experienced boaters. What do you think?

Thanks,
    Don

This is why I lost interest in answering your email ,,,,,,,,,, your e mail quote to me ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Chris,

What props do you recommend for my twin motor Zonda....I'm running 8-12s...Leopard 4092....1790kv motor....180A...v3 seaking esc's.....At present on 12s....I'm hitting 78mph...Do you have props that can get me into the 80's?

best,

Don

Chris,

You never answered my email on Zonda props. If you have some suggestions. I would be happy to listen to them and possibly buy props from you. Just remember I need 2 props and 1 has to be reverse rotation. Please respond with constructive information.

I did answer you here was my answer to you "So your running 12 s on a HK 180 ? what and whos props do you have on there now ?"
    before I can take a educated guess for you,, I need to know your set up & I found it not realistic running 12 S on a HK 180 & I questioned that & you did not address that question, I hope you or OSE finds this constructive

Quote Originally Posted by dasboata View Post
    This is why I lost interest in answering your email ,,,,,,,,,, your e mail quote to me ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Chris,

What props do you recommend for my twin motor Zonda....I'm running 8-12s...Leopard 4092....1790kv motor....180A...v3 seaking esc's.....At present on 12s....I'm hitting 78mph...Do you have props that can get me into the 80's?

best,

Don
    Don
    First of all you are scaring people saying that you are running 12S on 1790kv motors. (see your E-Mail to Chris)

You are running 6S either in 6S2P configuration, or 6S1P to each motor.

A lot better prop then your CNC 45mm props would be;
    ABC 1815-17-45 ( pair of L&R) This prop alone should give you more speed.
    Aluminum props tend to flatten out at RPM, therefore losing thrust at higher RPM.
    The ABC props won't do that. Therefore you can run a prop with a lower total pitch and go faster.

For even more speed; but watch you Amp draw - motor have a MAX AMP draw.
    ABC 1816-17-45 ( pair of L&R)
    or
    ABC 1915-17-45 ( pair of L&R)
    or
    ABC 1916-17-45 ( pair of L&R)

Now E-Mail Chris back and ask him if he has or can get a pair for you.
    Also let him do the work on them - you need a matched pair,
    With the speeds you are running or want to ask him to harden them for you also, you won't be sorry.

Larry
    Last edited by TRUCKPULL; 10-26-2016 at 07:43 PM.
    Past NAMBA- P Mono -1 Mile Race Record holder
    Past NAMBA- P Sport -1 Mile Race Record holder
    Bump & Grind Racing Props -We Like Em Smooth & Wet

Quote Originally Posted by TRUCKPULL View Post
    Don
    First of all you are scaring people saying that you are running 12S on 1790kv motors. (see your E-Mail to Chris)

You are running 6S either in 6S2P configuration, or 6S1P to each motor.

A lot better prop then your CNC 45mm props would be;
    ABC 1815-17-45 ( pair of L&R) This prop alone should give you more speed.
    Aluminum props tend to flatten out at RPM, therefore losing thrust at higher RPM.
    The ABC props won't do that. Therefore you can run a prop with a lower total pitch and go faster.

For even more speed; but watch you Amp draw - motor have a MAX AMP draw.
    ABC 1816-17-45 ( pair of L&R)
    or
    ABC 1915-17-45 ( pair of L&R)
    or
    ABC 1916-17-45 ( pair of L&R)

Now E-Mail Chris back and ask him if he has or can get a pair for you.
    Also let him do the work on them - you need a matched pair,
    With the speeds you are running or want to ask him to harden them for you also, you won't be sorry.

Larry
    thank you Larry !!

My apologies to all you experienced boaters. I am running 6s on each motor and esc. The seakings 180's max out at 6s. Larry, thanks for getting things straight. I'll take your suggestion on the props and drop Chris an e-mail and see what he has in stock.

Don

I am running the ABC's as suggested by Larry on my Fantasm(same hull) with great success. Just adjust batteries/stingers to get her running right. Every different set of props will need some adjustment.

Shawn Reid

Glade you cleared it up ,

I also got prepped 1815s from Chris and the boat came with the 1815s as well. So I can't help but wonder about that coincidence. Shawn also uses those props as mentioned above. I think you will be pleased.
    Proboat Voracity-E 36" , Proboat Zelos 36 Twin , Proboat Miss Geico 29" , Traxxas Spartan, Fightercat Daytona, Zonda